Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new shopping centre beside tkmax

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

What leads you to believe that?

Someone who's taken a good snoop around it.

** Just been out that way...looks nothing like a car park entrance....proobably a Pizza Hut or some such

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

bazz26 wrote: »
    No way I can see this from looking at the place. Layout is very similar to a drive thru fast food joint.

I heard that burger king are closing their place as part of the Parkway Shopping centre redevelopment. Maybe they are moving over there or possibly TGI Friday's?

TGI Friday's seem to follow around the likes of Curry's, TK-Maxx and PC World into retail parks. I wouldn't mind seeing TGI Friday's in there, beats the junk being served up by Burger King & Co.

There might even be a job for some of us:

http://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=807973

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

ninty9er wrote: »
    Someone who's taken a good snoop around it.

** Just been out that way...looks nothing like a car park entrance....proobably a Pizza Hut or some such

Your original assumption was incorrect but you are now correct - it is TGI Fridays. I heard this from a major local developer has an "interest" in the area. By the way, the Parkes brothers sold out of this development long ago. They originally did a joint development with Dunloe Ewart plc (the land was in their family for years) in the TK Maxx, Homebase etc Retail Park. Dunloe was then run by Noel Smyth (large developer and property dealer and solicitor to Ben Dunne). Liam Carroll ousted / bought out Smyth from the plc and that is why he is now developing in Limerick. The Parkes were bought out of this development last year. Liam Carroll is also developing on the Golf Links Road - the Caislean Nua development. Have a look at his profile here http://www.developer.ie/?p=49. He is very secretive and last year was sitting on property worth €1.3bn. He also sold out of Aer Lingus at a loss of €20m recently but wouldn't comment why.

The reason why work is not progressing as quickly is essentially due to the contraction in development funding. No bank is going to lend €150M and hope they'll fill the shopping centre once the downturn is over. M&S did turn down an incentive of €15M (mix of reduced rent,free fit out, marketing grants etc) to go into this centre. There are people on site at the moment but I've been told they're preparing the site for some downtime.

By the way, the Parkes brothers sold out of this development long ago.

I was wondering what they were doing developing around the corner on the Tipp Road:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Pizza Hut already have a place close by at the Childer's Road Retail Park and we have Godfathers in the Parkway SC. Do we really need another pizzeria in this area?

I think a TGI Friday's or a food court with multiple vendors would be much better especially when or if the Parkway Valley SC opens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

TGI Fridays would be class, Limerick needs a place like that, or Captain America's would be great too!

I love those kind of restraunts!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

I shouldn't be posting at 11.30pm...I was reading previous posts about Pizza Hut. Sorry I meant TGI Fridays

My previous post now reads correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

So we are getting this TGI Friday's now, sounds good, did a quick wiki search and looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Arathorn

TGI Fridays is an over priced Eddie Rockets, nothing special at all. For the prices they charge you could eat at a proper restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Arathorn wrote: »
    TGI Fridays is an over priced Eddie Rockets, nothing special at all. For the prices they charge you could eat at a proper restaurant.

No way man!

TGI Fridays is way different to eddie rockets, they do everything from steak to fajita's and loads of stuff.

Plus in TGI fridays there is a bar so you can drink there, and they have wide range of cocktails and all fun stuff of that nature!

Same goes for Captain America's!

http://www.fridays.ie/index.cfm?tab=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I much prefer the food and selection at TGI's than the glorified McDonalds type junk being servered at Eddie Ripoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

So is the TGI Friday's going to be affected by the apparent slow down in the overall Parkway Valley development? Does any one have any idea when they are targetting for opening? Before Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

So is TGI Fridays opening in the Parkway Retail Park for definite?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

no, due to the hold up its now going to be called TGI sunday week.

zuroph wrote: »
    no, due to the hold up its now going to be called TGI sunday week.

ROFL:D:D

Ok so has this place completely stopped being built, I've been living out there for 2 weeks and seen no activity at all even though the cranes are still there.

1huge1 wrote: »
    Ok so has this place completely stopped being built, I've been living out there for 2 weeks and seen no activity at all even though the cranes are still there.

You can be sure that those cranes are costing about 10 grand a month at least, if not per week to sit there. So the site is most likely operating, but at half capacity or something. I pass before opening time and after closing time so I can't be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rebs23

the site is effectively mothballed for nearly 2 months now. only work taking place is securing the site. cranes are owned by the company not rented so cost nothing to sit there.

Not trying tp be pessimistic but it seriously looks to me like its gone belly up, not the slghtest bit of action there in weeks.
    The best we can hope for now for another developed to take over the project.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭von Neumann

Don't worry it'll be built.
    People are just playing hard ball,
    Too much money spent not to finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Anyone know the story with the building at the end of Ellen Street, after Instore and the pub, just at the corner of the market?? It's been in a state of semi construction for what seems like years and remains an ugly eyesore.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Company building it ran out of money and not sure if they went bust since. Think it was sold on to another developer at some stage too.

It was started about nine years ago, got as far as you can see now, and just stopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭CRAIG07

has anyone heard that PENNEYS are going to open a new store in this retail park? they could possibly even be anchor tennants ? i think this would be great if they did open out there !!

A construction worker from the site was talking to my mam for a different job he was doing on the side about the project. According to him operations ceased 2 weeks ago after the last tenant pulled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

so for the next 20 years we have to live with that hulk?!

I'd say the next 2 years anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Arathorn

Any update on this site ? Has work started up again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Due to open April 2010.

I have been shown a lease holders confirmation that his store will be ready. Although no work has been done on site since Black Friday(except a few hours in November) he is still adamant his store will be open on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Berty wrote: »
    Due to open April 2010.

I have been shown a lease holders confirmation that his store will be ready. Although no work has been done on site since Black Friday(except a few hours in November) he is still adamant his store will be open on time.

What store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Its fecked now!

Advertisement