Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

please help with 2 questions

Options
  • 11-08-2008 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

please help with 2 questions from the official driver theory test book. i can't understand on page 67 last 2 questions:

*** why i must allow the tractor to proceed ????
    i would say i must allow the blue truck to turn or i may proceed last, because he is on my left hand and i am on road with minor importance :(

*** why i must allow the blue truck to proceed ????

i would say i must allow the tractor to proceed, because he is on my left hand and roads with equal importance :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

crown1 wrote: »
    please help with 2 questions from the official driver theory test book. i can't understand on page 67 last 2 questions:

*** why i must allow the tractor to proceed ????
    i would say i must allow the blue truck to turn or i may proceed last, because he is on my left hand and i am on road with minor importance :(

*** why i must allow the blue truck to proceed ????

i would say i must allow the tractor to proceed, because he is on my left hand and roads with equal importance :(
    1. Look at the roadsign! Four black lines of equal width.

You are approaching a crossroads with roads of equal importance, therefore you must give way to traffic on your right. A truck is on your left - a tractor on your right - give way to the tractor. (The truck must give way to you as you are on its right).

2. The same scenario but the vehicles are reversed - give way to the truck (the tractor must give way to you).

In reality, junctions with roads of equal importance are getting rare. Most local authorities stick a stop/yield on one side or the other.

Good luck in the test. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 crown1

1. Look at the roadsign! Four black lines of equal width.

You are approaching a crossroads with roads of equal importance, therefore you must give way to traffic on your right. A truck is on your left - a tractor on your right - give way to the tractor. (The truck must give way to you as you are on its right).

2. The same scenario but the vehicles are reversed - give way to the truck (the tractor must give way to you).

In reality, junctions with roads of equal importance are getting rare. Most local authorities stick a stop/yield on one side or the other.

Good luck in the test. :)

Thank You very much :)
    only in 1.question when i look in my book the roadsign looks more like i have road with minor importance :D ohh these small pictures :rolleyes:

But why i must give way to traffic on my right ?? That mean - on roads with equal importance works driving like on roundabout ??
    because on other roads i must give way to traffic on my left

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

crown1 wrote: »
    That mean - on roads with equal importance works driving like on roundabout ?
    Precisely! :) (See Rules of the Road page 99 - 'Right of Way')

crown1 wrote:
    because on other roads i must give way to traffic on my left
    Not sure I know what you mean by giving way to traffic on your left. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 crown1

Precisely! :) (See Rules of the Road page 99 - 'Right of Way')

Not sure I know what you mean by giving way to traffic on your left. :confused:

Thanks! i'll try to understand Rules of the Road page 99 - 'Right of Way' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭galwaygirl08

When do you give way to traffic on your left? :confused::confused:

Just remember, for roundabouts and junctions where the roads are of equal importance, the traffic on your right has right of way. SIMPLE :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement