Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick to Kilkee

Options
  • 11-08-2008 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Ok so I am planning ahead but I need to know the best way of getting to Kilkee.

I am heading to Kilkee in September and I dont want to drive down as I fear I will still be quite inebriated coming back the next day, so is getting the bus probably the best way of getting down there?

Does the bus run regularly I spose is the question, I tried looking in work , but for some reason buseireann is blocked which is weird.

Also how much would a taxi set me back to get out there as alternative lets say?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

Basically you get the bus to ennis and then get the bus from ennis to kilkee... runs regularly enough

€23.40 return

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Cheers Cronin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

there might be special coaches running for this, enquire in empire IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Here are the times for the bus - you have to change in Ennis for most of these:

Depart Limerick Bus Station at 9:35, arrive Kilkee 11:35
    Depart Limerick Bus Station at 14:25, arrive Kilkee 16:35
    Depart Limerick Bus Station at 17:35, arrive Kilkee 19:35
    Depart Limerick Bus Station at 19:25, arrive Kilkee 22:30

On a separate note, if you need to book accommodation, you'd want to get that sorted as I know it all booked up very quickly last year.

Accomodation is grand, I have that all sorted just needed to know the best way of getting there.

• Advertisement

Hello All.

Can anyone tell me where the bus stops in Kilkee?

Rgds

Will

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

It stops on Grattan street - that's the street that goes from O'Connell Street towards the Ocean Cove/golf cub direction. The stop is outside what used to be Kett's bar, but it's closed down for years now. You'll only be 5 minutes from the venue and almost right in the town centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Here are the times for the bus - you have to change in Ennis for most of these:

Depart Limerick Bus Station at 9:35, arrive Kilkee 11:35
    Depart Limerick Bus Station at 14:25, arrive Kilkee 16:35
    Depart Limerick Bus Station at 17:35, arrive Kilkee 19:35
    Depart Limerick Bus Station at 19:25, arrive Kilkee 22:30

On a separate note, if you need to book accommodation, you'd want to get that sorted as I know it all booked up very quickly last year.

2 hours to get to Kilkee:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

You could cycle - head out the N69 along the Dock Road, past Kildimo, Askeaton, Foynes, Glin, take the ferry at Tarbert, go through Kilrush, then onwards to Kilkee. You could do it in 5 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

ninty9er wrote: »
    2 hours to get to Kilkee:eek::eek:

I spent ~3Hrs on a bus from Limerick to Lahinch one Sat. about 10 years ago.

- I'll never forget the sinking feeling after 2Hrs or so when the Driver indicated right and detoured into the bogs to collect two auld biddies [his great aunties?]

Arrived a broken man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Guys, by all means feel free to talk about getting to sunny Kilkee. Just please don't mention WHY. The event there is managed by MCD. Thanks.

Advertisement