Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pussy

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'd only buy it for other people. Hey could somebody please get this lad some pussy over here already.

I see you know the dota song challengemaster, do you play the game too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I'd only buy it for other people. Hey could somebody please get this lad some pussy over here already.

Which fosters the notion that sex or access to a woman's body can be bought.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Which fosters the notion that sex or access to a woman's body can be bought.

Well it can, so no problem there. Many girls also just play up to men to be bought drinks because they know men want them, actually even asking will you get me a drink. Win win for both sides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Ok, i laughed when i saw this thread!! i've a pet black cat(see attached), and dark hair. I'd regularly go out of a night with a picture of the cat as the wallpaper on my phone, spot a cute guy, walk up to him and ask him would he like to see my black pussy....cue of course a slightly shocked slightly smirky reaction.... a sly glance at my dark hair, and then some mental puttting 2+2..... then id show him the phone with the picture of the cat on it.... cue very 'im such a fool' reaction.

Always got a good laugh and was a great chat up line......now ruined by said drink!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Ok, i laughed when i saw this thread!! i've a pet black cat(see attached), and dark hair. I'd regularly go out of a night with a picture of the cat as the wallpaper on my phone, spot a cute guy, walk up to him and ask him would he like to see my black pussy....cue of course a slightly shocked slightly smirky reaction.... then id show him the phone with the picture of the cat on it.... cue very 'im such a fool' reaction.

Always got a good laugh and was a great chat up line......now ruined by said drink!!!

Has anyone by any chance ever asked to pet your pussy after you've done this? :D

• Advertisement

Oh believe me, its always been an interesting conversation starter!!

A bit like Mrs Slougham(sp?) in Are you being served!!

Oh trust me, I can certainly come up with a few lines at first thought.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

Id buy and consume it as long as it didnt smell of fish like the real thing.

Oh trust me, I can certainly come up with a few lines at first thought.. :D

you'll have fun when the drink hits the pubs so:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

A bit like Mrs Slougham(sp?) in Are you being served!!
    Bloody hell, you're either waaaaay older than you look or bravo is showing repeats again.:D
    sickpuppy wrote: »
    Id buy and consume it as long as it didnt smell of fish like the real thing.
    Maybe I'm wired funny but I never got the fish reference. Musky yes. In fact one of the nicest smells out there I would say.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Nicest smells, seriously? Jesus, wake up and smell the roses man. :D

Wibbs wrote: »
    Bloody hell, you're either waaaaay older than you look or bravo is showing repeats again.:D

I'm 26, so yes, it was a bit before my time originally, but its repeated on loads of the channels, and i freakin LOVE it!!

The Tv show i mean!!

I wouldn't advise sticking roses up there.. no matter how (t)horny! :pac:

lol manukahoney :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm 26, so yes, it was a bit before my time originally, but its repeated on loads of the channels, and i freakin LOVE it!!

The Tv show i mean!!

I frikkin' hated that show when it was on first, and it hasn't got better with age. I worry about the youth of today. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I don't think the start of the thread is I do think a lot of the responses ( mostly from male posters) are very telling they like the idea of being able to buy 'pussy' or at least mock 'pussy' which is why the naming the drink that is demeaning imho.

In fairness, Thaed, if it had been named "Dick" I suspect everyone would be making jokes too, and I don't think too many men would think of the word "demeaning" in connection with it.

Now, whether most of them would go into the pub and ask the barman for one ... :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Nicest smells, seriously? Jesus, wake up and smell the roses man. :D
    Yep. Very distinctive and well it revs my engine, I can tell you.
    Zaph wrote:
    I worry about the youth of today
    As do I Head, as do I.:D

In fairness, Thaed, if it had been named "Dick" I suspect everyone would be making jokes too, and I don't think too many men would think of the word "demeaning" in connection with it.
    Exactly.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

i sing in a choir..mostly older age bracket i have to say, but i like it, anyhow, we did a choral version of the owl and the pussycat once, really nice piece but the lyrics were hilarious and nobody could keep a straight face. At one stage the men had to sing:

"oh lovely pussy, o pussy my loooooove, what a beautiful pussy you are, you are, you are, what a beauuuuuuuutiful pussy you ARE....a beautiful pussy you are....

It took them months to get over the 'hilarity' of it all.

i don't think its demeaning at all, its just a bit of craic, using a pun thats been around for years, and if 50 and 60 and 70 year olds can find the pussy pun funny then i'd reckon tis pretty harmless!!

Wibbs: can we not hear about revving your engine? Next we'll be hearing about you blowing your head gasket and having oil leaks. :eek: :p

Wibbs wrote: »
    Yep. Very distinctive and well it revs my engine, I can tell you.
    Different strokes...

Guess other things just boil my potata. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Different strokes...

Guess other things just boil my potata. :-)

That sounds painful.:eek:

As for the nature this thread has supposedly taken, lets face it the only reason the thread was even made was because of the name of the drink being a euphemism, we've all just continued to exploit that euphemism. If the drink was called "Juice" then there wouldn't even be a thread about it in the first place.
    The irony to me is that the first image that popped into my head when reading this thread was Blofeld with a can in his lap, stroking it (THE CAN!!!:P) and gloating to Mr. Bond*:), not the more sordid version of the name's meaning that was clearly intended when the thread was created.

In fact surely the fact that for a certain word
    cúnt
    in Thaed's post she had to add a fáda to circumvent the profanity filter, while the word is actually relevant to her post and not just padding, surely makes it clear from the start that this thread was going to be "a little bit unsuitable"?

*ok so I have a rather abstract sense of humour at times but I think this is a slightly funny image.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I guess I expected this thread to go in a different direction this being the ladies lounge and not after hours, but it seems that mostly male posters are the ones interested in posting in this thread, which is intresting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

If i was 16 and wanted a bit of male attention i would probably walk around with it in my hand permanently.

I think the name is off putting and i am not sure who their marketing is directed at as it a rather feminine looking tin? If i liked it i would pour it into a glass and hide the tin.

Then again what has red bull got to do with bulls. There slogan is red bull gives you wings, bulls dont have wings, they have horns, wonder why this catch phrase didnt catch on ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Brings new meaning to the expression hair of the dog. The marketing possibilities are endless... fingerlickin good.... get your lips around... etc.

but as a serious answer I wouldnt drink it cos it sounds a bit ick (flavourwise) and not my thing. Also holding a can of that in my hand where I work would be just asking for trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Meh people get too worked up about these things. I think it's a stupid name for a drink, but it certainly isn't demeaning to women, and most of the jokes in this thread have actually been funny.

The drink sounds nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'd give it a try anyway, hell I've ordered the Pussy cocktail in the Front Lounge a few times, including when not even heavily drunk!

edit: 6000th post \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

simply put ..... EEEWWWWWWWE

WHATS NEXT A DRINK CALLED WILLY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Niimo

Now, whether most of them would go into the pub and ask the barman for one ... :pac:

There is a parody commercial that was played on the radio here in the 90's I think, this topic reminded me.

It's for a drink called "Dicken's Cider"

And for femmie parts that smell like fish, someone isn't taking very good care of herself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

So is it a dafty marketing ploy or is it taking the sting out of the word or is it just another way of making sex and women a product ?

I don't really see much sting in that word when it's used to describe genitalia. It's really only got sting when people use it to emasculate a man. I do think it's being used to make sex (and women) a bit of a product, but mostly it just seems like shock value. The drink itself probably tastes more like ass than anything, or they wouldn't need to rely on a gimmick to move product.

I wonder how reactions to the drink would differ if it were called "dick" or "cock"?

Advertisement