Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darren Bent

Options
  • 11-08-2008 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

He's had a cracking pre-season (how may goals now?) will be your first choice striker this season or will have end up playing as back up to some "fancy dan" import? It would be great shame if Ramos doesn't give him the chance to lead the line in my opinion.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Will thrive in a 4-5-1 formation (or variation)

May not do so well with an orthodox strike partner, think if Berbatov stays then bent will have a stop start season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

He fully deserves a proper crack at the whip. He's worked hard, and gives his all, unlike his moody counterpart, and while he doesn't have the silky skills of Berbatov, with the creativity we now have in the middle, he will hopefully thrive. I would love for him to start knocking them in for real now.

I think he got 13 goals in pre-season, which is an impressive figure. I hope to see him start against Boro next Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

As mentioned already, i think he needs to start as the main striker with someone playing off him. Unless Juande gets berbatov to play behind bent in the 4231 system, although im not sure if berba will be very productive in that position !! Id be shocked and dissapointed if bent does'nt start on Saturday given he's in such good form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

I've stuck €50 on him to be league's top scorer at 22-1.

I think he has a chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

IanCurtis wrote: »

I think he has a chance!
    Fair play, I hope you clean up.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

IanCurtis wrote: »

I think he has a chance!

Best of luck its always worth a sneaky few bob on someone cause you never really know who is gonna go on a big run just look at thje likes of kevin Philips and Marcus Stewart, Well and truely One season Wonders but still knocked in 30 each

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

ziedth wrote: »
    Best of luck its always worth a sneaky few bob on someone cause you never really know who is gonna go on a big run just look at thje likes of kevin Philips and Marcus Stewart, Well and truely One season Wonders but still knocked in 30 each

James Beattie and Kevin Doyle got close aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

£250 in the sun dream team

Advertisement