Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S&W 686

Options
  • 11-08-2008 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

Any opinions on the above for target shooting? Had a look at one in Duffy's recently and loved the weight / feel / look. Felt just perfect in my hands, well balanced etc. Would definitely prefer a revolver over an auto any day.

http://www.shoot.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&manufacturers_id=46&products_id=128

One question also: as a .357 mag it will also fire .38 specials, does anyone know the legal side of this, ie. buying two different types of ammo for the one gun? Or would you have to choose which one to put on the license and just buy that for good? :confused: Odd. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

i have bought one,yet to have it in my hand but a tru sporting targets revolver, its also a 357 but i'll be putting 38 tru it as the range won't allow 357cal there seems no prop in buying 38s for a 357 ....but legaly ??

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭freddieot

AFAIK you should describe the calibre as 357 \ 38 Spl in the application to the FO and explain that the revolver takes both calibres of ammo without any barrel change. Then he will issue the cert with both calibres mentioned on it. Then you can use either.

Otherwise, if you only apply for one calibre, that's all you can possess !! It might caue some confusion when you apply, but better then than later.

Advertisement