Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pussy

Options
  • 11-08-2008 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭

Right so long gone are the days when 'Pussy' ment cat and something a lil bit ruder that we as kids weren't sure what it was exactly. These days it only means vagina but in a supposed soft non treating way unlike cúnt unless it's being used as a sexist put down to say a bloke is weak.

So the meaning of words can shift and change but the things is some rebranding ideas are doomed to fail, so is this one ?

Ladies would any of you drink this ?

pussy-can.gif

http://www.pussydrinks.com/home.html
    Pussy is unique. It is made with a blend of fresh white grape juice from Southern Italy, pressed Mexican limes and lightly carbonated water. These are then mixed with Grenadilla and Lychee flavours, infused with six selected botanical herbs :

So is it a dafty marketing ploy or is it taking the sting out of the word or is it just another way of making sex and women a product ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'd buy just to be able to say "Some Pussy please"

OT Words evolve on their own, it's hard to take the stigma out of a word just by naming a product after it. See Nas & Kelis at the grammys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Niimo

LoL that drink would sell in clubs here.

"Hmm.. I think I'd like a wet pussy please, bartender"

"One vodka and pussy coming up mam"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Disco Stu

Was on the F-Word a couple weeks ago.... Graham Norton was doing a waiter sales pitch about it... very funny...

"Ladies, would you like to try some Pussy... I myself haven't tasted this in a long time but.... blah blah blah"

Think Gordon Ramsey almost choked on his food haha :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

If it came in a furry cup I'd drink it. bad packaging.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I know there's a joke about a hair in your drink somewhere here... Does it have a pleasant aroma? Would you have some in front of your mates? Should you offer to share in company? Is there a use by date? Is it matured?

All burning questions...

• Advertisement

I'd hope it didn't involve any burning...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

"Damn I love the taste of pussy"

"Coming for a quick pussy after work?"

"I love to crack open a cool, wet pussy in the mornings"

:pac:

"Honey, you know what would be great with this meatloaf? Some pussy. Could you get me some?"

"Honey, you shouldn't have pussy before breakfast."
    "Aw, but Mom!"

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

MarkR wrote: »
    I know there's a joke about a hair in your drink somewhere here... Does it have a pleasant aroma? Would you have some in front of your mates? Should you offer to share in company? Is there a use by date? Is it matured?

All burning questions...

That'll be the cystitis. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Nothing like a cold, wet pussy to cure a hangover :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Magpie!

cold pussy

Necrophilia forum that way
    > http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Personally i would rather the real deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

meh, pussy always makes me gassy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

Just remember to ALWAYS check the best before date on pussy before consumption.

Pussy past its sell by date has been known to cause serious health issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Dragan wrote: »
    Personally i would rather the real deal.
    Keep on believing Dragan and somebody you will achieve your dream. Fcuk the begrudgers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Bijoux

"Damn I love the taste of pussy"

"Coming for a quick pussy after work?"

"I love to crack open a cool, wet pussy in the mornings"

:pac:

:pac: class

THE definition of 'sex sells'...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

So are you supposed to finger it while you lap away?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I hate the word pussy. It makes me think of pus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Eugh... this thread is a little bit unsuitable no?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    Ah don't be such a pu... Kit...... prude!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Nice to see Graham Norton get a bit of pussy, I was wondering when he'd get tired of those Cadburys Caramel Canals:D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Really stupid name imo. Yes it'll attract a lot of initial attention, but the novelty will soon wear off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Lil Kitten wrote: »

I don't think the start of the thread is I do think a lot of the responses ( mostly from male posters) are very telling they like the idea of being able to buy 'pussy' or at least mock 'pussy' which is why the naming the drink that is demeaning imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I think it sounds delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I don't think the start of the thread is I do think a lot of the responses ( mostly from male posters) are very telling they like the idea of being able to buy 'pussy' or at least mock 'pussy' which is why the naming the drink that is demeaning imho.

ah come on now thaed, you can't start a thread with a title like that and expect anything but this kind of responses.
    Piste wrote: »
    it can be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

In all fairness Thae, this is simply too ridiculous a marketing stunt to really bother getting annoyed over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Piste wrote: »

And the herbal extracts in it are pretty good in it for what is meant to do, shame about the name tbh.
    Dragan wrote: »
    In all fairness Thae, this is simply too ridiculous a marketing stunt to really bother getting annoyed over?

I am not annoyed, that is over estimating my emotional involvement in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Zaph wrote: »
    Really stupid name imo. Yes it'll attract a lot of initial attention, but the novelty will soon wear off.

depends, if pussy actually tasted good it might get some more long lasting attention... would associate pussy as much in the cowardly sense as with vagina

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

That's what I meant, the responses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I wonder would it have the same effect on women if it was named 'Jizz' :pac:

Advertisement