Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EPILEPTICS ASSEMBLE !!

Options
  • 11-08-2008 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Ok so basically i just signed up to boards.ie today for one sole reason

TO AID MY FELLOW EPILEPTICS !!!!

anywho i just wanted to start a thread where people with any information about good night clubs without strobe lights ya know where to go and where not to go

who knows maybe if we can get enuf of us we could actually try and do something about this **** situation like pester clubs into having at least ONE NIGHT A WEEK to turn off the strobe lights

looking forward to hearing from any1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

Amusing username! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Epiletic-Jesus

Ha how slow am i cudnt even spell the condition i have right shud change it to Dyslexic-Jesus lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Ok so basically i just signed up to boards.ie today for one sole reason

TO AID MY FELLOW EPILEPTICS !!!!

anywho i just wanted to start a thread where people with any information about good night clubs without strobe lights ya know where to go and where not to go

who knows maybe if we can get enuf of us we could actually try and do something about this **** situation like pester clubs into having at least ONE NIGHT A WEEK to turn off the strobe lights

looking forward to hearing from any1

Good luck with your night club idea but I don't think you are likely to get enough people together for this to work since only 3 to 5% of people who have epilepsy are actually photo-sensitive - that's about 2 people in every 10,000.

Could be interesting though to get a couple of hundred photo-sensitives on the dancefloor and then suddenly turn on the high power strobes - just for giggles. Good way to root out intruders as well.

I have epilepsy myself, not photo sensitive and it's well controlled so I'm not taking the piss but I can see a funny side to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Only saw this thread
    I'm epileptic, not photosensitive though, so can't help.
    Would be interested to hear if you got an epileptic club night, I'd go. HATE strobe lights anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Feeonaw

Hey Y'All :) I take it most of you have seen Non Drinkers Group forum events?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1015?

Might be worth mentioning the idea over there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Raid

Hi
    I have epilepsy but I have been seizure free 2 yrs since surgery in 2007. Just to let you it is not encourgaged to call epilepsy sufferer's Epileptics. We have the illness but we are not the Illness. This is something that the Irish Epilepsy Assiocation has brought to light and try to encourages people to not use this word.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Raid wrote: »
    Hi
    I have epilepsy but I have been seizure free 2 yrs since surgery in 2007. Just to let you it is not encourgaged to call epilepsy sufferer's Epileptics. We have the illness but we are not the Illness. This is something that the Irish Epilepsy Assiocation has brought to light and try to encourages people to not use this word.
    I don't like Political Correctness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Raid

Tough luck. Its the correct way to look at it. Otherwise you would be discriminating.

Advertisement