Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else sick of Rex's behavior?

Options
  • 11-08-2008 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone was watching BB last nte and Rex's "Bullying " of Rachel after she chose Hells cake. I think his treatment of Rachel was disgraceful!!! I wasnt a huge fan of Rachel at the start but saying that, the girl does not deserve that treatment.I understand wen ppl say that she should stand up for herself more but perhaps she feels at a loss... no one in the house seemd to be sticking up for the girl so what was the point of arguing back with halt the house on your back.
    Is Big Brother gonna continue to let him treat ppl like this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Havn't seen last nights highlights yet, but up to now his 'bullying' has been very much tongue-in-cheek, just winding her up, pushing her buttons superbly.
    Up to now she has seen it for just that (she hasn't nommed him at all) and she still seems to like him.
    I havn't read anything to indicate that he went too far last night.

I think he exasperates her rather than upsets her.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭rhapsody

Annon123, thanks for starting this thread, I was thinking of it myself. While I understand there's banter between housemates, I think Rex often takes it too far. I posted/ranted in another thread about him & his often spiteful behaviour.
    Whats perhaps worse than his constant badgering (sp?) and negative attitude is the way he's allowed away with it in there. There are few that say anything back to him, and no matter, what he has to have the last word. The way he speaks to Nicole can be terrible too, and clearly upsets her alot. I hope Mikey takes him down a peg or two this week, or tapes his mouth shut :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Everyone keeps refering to Rex over this, it wasnt just him it was the whole house. I have wrote about this in another thread. It was such a dreadful decision on her part to award the prize to the hell housemates and i do believe she only done this because of her friends.

Alot of it was kind of a windup and some to do with frustration it will be forgotten about in a day.

re the "cake incident", I agree that Rachel didn't really go about it very well and all the Heavenlies did seem to eat her over it, but Rex carried on his barbed comments longer than everyone. If he had just stopped when everyone else did, it would have blown over alot quicker. (Like if Darnell hadn't moped and whinged for a day over Sara jumping out of his bed, HMs would have dismissed it quicker.)

I do agree that Rex was probably extra sensitive about this task in particular, totally understandable. Maybe he's worried the numbers in his restaurants will go down cos of it, now that would be a serious matter :eek: :D

I really dont think he has anything to do with her insulting his cooking or anything like that he and the rest of the heavenlies just felt like they got fcuked over.

I think alot of this has to do with she looked absolutely lost lastnight like a little puppy dog and i think alot of people will take pity on her for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

rex gets a bad rap, and its not all his fault. I want him to win! sure he was on at rachel, but he's identified her as his main threat in the house, he's playing tactically.

zuroph wrote: »
    sure he was on at rachel, but he's identified her as his main threat in the house, he's playing tactically.

oh did he say that? That would make sense, he does seem to pick on her a bit more. Any details?

he hasnt said it, but he's the only one REALLY playing, and he's been watchin her for weeks. he's tried to take any opportunity to turn people against her (remember the VT stuff?).

he hasnt said it, but he's the only one REALLY playing, and he's been watchin her for weeks. he's tried to take any opportunity to turn people against her (remember the VT stuff?).

Well I dont know if he's the only one really playing- I think they all have their own tactics etc.
    But about Rachel, yeah he did go on about her VT more than anyones. I thought he was generally unpleasant, but alot of it does seem to centre around her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭KateF

rhapsody wrote: »
    Whats perhaps worse than his constant badgering (sp?) and negative attitude is the way he's allowed away with it in there. There are few that say anything back to him, and no matter, what he has to have the last word. The way he speaks to Nicole can be terrible too, and clearly upsets her alot. I hope Mikey takes him down a peg or two this week, or tapes his mouth shut :D
    Yes how is he let away with this behaviour? Its clearly intimidating...and are there people out there that like him after all this?! ...because he's still in there :eek: I think a lot of his behaviour and bullying is sly, and he can talk himself out of it and has the ability to make pretty much anyone feel like they're stupid, and that he is right. I really hate him atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

rex gets a bad rap, and its not all his fault. I want him to win! sure he was on at rachel, but he's identified her as his main threat in the house, he's playing tactically.

Was it on this forum or ds someone said that Rachel would sit on the fence 'til there was only a few left then she'd bravely stand up to some bullies and go on to win it? Rex by hassling Rachel is only making her look better and him worse. Which I hate to see by the way.. I'd love him to go back to the way he was before Nicole. Even the other night in the bedroom winding Sara up was a joy to behold. Ps today Sara was saying to Nicole that he winds folk up all the time but she still likes him.

KateF wrote: »
    Yes how is he let away with this behaviour? Its clearly intimidating...and are there people out there that like him after all this?! ...because he's still in there :eek: I think a lot of his behaviour and bullying is sly, and he can talk himself out of it and has the ability to make pretty much anyone feel like they're stupid, and that he is right. I really hate him atm.

Yes there is still people out there that like him, he aint the only one in there that talks trash he does it to their faces were as some people say stuff behing peoples backs. The bully word is thrown around so much its starting to be become the easiest way to try and make somebody seem like a bad character.

rex is 28-1 on paddypower right now. regretting backin him at 12-1!

the whole world should go on a betting coup now!

KateF wrote: »
    he can talk himself out of it and has the ability to make pretty much anyone feel like they're stupid, and that he is right.

Yes! that's what I've been trying to say but am losing more of my vocabulary the longer I watch BB.
    Arguably an enviable skill, but sometimes hard to watch it happening. His persistance helps him, i.e. dont stop talking til the other person does, and even then, get the last word ALWAYS :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Alice1

Ah if Rachel were to pull it together and be less defensive I think Rex would probably draw his horns in a bit. (Remember Maysoon? He didn't last long with her)

She had to judge the cake on taste and appearance. Now I think the appearance was indisputable - the Heavenly cake looked better. So it had to be because of the taste.....

