Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else sick of Rex's behavior?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

C4:

The saga over Rex's missing cider continues as he and Mohamed lock horns...

It seems strange that although confined to such a small space, arguments quite often get out of perspective. And the row over the cider has grown like some 1950s B-movie monster. "It wasn't even Mo's turn to have them," griped Rex as the housemates ate a late lunch. "Mo shouldn't have had any cider and then to have five ciders is a **** take."

"I didn't have five ciders," replied Mohamed angrily. "Don't ******* accuse me of having five ciders. I had three ciders that were given to me by Lisa that were given to her by Darnell." "The point is it wasn't done intentionally," said Lisa trying to calm the situation. "I've had enough problems with you as it is Rex. I don't want any more."

But Rex's knickers were most definitely in a twist, so he headed out into the Garden with Nicole.
    "There's no point getting upset about it, because it's done. I'm not happy, but I'm not going to get into a big argument," said Nicole. "He's a greedy, greedy *******!" said Rex, "I can't wait to go inside and call him greedy Mo."

And the chance for another confrontation came sooner than he expected as Mohamed walked out into the Garden.
    "Thanks for calling me a thief," Mohamed shouted over to him.
    "What do you mean?" replied Rex, "you're more than a thief, dude." More 'he said, she said' arguments followed and eventually, Rex walked off with Nicole in tow. "whatever, I'm not really bothered," she sighed as she turned her back.

And then the argument went back inside...
    "What you should have said Mo was 'sorry for drinking your cider'," stated Rex, "but you're not a gentleman so you don't understand about those things. You're just greedy." "I can't be ****** with you," replied Mohamed lazily. "You know what - calling me thief and calling me greedy, you don't even know what actually happened." :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

good on mo for not lowering himself to abusing others.

I do see rexs point here well kind of, if my drink was nicked and i couldn't get anymore i'd be a bit miffed but you shouldn't call people a thief if you don't know for a fact that they are.

So did mo have the three or did he have five? Ie did he actually do it?

I think Lisa had 3 and Mo had 2 , don't quote me on that though because I missed the Vital part of the argument tonight.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

that write up by BB leaves out the most important part outside, its quite biased. outside, rex and nicole were there, and mo comes out. the greedy mo comment ensues. they recount how mo asked darnell if he had any cider left. darnell said "yeah, i have 2, you cna have them" , mo goes inside and lisa gives him 3. he never asks where the 3rd one comes from. he then says that darnell never said only 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

so he has 3 plus his own 2? he did have the 5? i'm raging i missed this, thanks for catching me up lads and lassies ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

did he have his own 2 as well? I do not know. but if he did, then yeah, he had 5. and therefore lied.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

The small stuff in there is like the worst thing in the world when your in that enviroment i could imagine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Virgolass

I have to say there are times with Rex (particularly when he's squabbling with his whingess, or worse still, stuck to her face) when I'd like to put my fist through the TV. But I have to say, if he wasn't in the house there'd be very little left worth watching. Get Nicole OUT!!!:mad: She makes me FURIOUS!!!!

Virgolass wrote: »
    I have to say there are times with Rex (particularly when he's squabbling with his whingess, or worse still, stuck to her face) when I'd like to put my fist through the TV. But I have to say, if he wasn't in the house there'd be very little left worth watching. Get Nicole OUT!!!:mad: She makes me FURIOUS!!!!

Welcome to the forum great second post :D yes she is very infuriating!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭The Little Guy

The wo of them should go..

please C4 put an end to the Posh & Rex show....

Would make great TV though, if they were up for eviction against each other

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭HoneyButterfly

Virgolass wrote: »
    Get Nicole OUT!!!:mad: She makes me FURIOUS!!!!

Hmm she's not that bad. Why does she make you furious? I actually think Rex is more bareable with her in there. Because he spends all his time being paradnoid over her, fawning all over her, or bossing her about. He doesn't spend as much time being so rude to everyone and winding them up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

I think Mo is finally copping on to what a backstabbing cnut rex has been to him. Very cowardly of Rex to go into the house and claim that Mo didn't say thanks (when we all heard he did) to try and stir up the greedy Mo image he seems so keen to create.

I think Mo is finally copping on to what a backstabbing cnut rex has been to him. Very cowardly of Rex to go into the house and claim that Mo didn't say thanks (when we all heard he did) to try and stir up the greedy Mo image he seems so keen to create.

He is playing to an audience ( US ) that he imagines are going along with it and enjoying it.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Roses are red

I hope Nicole goes out soon cant stand her. Rex is such a pain saying Mo didnt say thanks.

I hope Nicole goes out soon cant stand her. Rex is such a pain saying Mo didnt say thanks.

She is VILE and while she is in there he is VILE.
    I don't like Rex because of his Mean comments , but the funny moments that he caused were laugh out loud and that all stopped the second she walked through the door.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

does nobody think nicole is nice enough, i don't think she's too spoilt at all, rex is trying to beat her down mentally, he so threatening, freak, pyschological abusing her he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

This quote is from a DS poster, I'm a Rex fan (and I think he's by far the best housemate this year) but I can't really argue that this post nails him.
    DSPoster wrote:
    The thing that many people seem to have lost sight of in the general rush to abhor/defend Rex and his car crash of a relationship is that for 7 weeks or so the picture that we had of him was that he was a man with the world at his feet: a lot of money, a great career, fantastic friends and an enviable social life.... but at the top of this pyramid was this beautiful, amazing, wonderful, perfect 10 of a girlfriend.

This was who he told us he was.

