Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cramming for Law Exams

• 11-08-2008 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I signed up to do a BA (Ordinary) in Law at DIT last year. Unfortunately work commitments meant that I was unable to attend lectures. I did not even attempt the exams in May as I was away with work. I had pretty much given up on the course.

Today I received a letter from DIT informing me of the Supplemental exams which are taking place in September (exactly three weeks away) I signed up to do three subjects: Contract, Company and Property.
    I have a general understanding of Contract and Company law, but I am not that good on Property Law.

Do you think it would be feasible for me to do some cramming, use the past papers and the nutshell books, and possibly get a grind in Property law in order to get through the exams?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

It is feasible but won't be easy and nor will you be guaranteed to pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Law_Student

To be honest I am not too concerned if I dont pass. I don't really deserve to pass, but I think if I give it a go I may just sneak through.

Can anyone recommend someone for grinds?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

There are plenty of people to get grinds from alright. The best thing might be to get the past papers first and pattern match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Spike440

Though I'm loath to admit it, I got a 2.1 in Property Law based only on cramming Ruth Cannon's nutshell the night before the exam. She was the examiner though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Past papers non stop til the exams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

Definately give it a go! The BA in DIT is marked very fairly (I finished it last year). Ruth Cannon teaches the property and claims her book is enough to know. Contract is pretty standard, the nutshells would definately be enough. Don't know about Company it wasn't one of the subjects I did.

I'd definately recommend giving it a go, you've nothing to lose!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭Carmeii

the exams in DIT are so easy you'l have no problem. throw in a few quotes of cannon and you'll pass that exam. her nutshell is so short i studied a few topics the night b4 and passed, got 60 i think. contract is grand too if u have SC. seriously dont worry. its the FE1's u need to stress bout if u wanna do them after. they are scary, dont sweat the small stuff. DIT is a doddle:P

Advertisement