Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mira Sport Shower

Options
  • 11-08-2008 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Not sure if this is the correct forum for this or not. I have an 8 year old mira sport shower. Being working a dream until recently. When on full power and temp gage at cold, its pumping out, boiling water. I have checked the filter for blockages and its a new shower head. is this a symptom the shower is bust?. I would expect if it was on the way out, that be cold water id be worrying about :) any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

tred wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Not sure if this is the correct forum for this or not. I have an 8 year old mira sport shower. Being working a dream until recently. When on full power and temp gage at cold, its pumping out, boiling water. I have checked the filter for blockages and its a new shower head. is this a symptom the shower is bust?. I would expect if it was on the way out, that be cold water id be worrying about :) any ideas?

I presume you say "temp gage at cold" you mean the temperature control?

from memory there's 2 ways which the myra sport showers regulate their temperature, both are used on conjunction with each other:-
    1) Regulate the flow of water over the elements (the higher the flow the lower the temperature)
    2) Depending on the temperature control setting it will enable one or both heating elements. IE on its highest setting will have both elements on.

What's the flow rate like coming from the shower? If it is low i would expect the temperature to be high. There should also be a thermal cut out on the heater tank inside which should kick in if it gets too hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

I presume you say "temp gage at cold" you mean the temperature control?

from memory there's 2 ways which the myra sport showers regulate their temperature, both are used on conjunction with each other:-
    1) Regulate the flow of water over the elements (the higher the flow the lower the temperature)
    2) Depending on the temperature control setting it will enable one or both heating elements. IE on its highest setting will have both elements on.

What's the flow rate like coming from the shower? If it is low i would expect the temperature to be high. There should also be a thermal cut out on the heater tank inside which should kick in if it gets too hot.

Flow is normal. Its coming from the mains, and i have good pressure from mains. Yeah when the temp control is at cold, the water is boiling. Normally this would be cold, and it would actually be even more powerfull than normal as it would be almost coming in direct from mains. I am concerned to invest in a new one, if this is fixable or if its a symptom of something else

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Have you downloaded the user manual / schematic from the internet?

you'll need someone who can use a multi meter and knows what they are doing to investigate, water + live electrics don't mix...

There's also lots of good shower repair websites from the uk, a browse of their forums will definitely throw up a few ideas too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

Have you downloaded the user manual / schematic from the internet?

you'll need someone who can use a multi meter and knows what they are doing to investigate, water + live electrics don't mix...

There's also lots of good shower repair websites from the uk, a browse of their forums will definitely throw up a few ideas too.

yep downloaded the schematic. Just wondering before I start going that route is there anything else that might be causing the problem. Is there anywhere else, apart from the wire filter where there mgiht be a blockage and one can easily clean out?

Advertisement