Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best network/phone for business

• 11-08-2008 2:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi

I need to get a new phone for business use.
    Would it be better to get a business account or should i just get one on personal terms and conditions.
    Im currently with o2 speakeasy,who would be the cheapest or offering the best deals,as far as i can see maybe o2 clear?

Any advice would be great,thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Son wrote: »
    Hi

I need to get a new phone for business use.
    Would it be better to get a business account or should i just get one on personal terms and conditions.
    Im currently with o2 speakeasy,who would be the cheapest or offering the best deals,as far as i can see maybe o2 clear?

Any advice would be great,thanks.

I had a look at this about six months back and to be honest, if you are only looking for one or two phones, it is just as cheap to get a private contract. the business rates look cheaper, but they don't include VAT.

I also decided there wasn't a lot in it, so i went with meteor because the Vodafone and O2 signal is rubbish in my house. I also went for the meteor Mail which seemed a cheaper option than a Blackberry.

It may have all changed now, but that was my decision anyway. I did end up thinking that they were all much of a muchness though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

Its just one phone for myself.I missed the vat,sneaky :rolleyes:
    I suppose i should just go for the cheapest network then?
    I don't know if there are any other advantages of getting a business account over a personal one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Son wrote: »
    Its just one phone for myself.I missed the vat,sneaky :rolleyes:
    I suppose i should just go for the cheapest network then?
    I don't know if there are any other advantages of getting a business account over a personal one!

I couldn't see any, there may be better customer care, or maybe a different billing set up, but it all looked pretty much like a personal contract to me.

it was also harder to set up a business account, they want more information than for a private one.

I just claim my bill back on expenses and claim the VAT back through the company (So it still saves me money :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

Good stuff,thanks for the info!!!

Advertisement