Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

showers - pumped and manual

Options
  • 11-08-2008 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

okay, so I've got two problems.
    1. our ensuite shower has absolutley no cold water coming out of it, its one of those that come as standard in houses built within the last few years, just a knob thing on the wall that you pull out and turn left or right for the temperature. We have hot water only.

2. I think the pump has gone in our power shower (this is not an electric shower, its a pump as far as I know and needs to have the emmersion / Gas on for hot water supply) It makes a really loud noise like drilling when it goes on. Our pump is now hidden somewhere under our floorboards in our attic, which was converted lastyear and the builder never thought to make the pump available should this problem occur.

what can I do? we have a third shower in the attic, this is an electric shower. Is it possible to just get rid of the power shower and install a second electric shower????
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Dixy

1) Is the ensuite pumped aswell from the same pump? If not it is probably just an airlock on the hot side from the cylinder, the shower valve (probably a shires discus) is fairly bullet proof.
    2) Does the pump come on only for the shower or when you turn on a tap aswell?
    If its just the shower then yes you can blank off the hot pipe and just use an electric shower like a mira elite 2 in its place but it will require its own power direct from your esb supply board and running 2 of them showers from a standard board is close to the boards limit.

Advertisement