Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to go for a jog/run?

Options
  • 11-08-2008 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

Just moved to waterford.

Any one know of a safe area to go for a jog/run around waterford? Anywhere near the cork ring rd or dunmore east? I'd like a mountain area or a wood/national park. I would prefer not to have to use a gym or run along a busy road.

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Tramore has plenty of walkway areas that you could consider?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

if you drop SUNGOD a pm he could give you some help with different routes. or maybe check the fitness logs, he posts there regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Thanks. I'll try both.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭vegas elvis

You should try the woods out in portlaw. Lots of different routes and plenty of hills to keep you going. Theres no access for cars along the paths so its nice and quiet, and that bit easier on your knees as its off road

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

You should try the woods out in portlaw. Lots of different routes and plenty of hills to keep you going. Theres no access for cars along the paths so its nice and quiet, and that bit easier on your knees as its off road

Sounds perfect. I'll go if the weather ever makes up it's mind what it is doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

The Park is ok for a quick run here and there, but not very big, also kinda busy sometimes... but thats where is normally jog, well before i busted my foot and cant run on it for the past 4 months.. i really should get a few bob together for an xray.. lol

Advertisement