Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommend a mechanic in Lucan

Options
  • 11-08-2008 6:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for an independant mechanic in Lucan (have checked phone book online and can't find one) as I need to get a fan belt replaced in my e34 520.

Can anyone recommend one,

Thanks.

V

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

V1llianous wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking for an independant mechanic in Lucan (have checked phone book online and can't find one) as I need to get a fan belt replaced in my e34 520.

Can anyone recommend one,

Thanks.

V

Try Bernard (Ben ) McNally Motors 087 xxx - he operates from behind his house which is situated on the N4 just before the Texaco Station / The Foxhunter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭OMcGovern

Yeah, I second that recommendation.

I got a timing belt done there, he talked me out of stuff that other garages said would probably have to be done. ( water pump, pulleys etc.. ) i was the first timing belt change for the car at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the suggestions - I had found one on the Clonee Road - Ken Fildes motors and dropped it in this morning.

It turns out the water pump had disintegrated and I got it there just in time, dropped it at 9 a.m. and collected it at 4 p.m. - very pleased with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

V1llianous wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for the suggestions - I had found one on the Clonee Road - Ken Fildes motors and dropped it in this morning.

It turns out the water pump had disintegrated and I got it there just in time, dropped it at 9 a.m. and collected it at 4 p.m. - very pleased with him.

Good result - Ken Fildes has a good reputation as well - used to be an authorised Citreon Service agent and a citreon dealer before that - services all makes now afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Excellent - this thread is bookmarked so I'll know where to shop around.
    Clandillon Motors near Celbridge were excellent when I dropped my car in for some work a couple of moths ago.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

josh59 wrote: »
    Good result - Ken Fildes has a good reputation as well - used to be an authorised Citreon Service agent and a citreon dealer before that - services all makes now afaik.
    My wife left her previous Pug there and was well looked after. The only problem is access if you don't have a car.
    Both he and his son Jonathan fildes were/are top class racers also!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

kbannon wrote: »
    The only problem is access if you don't have a car.

Why would you need a mechanic if you don't have a car?

:D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

you know what I mean!
    Its not along a route serviced by public transport so when you drop your car off, you are left in the middle of nowhere!
    (and I did see the smiley in case you thought I didn't see the humour!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

OMcGovern wrote: »
    Yeah, I second that recommendation.

I got a timing belt done there, he talked me out of stuff that other garages said would probably have to be done. ( water pump, pulleys etc.. ) i was the first timing belt change for the car at the time.

Good job you didn't go here with your particular problem, as you say above, the water pump hanging ouf of the car! The mutt here asleep on the couch beside me knows you change the water pump when you change the timing belt! Usually when you are given this type of advice, it is for a good reason, to pre-emptively solve a problem before it occurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

if ken fildes cant fix it bring it to the crusher.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Bearcat wrote: »
    if ken fildes cant fix it bring it to the crusher.....

or get someone like myself who Will fix it. Regardless of age, price or any variable you wish to throw into the mix, ive fixed punto with fire damage, made two lugunas ( both bought for 50 quid, neither running ) into a 2k euro car...

if he cant fix it,

Move along.

Not everyone is correct a 100%, always have a back-up

Advertisement