Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Automatic Car, different licence to Manual?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I drive with my left foot bent under my right leg if driving an auto or cruising on a relatively traffic free motorway with little liklihood of needing the clutch.

Though I can see how the left foor could look for a clutch, would be worse if the parking brake was on the floor though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

SteveC wrote: »
    It scared the crap out of me the first I saw it (long time ago), I thought the guy was going to reverse into me. There may be a delay built in to more modern cars so it needs to be in R for >1s or something.
    I've seen this happen on recent cars too a couple of times. I guess the few people around here with autos just don't put it in park when stopped in traffic.

I had a similar misadventure to other people here, but in a manual! It was one of the first times I drove my car after getting used to driving my instructor's car - my left foot caught the side of the brake pedal. That was not fun...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

ninty9er wrote: »
    I drive with my left foot bent under my right leg if driving an auto or cruising on a relatively traffic free motorway with little liklihood of needing the clutch.

Exactly what I do - put it were it can't do any damage!! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

AudiChris wrote: »
    Exactly what I do - put it were it can't do any damage!! :):)

Plus it's more comfortable and won't get mangled in a head on at low speed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Anan1 wrote: »
    It wasn't just 'technically' your fault, it was actually, completely, and totally your fault. You drove into the back of her, consider yourself lucky she was laughing. She has a perfect right to be ******d off, you have none whatsoever.

wow rub it in his face some more why don't you. like the 3 people already said it to him, but worse

• Advertisement
Advertisement