Well if the decision was 50/50 what was the decideing factor, her friends!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Alice1 wrote: »
    Ah if Rachel were to pull it together and be less defensive I think Rex would probably draw his horns in a bit. (Remember Maysoon? He didn't last long with her)

She had to judge the cake on taste and appearance. Now I think the appearance was indisputable - the Heavenly cake looked better. So it had to be because of the taste.....

She made some half arsed attempt to justify it saying it was warm and there was jam in it.:p:pac:

I don't know how she ate it after the mauling Mikey gave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

At least she livened things up by choosing Hell!!! It would have boring if she'd chosen Heaven - fair play to her!

She clearly did it for her friends but the reasons she gave for her choice were daft, she shouldn't've went on insisting Hell's was better, that's what's annoying people.
    It's like the audition tape situation if she'd admitted she acted totally differently to make herself more interesting to get on the show (understandable-remember incredibly boring ex housemate Liz's audition tape where she ran around a beach in the buff?) Rex would've stopped hassling her but she kept on denying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

What was it he said to her " Nice one Rach , as long as your friends are happy ".
    And him in and out of the diary room like a blue arsed fly when his Nicole wasn't happy.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Aye Sean, she's a braver lass than me! (There was something about the other cake being too "lemony")

The Heavenly housemates were very cross - nothing quite so bad as a bad loser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I've only started properly watching Big Brother the last week and I can't put in to words how much Rex annoys the fook out of me! He's spoilt, mean, a sore loser and most of all ginger :pac: Seriously though, what do people like about him? From someone that's only been properly watching it lately (maybe he was more fun before, I don't know) he comes across as a horrible person. I know Rachel is boring etc but I'd love if she won just to pi.ss him off. I feel really sorry for her, there's no need for the constant jibes. leave her alone! He seems like he'd be one hell of an annoying boyfriend too. Yeah those two are definitely going to last! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yeah I am sick of Rex's behaviour and I am disgusted they hauled Mo into the diary room over a playful slap on Mikey yet they turn a blind eye to Rex's mental bullying of Rachel.

Bloody disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Adam08

Rex ia the only source of entertainment in the house since Becs left. He is arrogant but at least he's not boring like Rachel and co.

Mr. Nice Guy, Big Brother seem to pick and choose who will be punished and who will not.

Lisa wasn't punished for her "break out", nor seemingly intimidatory comments to Rex.
    Another posted pointed out that BB has said in the past that throwing of water will not be tolerated but Mikey is throwing water at all and sundry even though he can't see where it is going and he has not been punished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

yes

35notout wrote: »
    At least she livened things up by choosing Hell!!! It would have boring if she'd chosen Heaven - fair play to her!

FAIL

She didnt purposely liven things up by chooseing Hell.
    Clare Bear wrote: »
    I've only started properly watching Big Brother the last week and I can't put in to words how much Rex annoys the fook out of me! He's spoilt, mean, a sore loser and most of all ginger :pac: Seriously though, what do people like about him? From someone that's only been properly watching it lately (maybe he was more fun before, I don't know) he comes across as a horrible person. I know Rachel is boring etc but I'd love if she won just to pi.ss him off. I feel really sorry for her, there's no need for the constant jibes. leave her alone! He seems like he'd be one hell of an annoying boyfriend too. Yeah those two are definitely going to last! :rolleyes:

To properly understand Rex you kind of had to watch him right from the start imo he has been a differnt housemate with his missus in the house. I wouldnt call him spoilt by a long shot he has made a very good career out of been a chef and has rewarded himself for it.

He has been one of the best housemates Big Brother has had in a long time he is very witty very sarcastic likes to mess with people he is a windup merchant. That girlfriend of his is an absolute headfcuk she has ruined him imo i reckon she has been his downfall to possibly not winning.

FAIL

She didnt purposely liven things up by chooseing Hell.

To properly understand Rex you kind of had to watch him right from the start imo he has been a differnt housemate with his missus in the house. I wouldnt call him spoilt by a long shot he has made a very good career out of been a chef and has rewarded himself for it.

He has been one of the best housemates Big Brother has had in a long time he is very witty very sarcastic likes to mess with people he is a windup merchant. That girlfriend of his is an absolute headfcuk she has ruined him imo i reckon she has been his downfall to possibly not winning.

Well said! I agree totally. If I had lots of sharpshooter's little smiley men clapping their hands i'd put them all in a row here.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭annon123

Well if the decision was 50/50 what was the decideing factor, her friends!
    Yah but i tink it was only fair that she took into mind that the hell housemates really only had 2 ppl on their side and heaven had a lot more plus a chef. That has to be taken into consideration. I know hell had Mikey but he seemed more a hinderance than a help. also Hell had such a tough week i think that heaven were very begrudging to think that they deserved a reward. This was prob the worst wk for hell in all of BB9 and perhaps she was biased towards her friends...but....who of us wouldnt!! Rex is the first into the diary room if his precious Nicole isnt happy. he seems to suffer a lot from when it suits him its fine....take the shopping task the other wk... he could have really screwed the whole house over with the 53 special prizes oly for BB saving his bacon.

• Advertisement

even if he had screwed the house over, it would still have been hilarious. you need someone willing to try stuff like that. thats something i'd do if i was in there. its on my list, along with late night sneaking around for pranks etc. there'd be a mystery for weeks while i was in there, where someone was filling others shoes with shaving foam.

Advertisement