Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else sick of Rex's behavior?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

zuroph wrote: »
    i dont know, the clip has been cut by someone clearly not showing the before or after. out of context stuff is always suspicious, and seems to be cut to serve someones own dislike. that the papers jumped on it is ridiculous. the suns anti-rex stuff is so very biased, so to call BB biased is yet more pot kettle stuff.

Also have read a number of times, what she actually said was, "rex, that had spit in", proving that it was only a blow gone wrong.

Have listened again and one more time to be sure ,
    what l can hear is "Rex dont spit".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

again, thats what i thought i heard, but whoever posted it seemed adament. maybe it was said just after the clip was cut. we'll never know! either way, theres no reason that clip had to be cut that short, except to hide the context. interestingly, the poster of the clip on DS said that it was disgusting that 20% of that forum wanted him to win... :D more support!!!!

again, thats what i thought i heard, but whoever posted it seemed adament. maybe it was said just after the clip was cut. we'll never know! either way, theres no reason that clip had to be cut that short, except to hide the context. interestingly, the poster of the clip on DS said that it was disgusting that 20% of that forum wanted him to win... :D more support!!!!

lt is a very short clip and annoyingly so as it leaves it all up in the air a bit.

lol, just read a load on the scottish sun forum. people on there calling for rex to be evicted because he slapped mo on the soles of his feet to wake him up. calling it assault. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Dun Dun Dun i suppose its all about context. I would like to see the whole thing before i make a decision on it.

• Advertisement

things ive learned in life;
    Never trust Max Clifford or The Sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Holy sh*t! :eek:

Rex is an absolute utter scumbag. As much as I dislike the woman no one deserves that. Did that make the highlights show and if not, I want to know why not?

PS The behaviour of the apologists on this thread leaves a lot to be desired. It's one thing sticking up for a guy in a TV show you like, but there are some things which go too far and deserve condemnation and some people on this thread still will not do so. Pathetic really.

Holy sh*t! :eek:

Rex is an absolute utter scumbag. As much as I dislike the woman no one deserves that. Did that make the highlights show and if not, I want to know why not?

PS The behaviour of the apologists on this thread leaves a lot to be desired. It's one thing sticking up for a guy in a TV show you like, but there are some things which go too far and deserve condemnation and some people on this thread still will not do so. Pathetic really.
    are you seriously basing all that on a 3 second out of context clip? how about you enter the calm reasoned debate with the rest of us about what might have happened, instead of jumping on the witchhunt straight away.

My reason indicates to me that he opened his mouth and ejected something from it on to her face.

Nicole then exclaimed, "Ah don't spit!"

I have deduced from this therefore that the man spat on his girlfriend. Please explain to me how you can see it differently or we will have to ring the funny farm and have them haul you away.

It is clear as day.

read the rest of the thread. christ im sick of you.

they regularily blow in each others face, fake spitting, they've been doing it for weeks in the house. the clip is edited out of context, and doesnt show the playful stuff on either side of it, or her cuddling up to him right afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Rachel has faced adversity in there and come through it. You call it turning into a puppy dog but I call it showing resolve and getting on with things. I don't actually recall Maysoon showing any emotion except for when she tearfully said she was leaving. Rachel in contrast has shown a range of emotions since the first week. I think that's why people can identify with her.

Aww come on man! You have an excuse for everything! What does it take for you to accept that the girl has qualities which make her popular with people?! In your eyes everyone else must have something wrong with them as this is the only way Rachel can be doing well! :pac:

Nothing wrong with that! :)

Ok, last time. I have said in almost every single post that she has qualities that people like, loads of them in fact but being a genuinely exciting person isn't one of them. I'm talking day to day, how she is. I just can't think of her doing/saying interesting things.

read the rest of the thread. christ im sick of you.

they regularily blow in each others face, fake spitting, they've been doing it for weeks in the house. the clip is edited out of context, and doesnt show the playful stuff on either side of it, or her cuddling up to him right afterwards.

You know what I'm sick of? People defending this guy as if the sun shines out of his arse. He has shown a nasty attitude for weeks and what he did in that clip was have one of his lowest moments. It's despicable.

Your 'blowing in the face' defense is laughable. Also known as the Dennis defence.

You know what I'm sick of? People defending this guy as if the sun shines out of his arse. He has shown a nasty attitude for weeks and what he did in that clip was have one of his lowest moments. It's despicable.

Your 'blowing in the face' defense is laughable. Also known as the Dennis defence.
    im done debating with you.

im done debating with you.

To debate requires having an open mind and the ability to see another point of view which are traits you have not shown. I feel the other people on this board I have had disagreements with possess this capacity unlike yourself.

You will defend that man no matter what he does. Your mind is closed.

To debate requires having an open mind and the ability to see another point of view which are traits you have not shown. I feel the other people on this board I have had disagreements with possess this capacity unlike yourself.

