Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia n95 stand by display

• 11-08-2008 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Recently got this phone, and one, very small, thing is annoying me. When the phone is idle the screensaver is a strip, containing the time and date. But for some reason it goes vertically down the phone, like you have to turn it sideways to view it. It should be going horizontally. My brother has the same phone and his is the correct way. Anyone know how I can change this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

When you take the screensaver off what way is the screen facing, landscape or portrait. The screen saver will face the same way.
    To get it horizontal make sure the screen is in portrait before closing the slide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

niallo24 wrote: »
    Hi,

Recently got this phone, and one, very small, thing is annoying me. When the phone is idle the screensaver is a strip, containing the time and date. But for some reason it goes vertically down the phone, like you have to turn it sideways to view it. It should be going horizontally. My brother has the same phone and his is the correct way. Anyone know how I can change this?

is it a new phone? Was is like that "out of the box", or did it happen after some "fiddling"/trying programs etc?
    Odd glitch...
    You could update the firmware or try a hard reset (just remember to back up phone memory to mass storage; and both to pc using pc suite).

have you tried switching active standby on/off?
    Have you checked if any other menus/apps act funny when rotating screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

is it a new phone? Yeah only bought yesterday

Was is like that "out of the box", or did it happen after some "fiddling"/trying programs etc? its been like that since I turned it on

have you tried switching active standby on/off? Yeah, no joy.
    Have you checked if any other menus/apps act funny when rotating screen? Nothing else seems to be affected...

is it a new phone? Yeah only bought yesterday

Was is like that "out of the box", or did it happen after some "fiddling"/trying programs etc? its been like that since I turned it on

have you tried switching active standby on/off? Yeah, no joy.
    Have you checked if any other menus/apps act funny when rotating screen? Nothing else seems to be affected...

well, if you bought it "yesterday" return it ;)

it's not your job to fix it, and - more importantly - figure out what underlying prob causes that glitch! And who knows how some future use/apps will react to that "bug"! It's Nokia's current flagship - whoever sold it, should treat it as such, and make you happy ;):D

return it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭Brianb8802

Mines the same aswell, was annoying at the start but after a few months i dont notice it any more. I thought all 8GB were like that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 mrs.ljungberg

Same here have it about a week 8gb too

Gonna take it into a phone shop today and see if there is anything that can be done. I will let you's know how I get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Is it that much of a job to turn the phone that you are willing to return the phone and demand a new one. In terms of energy used going back to the shop is gonna outweigh by about 10-1 the energy used to turn the phone when you want to see the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭MacBuster

The Rotation app might be on, I have it aswell there is nada wrong with the phone just the way it is built and not a bad little phone either !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,872 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Brianb8802 wrote: »
    Mines the same aswell, was annoying at the start but after a few months i dont notice it any more. I thought all 8GB were like that
    Same here have it about a week 8gb too

Mine's the same. Was a bit annoying but you soon get used to it.
    What's more irritating is the lack of a decent divX player - I've tried both Coreplayer and DivX Player but the interface on the former is awful, and the latter doesn't show the picture on the files I've transferred :(

• Advertisement

I never said I was gonna return it, but if it turned out it was a software glitch then I probably would yeah considering I paid a lot of money for it.

Anyway I asked the guy in the shop, he said thats just standard and there is no way of changing the display. A bit retarded, but sure nothing can be done about it so no point worrying.

I never said I was gonna return it, but if it turned out it was a software glitch then I probably would yeah considering I paid a lot of money for it.

Anyway I asked the guy in the shop, he said thats just standard and there is no way of changing the display. A bit retarded, but sure nothing can be done about it so no point worrying.

errr....what?
    Can one of you post a screenshot please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭Brianb8802

Brianb8802 wrote: »

Cheers mate, thats much better!

Advertisement