Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making a Living From Screen Writing

• 11-08-2008 4:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭

So I graduated with a degree that had a lot screenwriting elements in it, which I loved, and I'm considering doing MA/Postgraduate Diploma in Arts (Screenwriting) at NUI Galway. The course sounds fantastic but with such an investment of time and money I'd want to be sure its something I could make a living from afterwards. Obviously one does not simply walk into Hollywood and start writing feature films, and applying for production funding from places like the BCI is more an activity for aspiring producers/directors.

So my question is, whats life as a screenplay writer like? What avenues are there for making money?

I'm sure we don't have a huge collection of proffessional screenwriters here but I'd appreciate sharing any experiences you've had.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭coxy14

Hey Zillah,
    Thought i'd make a little suggestion - you might get a better response if you post your question here: www.filmmakersnetwork.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭fergisimo

I just had a look at that Screenwriting course, dude. I'm not quite sure what the requirements are, as whats stated doesn't make sense to me. Can anyone clarify?

Advertisement