Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Around The World

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Here are Decontrolled from Belgrade in Serbia. Their sound reminds me a bit of modern In Flames but with more synths and er.. rapping (only on some songs). Some of their song titles appeal to the inner nerd in me, for example "Alt+F4=Escape" or "Untitled.exe" :).

decontrolled.jpg

There seems to be a distinct lack of their videos on Youtube unfortunately. This was the only one I could find. It's a live recording so the sound is pretty bad. Their MySpace page is here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

last.fm really is brilliant isn't it?

This is Unshine. They are a Finnnish Gothic Metal band and have been active since 2000. Debut album, Earth Magick was released in 2005 and last year they released their second, The Enigma of Immortals. Draw a lot of their influences on folklore and mythology and consider themselves a Druid Metal act. Currently signed to Low Frequency/Crash Records and have two live performances coming up in Finland, 1 in April and another in June.

http://www.unshine.com/

http://www.myspace.com/unshine

24868_photo.jpg

(live)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 MicroCube

There are also lots of Metal Bands in the Philippines from old school heavy metal to progressive metal. Majority of Metal songs are written in english aswell.

SlapShock

Greyhoundz

Thanks MicroCube, some excellent bands there!

Time to update this thread I think :).

Here are Farshid Arabi from Tehran in Iran. They don't appear to have a MySpace page and their homepage is in Farsi (I assume) so it's a bit difficult to get information on them. Happily though the navgation menu on their site is in English so if you follow the Download link you'll see some audio samples available.

12.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement