Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best gaming related film?

Options
  • 11-08-2008 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

What's the best games-related film?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Most of them tend to be crap really

Resident Evil maybe?

I cant think of any other game to movie conversions right now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Whoops

Thanks to above post for clearing it up...Most are bad conversions. Doom, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil. Max Payne is being worked on...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Nothing touches Chronicles of Riddick, Final Fantasy Advent was good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I reckon the new "Frag" movie would be a decent watch as it's more to do with the competitive side of gaming. There hasn't been really any decent gaming films that have been released over here.

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    I reckon the new "Frag" movie would be a decent watch as it's more to do with the competitive side of gaming. There hasn't been really any decent gaming films that have been released over here.

Heh...I put that in my original response, then saw the post above mine and went "whoops!". Yeah FRAG is good in my opinion.

One of Complexity's shorts is pretty decent (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B53_6BOE35g)

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

King of Kong was a weird laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭rzelky

What's the best games-related film?

king of kong - best, games-related and a film :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 showie

Streat fighter would be mine.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 simandsim

the title is a bit vague.. So I'm going to say the original WarGames.. its not based on a game.. but it revolves around "a game"... or so they think...

that counts as games related right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

The Wizard starring Fred Savage:
    "I love the Power Glove, it's so bad!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Best suited here tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Shaun of the Dead - it shows the practical aplications of FPS gaming in a zombie survival situation :D.

"Top Left".

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I kinda liked the Wing Commander film. Really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Silent Hill was a decent film imo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,418 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Silent Hill is the best of a very bad bunch and even stilkl it's massively flawed. The plot progresses like in a videogame which is retarded (oh I've found another clue that tells me to head to the school, ok!) and completely misses the point of the game series with well thought out psychological horror replaced by typical hollywood scares and gore.

For gaming related films King of Kong is really hard to beat. It's an excellent documentary. My brother and his girlfriend watched it and they have no interest in games but loved it.

Hoping that the new Max Payne will be one that instantly springs to mind..... ~2weeks now!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

+1 to the above.

The scenes at the end of the SH film were more typical of something brazen and blunt from Wolf Creek than the mind **** of SH2 for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I made this thread in Films a while ago that has a few upcoming game to film conversions. Plus it has this gem that I can't believe is being made:
    Gamers,
    Detectives Remy Munro and Margo Davis are hurled into the addictive and money making world of video games, where they attempt to track down a serial killer who re-enacts the methods of killing from popular video games.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

The King of Kong is an excellent flick.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

Doom is hilarious! especially that part towards the end where it's shot FPS style, i was in knots laughing.

i actually thought silent hill was decent enough. the nurses were brilliant, they hired professional dancers to play them so they'd get the creepy movements just right :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

i actually thought silent hill was decent enough. the nurses were brilliant, they hired professional dancers to play them so they'd get the creepy movements just right :pac:

Was anyone else turned on by them?

Mortal Kombat was entertaining crap, as was Hitman. Though I honestly think the Peter Jackson-produced, Neil Blomkamp-directed Halo movie could have been brilliant, based on the shorts that were released.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

Otacon wrote: »
    Was anyone else turned on by them?

is it because of the noises they make!? :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,418 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Actually have to agree that MK was quite enjoyable. The game is absolute thrash and the film was a great bit of dumb entertainment that had some great fight scenes. Thats all I really wanted from a mortal kombat film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

none thay are all bad

Advertisement