Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Benches - where?

Options
  • 11-08-2008 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi All,

Am looking to source 2 sturdy gardens benches (cast iron + wook or plain wood) for my back garden. Have found the ones in the leading DIY shops pretty flimsy.

Can anyone recommend somewhere that I could get 2 reliable ones? Am in Dublin 5 - will travel to adjoining counties

Thanks

Dools

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Blinder

I saw a sturdy looking one in the garden centre in Newsland cross. much better looking than the ones in woodies etc.
    It was all wood.
    Price about 4-5 hundred ( can't remeber exactly)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭hippychippy

Where in the country are you???? I can give you a quote to make the benches.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭JackieO

Do you make cast iron benches? I'm looking for something very sturdy and very decorative and preferably antique looking.

Any recommendations gladly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

Got one in b&Q there at the beginning of the summer the display model was awful flimsy- but was assured by the sales guy that they werent like that when properly screwed together - dont know why the display model wasnt but anyhow. Bought it put it together ourselves properly and its solid as a rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭hippychippy

No cast iron sorry, but sturdy timber, if you're interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭JackieO

Thanks, but looking for cast iron specifically.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

I hope the MOds won't mind me providing this info.

We are now offering very comfortable and hard wearing Classic Park Benches (but without cast iron sides). Made from Pressure Treated Spruce, and brass screws, this bench will provide years of comfort and enjoyment. Length 1800mm/6' 0".

The RRP is € 275.00 each (incl VAT) however I will refund € 50.00 to each Boardsie purchaser in return for some Product testimonial which we may use for promotional purposes. Assembly and delivery services also available. This is a limited offer and some pics:

dools wrote: »
    Hi All,

Am looking to source 2 sturdy gardens benches (cast iron + wook or plain wood) for my back garden. Have found the ones in the leading DIY shops pretty flimsy.

Can anyone recommend somewhere that I could get 2 reliable ones? Am in Dublin 5 - will travel to adjoining counties

Thanks

Dools

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭baguio

@Sunnenblumen: Don't mean to hijack thread but as an aside, you wouldnt happen to know where I could source this - or similar - do you? Need a reasonable quality bench - but also the storage for tools, so I can maximise on space. Only thing I can find in Ireland are those horrible plastic boxes or seats. The english supplier couldn't be bothered returning my emails for price confirmation delivered to Ireland.

Hi Baguio - leave it with me and I'll see. I remember coming across something similar earlier, but I need to dig it out. I presume the finish is teak or does it matter?

Cheers Sonnenblumen.
    Well, as long as it is of decent quality - don't want it falling apart. Kind of frustrating as the one in the picture fits the bill exactly. Its long enough to get all my garden tools in it (which means I can get them out of the rain and not bother wasting precious space on one of those poxy garden sheds) - and it slots in exactly to the spot I have in mind for it.

• Advertisement

Something similar 'Cubero' to what you're looking for is available here:
    http://www.greenfingers.com/superstore/category.asp?page=2&dept_id=200302&showall=

Something similar 'Cubero' to what you're looking for is available here:
    http://www.greenfingers.com/superstore/category.asp?page=2&dept_id=200302&showall=
    Yes, my google trawl turned up with that one. I mailed them yesterday to ask if they could offer a three seater but no joy.
    Thanks nevertheless. Will probably give that original supplier a call and see if I can talk them into taking a few euro off me!

got a price but delivery charge is £50. Might wait and see if i come across same item over here - or maybe until i have cause to take the ferry across sometime..

Just in case anyone else looking for similar, found bench with exact same dimensions here - somewhat cheaper - but also they're charging just £12.50 for IRL delivery - so have gone with this.

Only thing I'm not sure of is how weatherproof 'chinese cherrywood' is but will find out soon enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lifeisagame

dools wrote: »
    Hi All,

Thanks

Dools

Portmarnock and District Men's Shed are making garden benches in wood. We only charge cost of materials as we are a charity. We hope to get a donation to Shed.
    PM me if interested

Portmarnock and District Men's Shed are making garden benches in wood. We only charge cost of materials as we are a charity. We hope to get a donation to Shed.
    PM me if interested

Id be guessing that this poster has either gotten sorted or given up in the 9 years since they posted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 David delaney

I make garden benches, I sell them on adverts my site is called davidsite have a look and see if you would be interested

Advertisement