You will defend that man no matter what he does. Your mind is closed.
    if u read the thread ud see that we have agreed that if it was malicious then yes, it was reprehensible. but i dont believe it was malicious or deliberate in any way. why cut the clip so short? why not show the context? its all just way too suspicious.

You, on the other hand, have instantly bought into what the clip is supposed to look like. without standing back to think about all the suspicious stuff like why is it so short, or why doesnt BB do anything about it, or why hasnt nicole complained, or why is it only coming to light now. you just immediately wade in with abuse for rex, without taking a moment to think.

IF this was a malicious spit in the face, yes, its disgusting and rex should be evicted. but it wasnt, and he wasnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I posted the clip, but sort of wished I hadn't now, because I think it is impossible to read much into it unless you see what happens in the previous and subsequent 60 seconds.
    As it stands in its current 5 second span, it looks really bad.
    But if Nic had said 'Oy, u dirty cnut spitting it my face' and started crying, I assume it would be in the clip.
    So the fact that there is only 5 seconds to the clip means I'm inclined to think that Zurophs explanation is plausible at least.

Well it's hard MNG, the fact that it's a three second clip... and the reaction of his girlfriend would lead ye to believe that it's not a big deal in her eyes, and it's not like she's some knacker or anything who would be used to being spit on :)

If he did just golly right in her face and there was nothing playful about it then yea he's an asshole (I already know he can be quite the prick) but if I'm honest I still don't care. I didn't care when Mohammed got spit in the face either really... that was one of the best shows in fact. It's a tough one to call, though. And I think it's easy for people to be sensational and jump on it.

The bottom line for me is that I'm not particularly concerned for the welfare of the people in there. If someone felt that hurt by something they would complain to big brother or big brother would intervene. So unless someone is getting hacked up into little pieces in there, I don't care :)

And as zuroph pointed out, he is the one holding judgement until he can get more information about it. He at least questions some of the peculiar things about the clip, yet you with your open mind just jump straight in asking for him to be lynched with no restraint whatsoever.

My main concern about the clip is why it wasn't shown on the highlights show. Channel 4 trying to protect Rex? zuroph, you have gone to more lengths than anyone to defend Rex's out of line behaviour.

Case #1 - Rex orders the blind Mikey to turn Nicole's sausage. Your thoughts...
    zuroph wrote:
    mikey frys for himself at home all the time.

Nothing wrong with having a blind guy potentially scald himself then eh?

Case #2 - Rex has a pop at Sara. Your thoughts...
    zuroph wrote:
    rex is asking sarah if he upset her. he literally inviting her to "fight back" and stand up for herself, and she's not. hes tryin to talk to her about why she got upset.

So in your eyes, not only is Rex not wrong for keeping on at Sara, you actually believe SHE is wrong for not 'fighting back'. Are the wives of alcoholic husbands to blame for their husband's behaviour too? Feck's sake.

Case #3 - Rex deciding the outcome of the gum task with Nicole beforehand. Your thoughts...
    zuroph wrote:
    and whats ur problem with this? if the other housemates had a backbone they could have called him on it, if you get in a position to take advantage of, in a competition to win 100grand, take it. if the others dont stnad up to you on it, even better.

Ah so acting selfishly is OK when no one calls you up on it? I see.

Case #4 - The possiblity of Rex screwing the house over. Your thoughts...
    zuroph wrote:
    even if he had screwed the house over, it would still have been hilarious. you need someone willing to try stuff like that. thats something i'd do if i was in there.

So other people don't matter?

Case #5 - Rex's bullying of Rachel. Your thoughts...
    zuroph wrote:
    rex gets a bad rap, and its not all his fault. I want him to win! sure he was on at rachel, but he's identified her as his main threat in the house, he's playing tactically.

Funny then how people try and defend him as a misunderstood soul. And this brings us to the spitting incident...

Case # 6 - Rex spits at Nicole. Your thoughts...
    zuroph wrote:
    took a look around, from those who watched it live

"Please watch very carefully - it is a blow.
    He only blows air at her - watch her hair, it was only air.

Ah it was only air! Of course! As I said the Dennis defence. No need to pay attention to Nicole's reaction then, no? When she screams 'Ah, don't spit!'?

So now do you see why I say you have a closed mind, zuroph?

Call Me Jimmy,

I consider spitting to be one of the lowest things a person can do. Rex might have considered it playfulness but that doesn't make it so. As for Nicole, it's clear she's a doormat anyway so the fact she still clamours for the guy doesn't lessen the nature of the deed in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

if u read the thread ud see that we have agreed that if it was malicious then yes, it was reprehensible. but i dont believe it was malicious or deliberate in any way. why cut the clip so short? why not show the context? its all just way too suspicious.

You, on the other hand, have instantly bought into what the clip is supposed to look like. without standing back to think about all the suspicious stuff like why is it so short, or why doesnt BB do anything about it, or why hasnt nicole complained, or why is it only coming to light now. you just immediately wade in with abuse for rex, without taking a moment to think.

IF this was a malicious spit in the face, yes, its disgusting and rex should be evicted. but it wasnt, and he wasnt.

