Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replicas

• 11-08-2008 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Saw this the last day when ordering a few cheap props, 55 euro for a full metal MP40 - there's some ABS but only where the original used bakelite, so it's very realistic. Not quite as heavy as the real model, but close, at over 3kg. As a bonus, should you actually want to shoot it, it's actually quite powerful at 290fps....But for 55 euro this is an excellent prop/wall hanger. The site, if you look, also has plastic 1:1 scale MP40's for a mere 6 euro, they look OK but obviously only weigh 6-700g....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭motherfunker

I have one of these, firing on full auto is as good a feeling as you would expect. You can get everything from thompsons to mg42's and stick grenades to panzerfausts. Most are pretty dear except the mp40 and thompson. These are what we use in the ww2 airsoft team.
    €55 is a very good price, it might be the single shot version though.
    Check out the airsoft thread on boards.ie for more info on these guns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭motherfunker

This is the single shot version.
    Full auto costs about €140.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,539 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Are you buying any of the stuff from the site? I'd be interested to see if any of it arrives. Cheaper than any replicas I've seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I bought a good few things. All arrived no hassle. I mean yeah sure the 55 euro MP40 is only spring powered but I'd buy it purely to hang it on the wall, not to actually shoot it. I bought a spring powered AK-47 with folding stock for 29 for that very purpose, very realistic looking for the price. I plan on getting the MP40 at some stage when I need a few bits and pieces too. Postage is very reasonable - was only 30 euro to Ireland via DHL with several guns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,539 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Sounds good, will buy the ak if it comes recommended; Might get one to prop up behind me wen I'm making one of my videos to the American pigdogs :D.

• Advertisement
Advertisement