Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teaching Council Reistration Number

• 11-08-2008 3:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know, how long does it take to get issued with your registration number after you return the application form? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's on the other half of the form/letter looking for money isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

spurious wrote: »
    It's on the other half of the form/letter looking for money isn't it?

Sorry I should have noted this is my first time registration, having just finished the hdip..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I've been told it could take til mid September. I must send my form away tomorrow. Not that I agree with having to pay for the privilege of doing my job or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

janeybabe wrote: »
    Not that I agree with having to pay for the privilege of doing my job or anything.

Ha ha love it

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Still waiting on mine!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

If you call them they can give you a number to use while they are processing your application, this is what happened with me last year when both the dept of ed and reg council forgot who I was or if Id ever gotten any qualifications! It worked out in the end.

Not at all impressed at having to pay to work either by the way! When we got those letters looking for the money and explaining what they do did anyone else think --- is that not what I pay my union for?

Not at all impressed at having to pay to work either by the way! When we got those letters looking for the money and explaining what they do did anyone else think --- is that not what I pay my union for?

Ha did they include a lovely bubble chart explaining what they are supposed to do but haven't gotten around to doing yet?

The bubbles of what they do were outnumbered by the bubbles of what they don't do yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

I know! talk about a rip off - and the letter was fairly threatening basically if you dont pay us the Dept of Ed wont pay you! - Even though they deny any link to the Dept of Ed-

The rep who came to talk to us in college was pretty threatening too. He got in a shouting match with half the students there because he couldn't answer the questions or justify why we had to pay. It was hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭freire

I have to agree with all of the above.

For me it's another tax. A tax which goes to pay for all the above and a number.

We pay for a number. That's it. I realise all professionals have a representative body but from what I can gather at least those other bodies actually do something tangible.

If a rep from the TC can refute this, please do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement