Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else sick of Rex's behavior?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

it was during the food fights week. microphones got damaged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Yes he said it, would he actually do it NO yes i would say something to the same effect as im sure would alot of people it they said they were gonna do that. Its just talk its a joke.

Yes cherry pick statements you focused in on this one statement like it was the be all and end all like it was the worst thing anybody has ever said.

Perhaps if you read my post more thoroughly you would not try to push your view on what i'm saying. I'm discussing rex currently what he has just done. I am not summing rex up in one sentence. You like rex, you're entitled to feel that way, i don't like rex and i feel he is a bully, i am entitled to this opinion and this is what i'm expressing.

As i have said bbs policy this year is supposed to be zero tolerance, how is it zero tolerance with the current behaviour in the house. Once again i am referencing rex as it is a what do you think of rex thread.

Zuroph i know what you're saying but what i'm trying to explain is i find similarities in alexs aggression with rex. The incident you're talking about is not what i've referred to and i know it is completely different to rex, as i said thats not at all what i'm referring to just i find their general attitudes quite similiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I have to say I don't like Rex because of the way he speaks to people , it is not always tongue in cheek.
    However not in a million years would I think that he would p*ss on anybody , and though I don't like him even I could see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Alice1

Thanks Zuroph - so it was fairly recent then. Ah how quickly they forget!

Again i am not saying that he would i am saying that he made the threat. Whether it would be seen as a joke in the real world or not, this was said on big brother who are supposedly operating a zero tolerance policy. I find it hard to understand how bb can have a zero tolerance policy and overlook certain incidents, this one included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

LolaDub wrote: »
    Perhaps if you read my post more thoroughly you would not try to push your view on what i'm saying. I'm discussing rex currently what he has just done. I am not summing rex up in one sentence. You like rex, you're entitled to feel that way, i don't like rex and i feel he is a bully, i am entitled to this opinion and this is what i'm expressing.

As i have said bbs policy this year is supposed to be zero tolerance, how is it zero tolerance with the current behaviour in the house. Once again i am referencing rex as it is a what do you think of rex thread.

Zuroph i know what you're saying but what i'm trying to explain is i find similarities in how alexs aggression with rex. The incident you're talking about is not what i've referred to and i know it is completely different to rex, as i said thats not at all what i'm referring to just i find their general attitudes quite similiar.

I did read your post thoroughly i had read it three time just to make sure i had read it correctly. Im not tryin to push my views on you im just coming across with a counter statement.

Yes i like Rex yes i like Mikey i for one feel that if anybody was out of line i would step up and admit it. You are entitled to your opinion 100% but as you have said that you dont like Rex and in my opinion i think you took his words to Mikey as too literal.

I would like to make a point im watching lastnights show and when Mikey came out after getting his head shaved and Mo walked over and slapped in him in the head technically that is physical violence but in the context of things people wouldnt see it that way because it is a joke.

A joke threat is not grounds for punishment. If Rex does attempt to piss on mikey, I'm sure BB will intervene, if they did now, they'd look foolish.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Oh Rex is a d**khead of the highest order. Even herself laoths him and even commented that she is thinking of stopping watch the show while he was in it.

He picks on the weak characters and the guy he picks on his blind - Rex knows well any able bodied guy would knock that cocky grin off his face.

Its all about the context.

Oh Rex is a d**khead of the highest order. Even herself laoths him and even commented that she is thinking of stopping watch the show while he was in it.

He picks on the weak characters and the guy he picks on his blind - Rex knows well any able bodied guy would knock that cocky grin off his face.
    sometimes i wish there was a thumbs down button.
    theres been plenty of able bodied guys in there, and no knocking of grins. Mikey is asking for it, just cos he's blind doesnt excuse him being a prick.

• Advertisement

I did read your post thoroughly i had read it three time just to make sure i had read it correctly. Im not tryin to push my views on you im just coming across with a counter statement.

Yes i like Rex yes i like Mikey i for one feel that if anybody was out of line i would step up and admit it. You are entitled to your opinion 100% but as you have said that you dont like Rex and in my opinion i think you took his words to Mikey as too literal.

I would like to make a point im watching lastnights show and when Mikey came out after getting his head shaved and Mo walked over and slapped in him in the head technically that is physical violence but in the context of things people wouldnt see it that way because it is a joke.

You're posting that i'm 'cherry picking' with the purpose to make somebody look bad. It looks quite obvious to me that you are trying to push your view of my post onto my post.

That mo and mikey incident was taken as a joke but bb still called him in to discuss it. Which is exactly my point. BB say they are taking zero tolerance this year, in many examples they have but on this example of what rex said and other incidents bb does nothing at all, so how is this zero tolerance.

Tyler if you were trying to wake me up in the morning which would be a hard task as i'm a lazy sod in the mornings, and i threatened to urinate on you in your sleep, do you think you'd be happy with that?

its a difference between a physical act which BB gave Mo an opportunity to apologise for, and a joke/playful threat and counterthreat.

.. and i threatened to urinate on you in your sleep, do you think you'd be happy with that?
    if YOU did it? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Mr.FuknDedlyGuy

You're posting that i'm 'cherry picking' with the purpose to make somebody look bad. It looks quite obvious to me that you are trying to push your view of my post onto my post.