I agree with you, i'd like to see the full clip before I'd pass judgement. It's very suspicious why it's cut so short. I can't imagine Big Brother letting another person away with spitting in someone's face. It would look very bad for the show. I hope mng is never comes up for jury duty!:D

When she screams 'Ah, don't spit!'?

lol MNG, do you write for The Sun by any chance? :P

I understand ye feel disgusted by it but other people shouldn't be brutally attacked (see I can write like The Sun too) because they want to hold off and find out more about the incident before lynching him.

• Advertisement

lol MNG, do you write for The Sun by any chance? :P

I understand ye feel disgusted by it but other people shouldn't be brutally attacked (see I can write like The Sun too) because they want to hold off and find out more about the incident before lynching him.

The News of the World actually. ;)

I'm not brutally attacking anyone but I do find the lengths people go to in order to defend certain behaviour to be totally ludicrous.

lol brutally attacking was the joke about tabloid language... When people say they withhold judgement until they find out more about it because the nature of clip is quite peculiar... that isn't defending his behaviour - that's being open-minded.

When people say they withhold judgement until they find out more about it because the nature of clip is quite peculiar... that isn't defending his behaviour - that's being open-minded.

Not when they have in the past condoned other instances of unacceptable behaviour. I've given plenty of examples of this.

Ah I just thought you were saying people wanting to find out more about this before passing judgement on it are ludicrous.

DS :Forum

Originally Posted by calculator viewpost.gif
    Oh not again. I watched this live and it's a fuss over nothing.

Please watch very carefully - it is a blow.

He never spat in her face and that clip is so misleading - they are giggling and making digs at each other. She chucked water over him just before that.

Reply from Poster.

No I was watching the Live Feed at the time.

She actually poured water on the bed after he told her not to. Which was why he was annoyed with her and led to the spit.

I wish someone would post the full incident because rather than clear Rex it would prove that he did it in a temper and not playfully as some would have us believe.

When the word playful has been used it has been people saying that we don't know the context from the 3-second clip. Nobody said it was definately playful, just that it could have been for all one might know having seen only that clip. If it is as you say sharpshooter then he's a low-life. And that's what everyone has been saying. It's quite surprising seeing as he's upper class, you wouldn't have expected him to spit on his girlfriend in anger.

EDIT: Having said all that though, her reaction is quite odd if that is the case...

When the word playful has been used it has been people saying that we don't know the context from the 3-second clip. Nobody said it was definately playful, just that it could have been for all one might know having seen only that clip. If it is as you say sharpshooter then he's a low-life. And that's what everyone has been saying. It's quite surprising seeing as he's upper class, you wouldn't have expected him to spit on his girlfriend in anger.

EDIT: Having said all that though, her reaction is quite odd if that is the case...

Well those are not my words but the poster who replied
    does seem very definite on what they saw.
    l would still like to see more of it though to clear it up once and for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

I have said i will hold off passing judgement on this subject till somebody can provide us with all the facts about this situation im not going to just jump straight out with condemnation i want all facts before coming to a proper decision.

I would like to offer this up as a case for cleverly edited video, im not doing this to defend Rex i will make my mind up on that when show all evidence, sharpshooter might know about this as it is to do with wrestleing.

Last year CNN did an interview with John Cena with regards an injury he had and were questioning him over the use of steroids in professional sports, and they edited to the degree were they had him looking like he admitted that he used them, luckily for him the WWE had also recorded the interview and it clearly states that he does not.

I just like to be not so quick to jump to conclusions.

I have said i will hold off passing judgement on this subject till somebody can provide us with all the facts about this situation im not going to just jump straight out with condemnation i want all facts before coming to a proper decision.

I would like to offer this up as a case for cleverly edited video, im not doing this to defend Rex i will make my mind up on that when show all evidence, sharpshooter might know about this as it is to do with wrestleing.

Last year CNN did an interview with John Cena with regards an injury he had and were questioning him over the use of steroids in professional sports, and they edited to the degree were they had him looking like he admitted that he used them, luckily for him the WWE had also recorded the interview and it clearly states that he does not.

I just like to be not so quick to jump to conclusions.

Thanks for that Tyler , and it does indeed show how clever editing can totally change what actually happened to what they want you to think happened. l remember that incident and as a fan and knowing John Cena's lifestyle knew that they were stitching him up.
    Thats why l said in my previous post l would like to see more to clear it up once and for all.

• Advertisement

DS :Forum

Originally Posted by calculator viewpost.gif
    Oh not again. I watched this live and it's a fuss over nothing.

Please watch very carefully - it is a blow.

He never spat in her face and that clip is so misleading - they are giggling and making digs at each other. She chucked water over him just before that.

Reply from Poster.

No I was watching the Live Feed at the time.

She actually poured water on the bed after he told her not to. Which was why he was annoyed with her and led to the spit.

I wish someone would post the full incident because rather than clear Rex it would prove that he did it in a temper and not playfully as some would have us believe.

+1.

Advertisement