Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going out solo: venues? and general advice please?

Options
  • 11-08-2008 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hello to all,
    leaving Dublin in 2 weeks for work-related reasons. Frankly, my social life here hasn't been that sparkling...very few, if any real friends here..the majority are from school and living in the south of the country.

So, my plan is to go out practically every night for this fortnight, with a view to becoming more relaxed in various social settings, not necessarily looking to score etc, just have a good time. However, the people I can call up to accompany me are all working...so monday through to weds/thurs, I will be going out on my own.

Can anyone suggest venues/events in Dublin, where it is easy to get chatting to strangers, good atmosphere and so on....particularly on "off" nights from Monday through to mid-week?
    Any other advice for going out solo?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

advice? yup, tell me where and when you're going :D

some places are really easy to chat to people, some aren't, but you'll find you'll meet more friendly people as the night goes on and the drink kicks in. also, i'd suggest not drinking every night, just because it turns your eye balls yellow.

seriously, if your bored, throw it up in After Hours here and you'll probably get loads of people to go out with ya. and you may even meet some gems ;)

Best of luck

Red

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭gabigeist

As you've pointed out, its hard to meet Dubs/Irish in Dublin as everyone already has the necessary quotient of friends(or is afraid to show they haven't).

Whenever I'm based abroad, I just head to any bar with other foreigners in it as they're generally in the same situation. So applying that logic here, the Mezz bar in temple bar has a similar 'funky foreigner' feel to it where people are only delighted to chat. I'd also recommend anywhere with a pool table as challenging for the table is a good opener.

Good Luck!
    Oh yeah, there's a load of hostels near Busaras so I'm guessing there's some decent backpacker pubs in the area - Isaac Butts seems wild any time I pass

Advertisement