Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petrol stations with working air pumps

Options
  • 11-08-2008 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

I had a flat tyre recently and discovered that there are very few petrol stations with working air pumps these days. The only one I found was the Amber station on kilmallock road (after trying the raheen area, & dock road & childers road areas with no success). Maybe people can list off some others that they know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

All the Petrol stations around where I live had no working Air on several
    different occasions when I've looked.

I have seen some stations if I recall correctly start to Charge for Air and water now.
    Something to do with paying for the maintenance of the equipment maybe?

I dont drive, I've only got a bi-cycle so it was very annoying for me when I had a flat
    and it was raining heavy one of the evenings. I use tire Slime which is very good.
    Had glass/thorns/thumbtacks do into my tyres and the green gunky tire slime as always
    sealed the leak. I've yet to put an actual patch on my wheel!!

I think they have a form of tire slime for Car wheels too, some shops sell a canister
    of the stuff which inflates the tire and inserts a sealer too at the same time which is handy
    if your in a tight spot.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Old cork road just beyond st endas school think its amber has one used it today!
    Also topaz former statoil on the dock road has one used it recently damn slow punture!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luder

Chawkes on the dublin road...
    Topaz (beside gaelic grounds)
    Topaz (statoil doc road)

they were all working not so long ago..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭Hooked

Maxol on the Dublin Road between the Parkway and Frank Hogans.

I think its a Maxol on the end of the Monaleed Road. You know - in around the back of Morrisons Bar on the Old Tipp road, heading in the direction of Annacotty.

And I'm pretty sure the Texaco at the Fairgreen (old Jennings garage) has one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

The one at Chawkes is good - I always use it. It's electronic so you just press the button to input the correct PSI for your car, and it beeps when the tyre is inflated to the right pressure. Never seen it out of order.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 canned

Maxol (?) in Raheen has one (this is the old Tom Kilroy peugeot car sales site) but you have to pay for it.

Texaco in Raheen has a free one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

canned wrote: »
    Maxol (?) in Raheen has one (this is the old Tom Kilroy peugeot car sales site) but you have to pay for it.

all those jokes of having to pay for air in the future have come true!! i know they have to maintain the equipment but for F**K's sake are they not making enough money from the petrol, fags, roadmaps, breakfast rolls, car washes, oil, newspapers and now air!! when will it end!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Hansel

canned wrote: »

Texaco in Raheen has a free one.
    Broken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Caped Crusader

Stab*City wrote: »
    all those jokes of having to pay for air in the future have come true!! i know they have to maintain the equipment but for F**K's sake are they not making enough money from the petrol, fags, roadmaps, breakfast rolls, car washes, oil, newspapers and now air!! when will it end!!!!
    You don't have to pay for it. Just ask the staff for a voucher that turns it on

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sparkman

Get an air-pump in Argos for about 25 euro. Works on bikes, cars, etc. Plugs into the cig lighter. Built in flash light. Pays for itself out of sheer handiness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

Chalkes has the best pump ever. One writes teh correct pressure into teh machine and put the nozzle and the machine put the right pressure into the tyre, it is brilliant.....I don't own/work in Chalkes btw

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

+1 for Chawkes.

O'Brien Kelly's (Formerly Mace and Esso) on the Ennis Road also has one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

topaz beside the regional hospital have a working one... when you say you checked the raheen area, is that only one of the three stations you popped into?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Stab*City wrote: »

Making people pay for it makes people respect it.
    I see so many people just throw it on the ground when finished and then others start driving over it.

Station owners are dead right to charge for it if they are getting broken constantly

Fyi, shops make feck all money on cigarettes and newspapers. They are realy only there to get people into the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Only one of the Petrol stations on the Dock Road has a working air pump. I live near there and make a point of only refuelling in stations that provide air. Can't remember the name of the station with air though.

Advertisement