That mo and mikey incident was taken as a joke but bb still called him in to discuss it. Which is exactly my point. BB say they are taking zero tolerance this year, in many examples they have but on this example of what rex said and other incidents bb does nothing at all, so how is this zero tolerance.

Tyler if you were trying to wake me up in the morning which would be a hard task as i'm a lazy sod in the mornings, and i threatened to urinate on you in your sleep, do you think you'd be happy with that?

i think that rex "urinating" on mikey would be hilarious to be honest. dats gud tv. he is a genious. ps if u threatend to urinate on me id be wel up 4 it. especially if u wer rex.

zuroph wrote: »
    if YOU did it? ;)

No need to air your bedtime preferences here!!! ;)

I know that there is a difference between a threat and actually doing the act, in this case a huge difference. What i'm saying is a threat is still a threat and if threats from one member of the house are allowed to other members then how is the house in a zero tolerance policy. Alex was reprimanded twice for her insults and verbal threats to other housemates before the gangster incident. Are bb allowing threats now for good viewing?

well mikey was THREATENING to break a rule. rex was only responding to that. but because the show has been slow lately, and the sight of a blind man wandering around with a jug of water appeals to BB, they've let that slide. BB will allow stuff to happen if they want to, and intervene only when it benefits them/they REALLY need to. Its their show, and they can manipulate how they want. Sure rex has been attacking psychologically, but within the rules of the house, and never lets it get too far. this "threat" was CLEARLY not serious. If it was, BB would take action. but they know he wouldnt ever do it.

Your actually gonna think im joking when im sayin this but if you said that to me or something like if you come near me i will give you a box i would brush it off and laugh becuase i know its a joke.

Im a mischieous fcuker i like messing around and having a laugh if you seen some of the jokes and things i play on my friends and my friends play on me you wouldnt believe it.

I think im gonna have to leave it at this because this is goin nowhere you cant seem to have a debate or discussion anymore.

tbh it doesn't seem like a debate at all just you telling me what you think i'm saying. If you want to continue it please take it to pm.

Zuroph you're hitting the nail on the head. There is no house rules or zero tolerance policy that bb won't allow to be broken if it suits them. I think this is unfair to the viewers and to the housemates. Its not really a contest in which public votes decide the outcome if bb allows some housemates to do one thing and not others.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

I know that there is a difference between a threat and actually doing the act, in this case a huge difference. What i'm saying is a threat is still a threat and if threats from one member of the house are allowed to other members then how is the house in a zero tolerance policy. Alex was reprimanded twice for her insults and verbal threats to other housemates before the gangster incident. Are bb allowing threats now for good viewing?

Rex's threat was an empty one, everyone with a head on them can see that. Mikey on the other hand is going around advertising the fact that he will pour water over anyone who is sleeping, which he has done before. Any degree of personal contact which may cause apprehension on the part of the victim can be interpreted as common assault. Mikey is the one BB should be talking to. Try walking into your nearest Garda station and throwing a pint of water in the face of the first Garda you meet and see what happens.

viewers still have the ultimate power. if they disagree with BB, they'll vote out the person at some stage. BB can only prolong the process so they get the viewers in. fair enough, they've money to make. I like BB, i hate that its became cool to hate the show, and i understand the work that goes into it, I dont want it to end any year soon! so if this is what they need to do, fair enough. I hate that mikey gets away with the water, but theres nothing i can do about it til he's up for nomination (if we could vote!!).

• Advertisement

tbh it doesn't seem like a debate at all just you telling me what you think i'm saying. If you want to continue it please take it to pm.

Zuroph you're hitting the nail on the head. There is no house rules or zero tolerance policy that bb won't allow to be broken if it suits them. I think this is unfair to the viewers and to the housemates. Its not really a contest in which public votes decide the outcome if bb allows some housemates to do one thing and not others.

I surrender you win :rolleyes:

viewers still have the ultimate power. if they disagree with BB, they'll vote out the person at some stage. BB can only prolong the process so they get the viewers in. fair enough, they've money to make. I like BB, i hate that its became cool to hate the show, and i understand the work that goes into it, I dont want it to end any year soon! so if this is what they need to do, fair enough. I hate that mikey gets away with the water, but theres nothing i can do about it til he's up for nomination (if we could vote!!).

I get your point and agree with it in part but i think bb not sticking to their own rules will drive a number of viewers away, which in turn will lower ratings. The lower the ratings get the less chance there is of it returning next season and we'll be left with failte towers for our reality tv needs

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Oh god Rex is at it again. How does he escape nomination is beyond me.

Next week must surely see Rex V Nicole.

sometimes i wish there was a thumbs down button.
    theres been plenty of able bodied guys in there, and no knocking of grins. Mikey is asking for it, just cos he's blind doesnt excuse him being a prick.

Thumbs down would be cool. :P

Mikey may be a prick but Rex is by far a bigger prick :D

:rolleyes: moh stole his cider.

Oh noooooooooooo

Would love to see rex vs nicole!!! I think nicole would be nicer without nicole and rex is better without her.

:rolleyes: moh stole his cider.
    Did he steal them?

darnell said he could have his 2, and mo took rexs one as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

They were both Rex's ciders.;)

• Advertisement

Did mo realise or was it a mistake/misunderstanding?

Advertisement