Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the forum

• 11-08-2008 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

where exactly is this in the city?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Its in de Glen boy. If your coming over the bridge go straight on, take the 2nd left and you'll be there in no time.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Here's a map and all for you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

i find its the best club in waterford, the crowd are generally relaxed,unlike the sence of tension u get when entering some places and it doesnt play the nauseating chart music

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

magick wrote: »
    i find its the best club in waterford, the crowd are generally relaxed,unlike the sence of tension u get when entering some places and it doesnt play the nauseating chart music

+1 its really a great place to go on a saturday night!!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

dazftw wrote: »
    +1 its really a great place to go on a saturday night!!

+2 , and it away form all the other "clubs" which seriously isnt a bad thing :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

exactly, in fact i think because its far enough away from the main stream clubs in waterford it doesnt attract the "confrontational crowd" you know the ones im talking about......when ur in a club and the planets align and some girl/fella comes up and says "wtf are u lookin at me gurl/fella, illlll buuust yar head in boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" (yes you really have to enlongate the "boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii").

All in all i think its an unconventional club and thats where its attraction is.
    On a side note the abandoned house opposite the Aldi used to be where i lived in the 80s

(i fear the day they knock it, the amount of rats that are going to come out of that ruin!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

I don't know, i have to disagree.. im not disagreeing just for the hell of it...

I used to Love going to the Forum, it used to be really good craic and great music, but lately when i go there all i see is little kids that cant handle their drink stamping around looking for attention off everyone.. so i head out to the smoking area to get away from it and its just the same out there.. its like a room full of people who think they are the first person ever to get drunk.. i dunno maybe im getting old but i know some of the bouncers up there and even they have said that lately its like working in a creche :( going downhill!!

I will agree theres alot of underage kids in there more so girls.. I know to see a few of them around town... about 16 - 17

Still a good laugh though most of the time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

The forum is better than any club in town. Especially for the crowd that go there. Pity bout the bouncers and the same setlist being played every week tho :p the loft in electric av had the most decent music you could ask for in this town.hope another house club is opened soon :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I enjoy the forum but its full of underagers. Its insulting that I, at 21, gets asked for ID yet these kids are taking over the place!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

At 21 you are a child yourself :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    At 21 you are a child yourself :)

Shut up old man. :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sully wrote: »
    I enjoy the forum but its full of underagers. Its insulting that I, at 21, gets asked for ID yet these kids are taking over the place!!

Anyone 21 or below should be banned from pubs/clubs anyway :p
    :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

maybe you just look a bit suspect, ha ha. nah seriously, the last few times i was in the forum i felt a bit auld meself. it seems a lot of the crowd that used to be in the forum are heading to electric avenue these days.
    still, either club is better than the shite tweedy has on offer further down the town

Cabaal wrote: »
    Anyone 21 or below should be banned from pubs/clubs anyway :p
    :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Only a few months and ill break that limit :p

Anyway, im not a club person. I prefer pubs.

longshanks wrote: »
    maybe you just look a bit suspect, ha ha. nah seriously, the last few times i was in the forum i felt a bit auld meself. it seems a lot of the crowd that used to be in the forum are heading to electric avenue these days.
    still, either club is better than the shite tweedy has on offer further down the town

Maybe so! Must ask, but bouncers these days would nearly floor ya for answering such a question!

I find that Electric Avenue is simply to noisy, unlike the forum where its an even balance. Iv a hearing difficulty as it is and such environments make it even harder to hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

longshanks wrote: »

Aye, at 23 I hit the older groups in the forum (which is sad...) but electric avenue is way too close to the 'bermuda triangle' (rubys, muldoons etc.) for my liking.

Stepping out of a pub into John St is like jumping into a pool that someone's pissed in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

KingLoser wrote: »

Stepping out of a pub into John St is like jumping into a pool that someone's pissed in.

thats the best description i think i've ever heard of that neck o the woods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

im surprised this thread isnt closed coz yer man found out where the forum is...... :P:P:P:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Well I'd be a fan of the forum myself but last week a buddy of mine got a smack of a bottle in there (Stitches involved). I wasnt there at the time so I cant say if he was acting the bollox and brought it on himself or not but he's generally a very quiet lad.

Not something I would have associated with the forum before, I always found it more relaxed and quieter than the other pubs by a long shot :(

• Advertisement

wow im a year younger than you :eek: thats madness I always thought you were older! at 1st I always got asked for id.. then.. I grew a man beard :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

dazftw wrote: »
    wow im a year younger than you :eek: thats madness I always thought you were older! at 1st I always got asked for id.. then.. I grew a man beard :pac:

Thats just cause Sully looks like he should be in Rubys :P Music in the Forum is louder then in EA. Though I don't see the point of a bar that blasts music. If I go to a late bar instead of a club it's cause i generally want to continue a chat or something like that.

ec18 banned for personal abuse. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Sully infracted for abusing his moderating powers. :rolleyes:

Advertisement