We can only infer how good Rex is at cooking, how much he actually owns of Daddy's business and just how "crazy" these three night benders are. Because these are all out in the real world. What we do know is that far from having an amazing relationship with this incredible practically mythic beauty, what he actually has is a desperate, painful, utterly loveless mismatch with - I think we're all agreed (even Rex's staunchest supporters) - a rather selfish, nasty amusingly average looking North London teenager.

He has gone from eulogising her and their life together to making back-of-the-hand excuses for her petulance and quietly agreeing with Kat’s tacit condemnation of her attitude.

Does anyone not agree with me that this is rather tragic? Whatever the moral implications of BB’s unique decision to bring Rex’s personal life into the house, the social and psychological revelations are, I think, fascinating.

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t think that Rex’s prior delusions about Nicole imply that everything he has told us about his life is nonsense. We know from tabloid stories that restaurants exist and belong to his family. But my God, if this so-called relationship was the most important thing in his life, then, how utterly bankrupt must his friendships be? How completely devoid of love and affection from his circle of friends must he be? How empty and unfulfilled must he feel in a career that he knows he has by birth rather than merit?

So I don’t get the people that support Rex. And I don’t speak as one hates him per se. Unlike many on this forum, I watch intrigued by the dissection of such a superficial relationship the like of which I’ve never seen on TV before. I will remember BB – like his staunchest admirers – for him and him alone. But admire him? Like him? Respect him???

Surely anyone who feels any positive feelings for Rex is simply someone who has been taken in by the acting of someone who loathes himself and his life so much that he feels the need to lie about it on such a monumental scale. Rex hates himself. And he's cursed by being intelligent enough to see through his own attempts at self-deception. Is that really who we want as our winner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

it makes me wonder.... if she wasnt in the house, ch4 wouldnt be showing clips of him discussing their relationship and her attitude etc, because they never show anyone talking about someone from the outside world.

but now that shes a housemate, they can show it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I often thought that too. How shallow and sad is his life really. Loads of money which doesn't bring him fulfillment and a spoilt girlfriend who is clearly only with him for the lifestyle he brings her. He once said he had only one genuine male friend-i wonder if he was the one who sold the Vegas story to the press? Before Nicole entered the press he described her as an 'amazing person', how is she and amazing person????? An amazingly vain, spoilt, selfish person in my opinion. Only 19 yes but I doubt her personality is going to change now. If his business went bankrupt in the morning how long would she be around?

Rex's exit music has to be " YOUR SO VAIN ":D

• Advertisement

I wouldnt be surprised!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Surely anyone who feels any positive feelings for Rex is simply someone who has been taken in by the acting of someone who loathes himself and his life so much that he feels the need to lie about it on such a monumental scale. Rex hates himself. And he's cursed by being intelligent enough to see through his own attempts at self-deception. Is that really who we want as our winner?

I agree with all that. I said a few weeks back that I thought the guy had really serious issues and I still think so.

I think that's why he picks on Rachel more than anyone. She's a girl with a happy life with many friends and a boyfriend who adores her, while he's a guy who despite all his wealth and achievements has admitted to thinking poorly of himself, has said he doesn't have many friends, and who has a girlfriend who is almost always at loggerheads with him.

Rachel has the happy life he wants but which his bling can't buy.

I still don't believe Rex really dislikes Rachel. I think he winds her up to get a reaction. I think if he'd wanted her to go over Stu he would've said so. I think Rachel knows rightly well he's just messing with her. I think when she gets out she'll say so.He was winding Kat up yesterday telling her she was lazy but then said 'I'M JOKING!' Poor Kat was all hot and bothered.

^^^^^

Rex had said earlier in the week that he thought that she might go but that he didnt want her to go.

I know a few people that go on a bit like Rex with all the wind ups, they only do it to people they like and feel comfortable with. Nobody takes it to heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭HoneyButterfly

does nobody think nicole is nice enough, i don't think she's too spoilt at all, rex is trying to beat her down mentally, he so threatening, freak, pyschological abusing her he is.
    I agree with you on that. She's not fantastic now, but I've nothing against her. Rex definitely tries to make her look like a spoilt little b****. The only way I see that he spoils her is with his money. And I'd say he's so flash with his money that he wouldn't have it any other way anyway. She's in university, so not earning. I'm not saying if she had a job she wouldn't let Rex spend money on her...but the money issue is the only way I see her being spoilt. He says she doesn't do anything for him, but what exactly does he want?! Someone to worship him, and adore his every move?! ffs! He has to be the boss of everything and everyone. And if he's not he kicks off big time. eg of this is the high heel situation. He got majorly peed off over his gf wearing heels. I've went out with a bf who was about the same height as me when I had heels on, and I'm very short like so its worse in my case (Nicole's a tall girl). But he never begrudged me wearing heels on a night out. I'm sure he would have rathered I didn't, and I knew this so sometimes I didn't wear them. But he never asked me not too, or never let it be an issue. Rex's reaction showed me what a fuppin a**hole Rex is to his girlfriend.

I'm delighted that Rex showed himself to be a total hypocrite this week.

He slated Rachel in front of everyone for siding with her friends in the cake task yet he did the very same himself in the chewing gum task with Nicole and Sara when it was known by everyone that he was going to pick his girlfriend no matter what.

Then he went and paid £150 purely for his girlfriend's needs and he even admitted it to her in the garden.

Absolute stinking hypocrisy from a stinking individual. I hope this tosser rejoins his miserable girlfriend soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

He's digging his own grave by treating Kat like that. No wonder he has no mates.

LOL at Darnell getting smaller and smaller beside Rex as he talks about Nicole liking Darnell.
    Darnell nominated her , if he had curled up anymore he'd have been back in the womb.:D

• Advertisement

Extraordinary damage limitation from Rexy.

'Nicole was quite nasty to you all.'

What, unlike your lovely self eh Rex? :rolleyes:

Advertisement