Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACE in Landrover Discovery II

• 11-08-2008 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

I have just replaced to corroded pipes feeding the ACE ram on the back of my Discovery and now I have to bleed it. Has anybody any experience in how to bleed this system as there are no bleed screws obvious and there is nothing to pump etc..
    Any advice would be really appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I have just replaced to corroded pipes feeding the ACE ram on the back of my Discovery and now I have to bleed it. Has anybody any experience in how to bleed this system as there are no bleed screws obvious and there is nothing to pump etc..
    Any advice would be really appreciated.
    They say everyday is a school day..

Never heard of this til i read your post. While using google I found this site.

http://forum.landrovernet.com/showthread.php?p=1078137

Would seem all you need to do is give it some hard cornering... but somewhere safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ploughbynight

Thanks Slideways. I came across that website you highlightedand I have seen numerous article ranging from the rough road treatment to recallibration by main dealer. Just got the two pipes from main dealer (newgate motors and afer paying fro them up front) Wrong pipes! €200 plus €50 for fluid.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ploughbynight

Just to let you know that I have replaced the corroded pipes on the ACE on my Discovery and ensured that the pipes were full of fluid when I put them on (with great difficulty). I tightened the bajo bolts and bits and bobs and started up and drove up and down a rough lane for a while and topped up the reservoir, drove over the weekend and topped up another 2 occassions and everything is perfect now. Landrover dealer said I would need to get it bled wit the "testbook" it would take 2 hours at €185/hour.
    Bottom line is I have no warning lights and it handles like it should.

Advertisement