Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8.0MP USB Webcam with night vision - £5.99

Options
  • 11-08-2008 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭

I just thought I'd share this link with people as I figure it'd be a useful piece of kit for investigations, or could be down the line.

http://www.unbeatablegadgets.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=208

Unfortunately, I just found out they only deliver to the UK... so maybe those in Northern Ireland can take advantage of it?

Edit: Ouch, the P&P on this is a killer... I'm not getting it :|

It at least gives a reference to find it on eBay, I guess >.>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Stoner grabbed a few good NV webcams a while back, not sure what he paid etc but they delivered to the rep. so maybe he can let us know? .... oh, Stoner!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

yeah they were ok, about what you'd expect for the price, night vision for about 3-4M I could only get one going at a time, althought they are cheap you need a notebook to use at the same time.

I guess for a remote location you could use em and take advantage of the battery on the notebook. WRT to sound on some of them, the lead is very short so the sound from the HD is not great for the audio.

Might be useful as a cheapo DVR in a small room??????????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Just as a little update... on the subject of laptops, etc would a sub-notebook not work or is it not powerful enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

in short, I dont know. I dont have one of these so i dont know if the USB posts are juiced, but I'd imagine they do, gavins one has about 6 hour battery life, its great for him as it passes the time as he pretends to investigate the paranormal!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Well, you gotta do something during those long cold nights :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Stoner wrote: »
    in short, I dont know. I dont have one of these so i dont know if the USB posts are juiced, but I'd imagine they do, gavins one has about 6 hour battery life, its great for him as it passes the time as he pretends to investigate the paranormal!!!!:D

HEY!

Funny thing is that I found this post while searching google for nightvision webcams.

I've got an Asus Eee-Book 1000. It's a nice little thing... had to stick an extra gig of ram in it though to get it running smoothly.

Advertisement