Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The prison

• 11-08-2008 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭

I've finished the missions, so was messing around the other day in a helicopter. I landed in the prison, and noticed that the place is populated with inmates, guards etc.

Have I missed a mission in the prison or something? It seems odd that they created that environment without there being some kind of jailbreak mission. I'm only about 70% complete overall, haven't really bothered with all the achievements etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,146 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I'm guessing they created it thinking it'd be used for missions etc, like breaking somebody out of prison would have been class. Obviously the idea was shelved. I'd expect them to make use of it in the downloadable content.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭spav

I'm guessing they created it thinking it'd be used for missions etc, like breaking somebody out of prison would have been class. Obviously the idea was shelved. I'd expect them to make use of it in the downloadable content.

Is there downloaded content coming for the PS3? I've just tried to google it, but all I got were teenage idiots arguing about why the Xbox is better / worse than the PS3 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

spav wrote: »
    Is there downloaded content coming for the PS3? I've just tried to google it, but all I got were teenage idiots arguing about why the Xbox is better / worse than the PS3 :)

No, only for the 360 unfortunately (for ps3 owners anyway!)

No, only for the 360 unfortunately (for ps3 owners anyway!)

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Oh, and OMG XBOX SUX! etc. etc. ;)

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Oh, and OMG XBOX SUX! etc. etc. ;)

Ha! to be honest i don't reckon ps3 owners are gonna be missing out on much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

I reckon you'll be
    breaking one of the McRearys out of prison
    in the DLC

I reckon you'll be
    in the DLC

Yep, that's one of the missions I was waiting for, though it was being set up around the time of the 3rd island being unlocked.

It would make sense, as
    the McReary's were still friendly as the story ended.
    . Plus, I thought that there must be some kind of mission linked to the Gruppe Four vans.

I reckon you'll be
    in the DLC

That would be cool!

I don't know if it's true but i read somewhere that the dlc will just be online modes and maybe some co-op action....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Yeah breaking out
    Gerry
    might be ideal. Hey, Mountain Lips, do you know I cancelled my gold membership?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Yep, that's one of the missions I was waiting for, though it was being set up around the time of the 3rd island being unlocked.

It would make sense, as
    the McReary's were still friendly as the story ended.
    . Plus, I thought that there must be some kind of mission linked to the Gruppe Four vans.

Wasn't it Gruppe Sechs? hehehe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Will there ever be downloadable stuff for the ps3 gta?

Maybe, nobody ruled out the possibility of it.

Nailz wrote: »
    do you know I cancelled my gold membership?

Why you do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

As far as I remember the only reason you go to the prison is to get jobs from Gerry but as the level of detail is so great I would expect there to be more to do with it when the DLC comes out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,210 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

It can be played as a multiplayer map, that may be the reason for the detail.

Really?? How?

When you're host, cycle through the maps and it's there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭steo87

When your in the prison, have a look at the walls.....The guards have hilarious names:

Phil McRevice
    Seymour Fannie
    Isaac Hunt
    Richard Head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭BazMcG

I wouldn't bother trying to steal cars near the prison or shooting anyone, i keep getting spotted by guards and end up being chased by about 20 guards / cops..

I wanna try and snipe out all the guards from a high place then ring your one to get the cops off me arse, then try and enter.

• Advertisement

I wanna try and snipe out all the guards from a high place then ring your one to get the cops off me arse, then try and enter.

You can fly into the prison if you nick a helicopter. No one bats an eye lid, strangely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭BazMcG

I parked a big van and a car by the wall and climbed in. I did it stealthy but then realised once you get in or even try the guards dont do anything.. Kinda crappy

Probably never expected anybody to break in, I wonder if you tryed it via helicopter...

You can fly into the prison if you nick a helicopter. No one bats an eye lid, strangely.
    Probably never expected anybody to break in, I wonder if you tryed it via helicopter...
    I landed (badly) in the prison too and nothing happened. Not even a star.

I suppose they want you to explore the place, but in all fairness, that's a bit shìt!

Advertisement