Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeal :(

Options
  • 11-08-2008 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

I just knocked my vintage Stay Puff Marshmellow man figure out the 3rd floor window of my office. I ran straight down to get it but was toldd no one saw it but a group of girls had just walked up the road laughing. I walked up to Dame Street but no sign of it in the crowd .... I am very sad.

So, did anyone see it? If any of you get told a funny story about how a friend found a Stay Puff Marshmellow man on Crow Street would you try get it back to me?

I bought it a while back to give to my son (6th junior) when he gets older :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Awh sh*t 6th, that sucks.

Best of luck finding it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭comer_97

that sucks! I'll keep my ear to the ground!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

For the record this is it:

7cy8cv8r9q6ixay6sdwa.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

stay-puft-marshmallow-man.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

6th if you dont get it back you should try forbidden planet on the quays for a replacement

• Advertisement

Yeah I've bid on one on ebay but its hard to get one without marks etc. I'll try FP if ebay fails me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I know how this fell out. You were leaning out the window to ogle the girl who lives across the street again, weren't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I know how this fell out. You were leaning out the window to ogle the girl who lives across the street again, weren't you?

The dirty married fupper.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

DubArk wrote: »
    As usual it’s the same old trolls spouting out the same old nasty remarks…. And then thanking each other as if they achieved something by been rude??? :rolleyes:

OLD trolls?
    You frigging dont even know what a troll is, so take yer back seat modding and shove it buddy.

How much does this fellow cost on the open market 6th?
    Michelin could have done a runner with him and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

FFS stop dragging the thread off topic! Your (plural) comments about how other people are dragging the thread off topic are just as annoying as the orginal off topic posts.

AND YES, I'm aware this post is off-topic as well. But jaysus lads, report the post and grow out of the "but he started it" shyte. If you ignore them, they'll go away.

6th, bad deal man, I'm pretty attached to my stuff. I'm in the states soon, if I see one I'll pick one up for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Best of luck getting a replacement, 6th. Although I really hope you get the original one back. You never know - that kind of thing can happen. There are some very decent folk out there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Lads you both know where the thunderdrome is.

6th bummer about your stay puff marshmellow man figure, doubt you will get it back.
    Good luck on getting a replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

StayPuftMarshmallowMan.png

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

Janey, this is an example of how childish a thread can get in a very short time! :rolleyes:

6th, that sucks. i'm sure you'll find a replacement though. Are you sure he didn't jump?!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If you've nothing to contribute, stay out of the thread.

tks.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

OLD trolls?
    You frigging dont even know what a troll is, so take yer back seat modding and shove it buddy.

How much does this fellow cost on the open market 6th?
    Michelin could have done a runner with him and all.

Speak when your spoken too!!! :confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

DubArk wrote: »
    Speak when your spoken too!!! :confused:

I think I can see what you are saying, somehow, through the hilarious grammar.

When I attain this rank of "Spoken too" which is presumably some sort of Russian military position, then I may speak out about your lack of contribution, backseat modding, general wrongness and inability to non-hilariously attempt to construct a sentence?
    Cool.
    I'll get right on that.

Hey 6th, and again apologies for all this off thread nonsense:
    Was it the original one? Released to come into line with the original cartoon? From the mid eighties? Most of them there on sale on e-bay for not much money at all. Kind of a shame really. Why is eighties memoribilia not worth more?
    Wish I had one now.

Seems you had the little fella for 13 months. Unlucky for some.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/monkeyfudge/760788266/

13 months is right, bought it when 6th jnr was born.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Ah sorry for your loss 6th - i had a similar panic yesterday when my paragoomba figure disappeared but he was recovered safe and well!

• Advertisement

Someone nicked a bunch of Zelda figures from my office one time. Bastards.

Still have my Mojo Jojo and vast collection of Kinder Egg toys though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

You will receive a marshmellow finger in the post. Follow the instructions and be there with the ransom and no harm will come of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭tk123

You know I never realised until today that I need one of these!! :D He's the perfect companion to this guy :pac:

No... he's the perfect companion to this:

41RAB2MTBJL._SS400_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

Best of luck with the bidding on Ebay 6th! Let us know how you get on. So sad :(

Advertisement