Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bumped into me and drove off!!

Options
  • 11-08-2008 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

GRR so annoyed, parked my car near my house on Friday night, went out for a few drinks and then picked it up at 11 on Sat morning. basically somebody bumped it the drivers door and dented and scratched it and just drove off without leaving a note etc. No CCTV or anything in the area so i'm stuck with repairing it.

It's a 06 Grande Punto, damage isn't too bad, just a dent and scratches, nothing cracked, but the problem is it crosses the panel between the drivers door and front right wheel arch, so two panels dented.

Just wondering could anybody recommend what would be the best way to get this sorted. There's a main dealer near me that I have brought it to for a service before but I'm assuming they'll prob be pretty expensive for that kind of work. Would a panel beater be the best option?

cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I know a fantastic panel beater who is skilled and cheap BUT is in Belfast.

His name is Stephen and his number is +447778179444.

He is close enough to Ikea so you could combine the two or else head into town. The cheap shopping which has people shopping up North will also make your car repair cheap.

I had him do work on an Audi when what looks like a motorbike ran into it then ran off. You wouldn't know anything had happened and he charged £150.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Where are you OP? Some beaters will respray car too but if you can fix scratches yourself it will be cheaper. How deep are they?
    http://www.ehow.com/video_3378_fix-scratch-car.html

Advertisement