Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farscape : The Ultimate Complete Collection [See thread]

• 11-08-2008 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Link here. 42 disc set.

51%2BSvN4QHlL._SS500_.jpg
    DVD Description
    The fantastic Farscape universe is available as a complete four season box set for the very first time on DVD! Five years ago, astronaut John Crichton (Ben Browder) attempted to use the Earth's atmosphere to propel his ship, Farscape 1, at great speeds across the solar system. He went much further though and was sucked down a wormhole to a distant part of the galaxy and into the middle of a battle. He was rescued by a group of escaping prisoners and taken aboard their ship, a living ship known as Moya... Imaginative, daring and fun, the award-winning Farscape blows other Sci-Fi shows out of the water!

Run Time: 75 hours approx

Synopsis
    FARSCAPE is the story of a band of misfit renegades on the run from military Peacekeepers. The hero of the series is the human John Crichton (Ben Browder), a young astronaut and astrophysicist who becomes stranded on the other side of the universe when his Farscape module goes through a wormhole. There, he is taken in by the sentient ship Moya, where he finds himself in the midst of a battle between the militaristic 'Peacekeepers' and a small band of prisoners who are escaping their grasp. He chooses to team with the escapees--a Luxan warrior (Anthony Simcoe), a deposed Hynerian ruler who strongly resembles a frog (voiced by Jonathan Hardy), a shunned Peacekeeper pilot (Claudia Black), and others whom they pick up along the way--as they run from the Peacekeepers, explore space, and try to find Crichton a way back to Earth. Contains series 1 to 4 of FARSCAPE and the PEACEKEEPERS WARS mini-series.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Wow, absolute bargain. Considering it retailed for something like £80 per season originally.

• Moderators Posts: 51,860 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Just after ordering it. Been wanting to get into farscape for ages but it just cost too much. This boxset is over €300 anywhere else I've seen it.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

Is this worth getting? I'm looking for my next TV series..........
    Just finished house and before that sopranos.

What Sci-Fi would this be like? Star trek?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭savemejebus

What Sci-Fi would this be like? Star trek?

Like star trek mixed with buck roger on acid!

Just an example in one ep the crew are offered maps that they all need by a mad scientist but there's a catch, in return they'd have to cut off a crewmembers arm and give it to the scientist

Now in star trek they'd humm and haw and find a workaround right?

In farscape they whipped out a sword and held the dude down :pac:

My absolute favourite Sci-Fi of all time. Such a shame it was cut down it its prime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I took my username from the show. Best sci-fi in my opinion. Only the new BSG has come close I've found and the ride has been nowhere near as crazy. The first season is a bit weak though and looks very dated. If you find yourself getting a bit bored, I'd advise sticking around until the last 4 episodes as that's where the payoff is (and where the arc for the remaining seasons kicks off).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Bump, still at the same price in case anyone missed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

42 dvds into 75 hours works how? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭Dogre

Luckily I ordered when they were still £105. The price has now risen to £136.97.

42 dvds into 75 hours would be approximately 1.85 hours per dvd; sounds like 2 episodes per dvd.

• Moderators Posts: 51,860 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Boxset arrived yesterday. Watched a couple of episodes, really like it.
    Thanks again Ruu.:)

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

It gets better ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 robulus

Awww drat. I leave boards for a couple of days, miss this notice and then by the time I get back it's gone up to £224.98. (ex postage).

Does anyone know of anywhere else you can get it at the bargain price? Or whether these kind of bargains come around again?
    Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Next cheapest is £166.89 at Sendit.com (free delivery). Link here.

Cheers Ruu 8-)
    I'm still kicking myself about missing it. Sendit does have the complete set for the cheapest I can find. But more interestingly just buying the individual complete seasons from them saves quite a bit:

It's about 110 Euro to get:
    Farscape - Season 1 [Box Set]
    Farscape - Season 2 [Box Set]
    Farscape - Season 3 [Box Set]
    Farscape - The Peacekeeper Wars: The Complete Mini-Series

No season 4 listed there, but as I looked around I seem to find 2 different releases of the series, for example:
    http://www.cdwow.ie/Farscape-The-Complete-Season-4-Box-Set-10-Disc/product/view/22186
    and
    http://www.buy.com/prod/farscape-complete-season-one/q/loc/322/40171704.html

With 2 sets of complete seasons I'm just trying to figure out is there much of a difference between the two releases?? Anyone know anything about this?

Cheers again, and hello to all the 'scapers out there! 8-)

and a quick edit:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FARSCAPE-The-COMPLETE-Seasons-Series-PKW-NEW-DVD-R2-4_W0QQitemZ200244361072QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

5 new copies are available for £125 from Amazon sellers:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B000GY75JE/ref=dp_olp_2/202-0423617-6188620

although they are region 4, multi-region or region free DVD players required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Deacon Blues

Package eventually arrived this morning. Went out of stock, and then price went up to £224, but I paid the £105 from the original post.

THANKS RUU !!!!

Excellent bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Damnit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭rgfuller

robulus wrote: »
    Cheers Ruu 8-)
    I'm still kicking myself about missing it. Sendit does have the complete set for the cheapest I can find. But more interestingly just buying the individual complete seasons from them saves quite a bit:

It's about 110 Euro to get:
    Farscape - Season 1 [Box Set]
    Farscape - Season 2 [Box Set]
    Farscape - Season 3 [Box Set]
    Farscape - The Peacekeeper Wars: The Complete Mini-Series

No season 4 listed there, but as I looked around I seem to find 2 different releases of the series, for example:

Sendit.com now have the 4th season listed, all are ship in 72-96 hours.
    Total for the 4 x season box sets with the 1 x wars box set is €145.95 which includes delivery of course, not a bad price imho.

...and now I've finally got a copy - mwaaahahahahaaaa... <insane laughter>
    thanks for the post!! - Next, Due South!

Advertisement