Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotateme V2.0 For N95 Classic - Finally

• 11-08-2008 4:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

Having seen a lot of publicity about the Samir app Rotateme v2.0 I was very eager to get a copy working on my phone for auto-rotation.

There were no lack of unsigned SIS files for it around the web but I had a tough time finding one I could actually get signed - it seems that Symbian have changed their signing system a few times since Samir released the unsigned file.

Anyway, on Saturday I finally found a way of getting the app signed and installed and am now the proud owner of an auto-rotating N95.

For those of you who may be on the same quest as I was here's the link to the Youtube video that I found that finally allowed me to get this up and running.

This method works as of today - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5-6h0BupcQ

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Cheers mate, I was trying to get this working as well and you seem to have stumbled across an unsigned version of Rotateme. I spend hours trying to get it sorted and now it is, thanks.

Symbian certainly doesn't make it easy for third-party apps.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

havnt had a look at v 2 yet. Mind giving a list of the major advantages?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Still no sign of v1.5 (version for phones without an accelerometer) :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

splinter wrote: »
    havnt had a look at v 2 yet. Mind giving a list of the major advantages?

More options I suppose - don't know how version 1.0 or 1.5 was on a phone with an accelerometer as I had an n73 at the time but full details are here:

http://www.bysamir.fr/rotateme/

My major joy here was finding a sis file I could get signed which had been the major hurdle. The Symbian Signed system seems in a total mess.

Advertisement