Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Irish Power Metal

• 11-08-2008 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

I didn't have much hope of finding progressive or power metal bands in ireland, but messing about on myspace I uncovered this band:
    http://www.myspace.com/darckrystal

Bloody 'ell... how did I not know about this band? They are seriously impressive. im a huge hammerfall, rhapsody, gamma ray, heloween, iron maiden fan, and if you are too, check them out.

there is not much info available about them anywhere... I've checked metalireland.com.

they sound very tight and well rehearsed. are they even still doing gigs? the myspace site is useless...

Edit: listening to the song Ancient power now, it's their best track!! "hear my war cryyyyy..." great :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Cheers for that man, must suss them out. Another huge Hammerfall fan here too. Here is another, these guys are based in Belfast and sound bloody good aswell.Ireland potentially is a brilliant place for new Power Metal acts. Very good underground scene here from what I have been hearing.

http://www.myspace.com/secretsofsteel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Must check it out, I'm looking out for some good new power metal at the moment :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Well their website hasn't been updated since 2003 so it doesn't look like they're stilll around, or if they are they aren't up to much lately

You might like these guys too - http://www.myspace.com/celticlegacy (If you don't already that is)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

Hey guys.. I'm involved with Dark Crystal, and yes we are still on the go! College and various other things got in the way for a while, and the years just seemed to fly by. But we're currently working on a new demo CD which will have a much better production, as everyone has a lot more experience now in playing / songwriting. So stay tuned :)

We put the myspace page up recently because we've had a lot of requests from people who were after the old demo. It was released on mp3.com in 2003, and we were shipping it through mp3.com. So when they shut down in late 2003, the demo was no longer available.. we'd planned a follow up in 2004 but it never made it because I'd started doing other music projects and also busy with college. But now we're concentrating on the new one and songs are ready to go...

Hey Dagon

Thanks for the update man. Hope it goes great for you. Any idea where you will be booking yourselves to record the demo CD? Keep up the great work. If you are out and about playing a few gigs let us know and we can head down and support you. Good luck.

Den

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Scavenger from Drogheda used to have a few decent tracks. Not sure if they are still around or not...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Celtic LAgacy, check em out OP.

Gonna listen to that band now, we need more PM gigs here! Last I was at was freakin' Hammerfall

That's a great idea FunkZ. It will give us the chance to suss out all these potentially great bands from Ireland and many others. Nice one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭sobriety

i would love to see an irish festival with power metal bands playing! like dark crystal for instance, and steel tormentor, those two are the best metal bands in ireland i reckon

Advertisement