Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Limerick - Hi Everyone

Options
  • 11-08-2008 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hey everyone! I've recently moved to Limerick with my fiance and thought i'd say hello! Not been out much as been pretty busy since I got here so can anybody recommend ne decent pubs with live music (preferably of the rock variety!)

Also, interested in taking up tennis - never really played b4 so figured I need a new hobby ! :) Is there anywhere you could recommend thats not too expensive?

Lastly, (by now i'm pretty sure i've sapped u of all advice :) ) ne suggestions on interesting things to do, etc in an attempt to meet people.

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Try the Catholic Institute in Ballinacurra Gardens for Tennis. Tennis, squah, and some other sports are played there. There is private onsite parking there also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

\o Welcome to Limerick! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭rstans

Welcome to Limerick. I'm afraid the live music scene pretty much died in Limerick about five years ago. I used to be spoiled for choice for gigs from Thursday to Sunday afternoon (Joe Browne and The Dirty Dawgs -Legendary).
    Now it's all that dancey thump-thump crap that is played or else some gimp with a guitar and a load of backing tracks, glorified karaoke if you ask me.
    Try Dolans on the Dock road, they sometimes have decent bands upstairs.
    P.S. If you see "Children Of The Night" advertised make sure you go. Very good rock/metal band.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

for rock, check out baker place, up at pery square (near the train station). lots of live music there.

Forgot about Baker's, my bad, sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 nicfd

Hey all. thanks for that. I'll check out baker place and dolans. Y it so hard 2get decent live acts - it's becoming a real prob throughout the country!!

I'll also check out that place for tennis.

thanks again you guys

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

well what sort of "rock" you into? i'm trying to get something going soon, but with recession, places just arent willing to take a chance. :S

• Registered Users Posts: 43 nicfd

just ur typical pub-rock stuff - good mix of everything, ac/dc, metallica, queens of the stoneage, bon jovi, rory gallagher, rolling stones, the beatles, gary moore, deep purple, bob dylan, Kaiser chiefs, nickelback, thin lizzy, etc. jus like an eclectic rock mix.

also be amazing if you knew a good symphony x tribute band!! :P

Zuroph, if you get a gig going let me know. It's been too long since I woke up with a hangover and me ears ringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

nicfd wrote: »
    Hey all. thanks for that. I'll check out baker place and dolans. Y it so hard 2get decent live acts - it's becoming a real prob throughout the country!!

I'll also check out that place for tennis.

thanks again you guys

Kasabian in Dolans tomoro nite actually,i wud imagine its sold out tho!

• Advertisement
Advertisement