Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox live Lag on which games???

• 11-08-2008 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭

Bought Pro Evo 2008 and the online lag is unbelievable. Call of Duty 4 is fine as is GTA. Just wondering is there other games I should avoid like the plague for online play?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

bf abd company is so bloody laggy since they brought out the new game mod last week.
    getting annoying at this stage,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Battlefield BC Doesnt lag really at all for me. Maybe once or twice every 30 games but not bad that its not playable. PES2008 on the other hand, really crappy lag for everyone. They heve promised to change the online code for PES2009 when its released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

Yea, BF:BC is gone to hell for the lag. I was playing yesterday morning and it was ok, but in the evening it was unplayable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yep, since Conquest came along, BF:BC is terribly laggy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Pro evo is probably the worst game I have ever played online. Ive been playing games on live for about 2 years and the 2 Pro Evos were the only ones I have ever had problems with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Only real lag I've had in recent games, excluding the always horrific PES, is Soul Calibur. It's not massive, but in a game where equal parts skill and timing are needed, the bad timing, due to miniscule lag, really shows up my poor skill!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

chrislad wrote: »
    Only real lag I've had in recent games, excluding the always horrific PES, is Soul Calibur. It's not massive, but in a game where equal parts skill and timing are needed, the bad timing, due to miniscule lag, really shows up my poor skill!!

Fighting games in general though are very hard to do online.

I find PES 6 isn't too bad online. GTA 4 though can get laggy on a GTA Race where all hell is breaking loose, but that's a little expected with so much goin on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

PES 6 didnt end up too bad online because they released about 15 patches for it. :D They have done the same with 2008 and its still terrible. Ive never had any problems with GTA, COD, Halo, Rock Band, Guitar Heros 2 + 3, GOW, Rainbow 6. Thats just going through what I have left, but before that the Pgr's, Burnouts and everything worked great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

PES2008 is awful online.

BF:BC has always been great for me, even after the new game mode was released - but Eircom have just 'upgraded' a bunch of Exchanges so Broadband packages have gone from 3Mb to 7.6Mb speeds but they have shot the ping times to hell. Where a site (like boards.ie) would have had a ping of 15-20ms before it now has a ping of 50ms+. International sites have 75-150ms+

The new speed increases pretty much killed online FPS games for me for now until they can sort it out. There are a few l-o-n-g thread about this on the games and broadband forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

BF:BC has been terribly laggy for me since the new game mode. Though the one laggy game I did play through, I managed to knife about 10 people you were trying to plant a charge. I mustve just popped up on their screen, reckon they were cursing me..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

I've found a lot of the arcade games to be laggy. Oh and PES as well.

Advertisement