Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man City

Options
  • 11-08-2008 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭

Following on from this thread:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055351272 I have backed City @ 11/1(betfair) to be relegated and backed Hughes to be the first managerial change at 10.5/1, he is now down to 2/1 to be the 1st managerial change, cruel I know but gotta make a few bob somewhere.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

patmac wrote: »
    Following on from this thread:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055351272 I have backed City @ 11/1(betfair) to be relegated and backed Hughes to be the first managerial change at 10.5/1, he is now down to 2/1 to be the 1st managerial change, cruel I know but gotta make a few bob somewhere.
    Not cruel. It is gambling after all ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭corban

you have to be clinical about gambling...dont agree with your bets though, even with city in crisis cant see them being relegated. not when you have hull and stoke already occupying 2 spots most probably.

as for hughes losing his job, anythings possible i suppose, but i think alan curbishley, paul ince, rafa (if pool get off to bad start), big phil (if roman gets out of bed on wrong side) and keegan would be more likely candidates.

hughes got the best out of blackburn and i think he has a better squad at city already...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Agree with you Corban that it's probably less likely than others. I definitely can't see them going down either. But as a back to lay it was a cracker. Nice one, patmac

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

One thing I've learnt over the year is NEVER bet on City. No matter what. No one ever know what's gonna happen next with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Problem is that for them to be relegated, they will have to do as badly as Hull (1.36 to go down) and Stoke (1.44).

Can't see it happening to be honest.

Could be decent value in Hughes to go first though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Imo Fulham at 2/1 ish are the value bet re relegation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

cson wrote: »
    Imo Fulham at 2/1 ish are the value bet re relegation.

No way, with the players they've signed they will be well away from relegation come next May.

SantryRed wrote: »
    No way, with the players they've signed they will be well away from relegation come next May.

have to agree with santry red, fulham on paper have a team now capable of not being involved in the relegation battle at all....

blackburn or middlesboro around 8/1 to be relegated might be worth a (speculative) punt....also sunderland 11/4 to finish in top half of table might be worth considering if they manage to bag a decent striker before the off next saturday.

corban wrote: »
    you have to be clinical about gambling...dont agree with your bets though, even with city in crisis cant see them being relegated. not when you have hull and stoke already occupying 2 spots most probably.

as for hughes losing his job, anythings possible i suppose, but i think alan curbishley, paul ince, rafa (if pool get off to bad start), big phil (if roman gets out of bed on wrong side) and keegan would be more likely candidates.

hughes got the best out of blackburn and i think he has a better squad at city already...

well keegan got the chop, pity i didnt put the money down, but who do u think will be next?

maybe curbs, rafa or ince?

maybe i spoke too soon, newcastle are now saying he's not sacked...money saved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Did he?

Mike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Unlucky son

If ever there was an "I told you so" moment.......
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    One thing I've learnt over the year is NEVER bet on City. No matter what. No one ever know what's gonna happen next with us.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

This forum keeps several bookies alive i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

CHD wrote: »

I was just thinking that, just about every so called tip/sure thing or great value bet that I've come accross here ends in failure.

Lao Lao wrote: »
    I was just thinking that, just about every so called tip/sure thing or great value bet that I've come accross here ends in failure.

I assume you've never backed a loser.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

Collie D wrote: »

I've backed plenty of losers, thankfully, I've backed more winners than losers though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 HeatLoad

Have just come across this thread and I know hindsight is a great tool but really, what an awful bet.:eek: At the time you placed the bet they were being backed by a very rich man and managed by one of the best young managers in the game. It defies logic. The only sure bet here is that the bookies love to see you coming:o

HeatLoad wrote: »
    Have just come across this thread and I know hindsight is a great tool but really, what an awful bet.:eek: At the time you placed the bet they were being backed by a very rich man and managed by one of the best young managers in the game. It defies logic. The only sure bet here is that the bookies love to see you coming:o

I think his point was he could lay it off at a much lower price than he backed it at, ensuring a free bet or a locked in profit.

Collie D wrote: »
    Of course i have.

Alot of the ''value'' or ''zomg get on this red hot tip'' or ''wow thats 10/1 and might happen thats like printing money'' selections on here are crazy IMO.

Thats what im getting at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Alot of the ''value'' or ''zomg get on this red hot tip'' or ''wow thats 10/1 and might happen thats like printing money'' selections on here are crazy IMO.

Thats what im getting at.

I don't think that anybody on this forum has described 10/1 shots as "printing money". If you don't understand value betting, more fool you, because in the long term, value betting is far more likely to turn a profit. Nobody can pick a winner every time, but if you can identify value everytime you pick a winner you'll be getting more than you should have got and therefore be more likely to turn a profit

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I don't think that anybody on this forum has described 10/1 shots as "printing money". If you don't understand value betting, more fool you, because in the long term, value betting is far more likely to turn a profit. Nobody can pick a winner every time, but if you can identify value everytime you pick a winner you'll be getting more than you should have got and therefore be more likely to turn a profit
    Its a slight exagerated example. I understand value betting and the tips and selections on here are amazingly bad alot of the time.

• Advertisement

Its a slight exagerated example. I understand value betting and the tips and selections on here are amazingly bad alot of the time.

a man who takes a tip from here without making up his own mind after checking form/stats or previous tips from poster has too much money....

if someone gets word or has an opinion about a horses chances then fair play to him for posting it here.....

its not imo anyones place to criticise them unless they have a proven track record with tips themselves....or if they smell a rat about someone posting bogus tips....

otherwise all info on here is just that, info that might help someone make up their mind about a particular race, match etc...

Yeah true but its still cack

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Well most posts here aren't necessarily saying it is a tip. A lot of times it's just people posting up what they've done to share it with others. It's up to others to decide for themselves that when someone puts up some actual analysis whether it is worth following or not.

Advertisement