Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else sick of Rex's behavior?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Some people seem to think the show is Big Bully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

The issue of whose picture was the best is irrelevant since the contest was effectively decided beforehand. Would you try hard to win a contest you knew you wouldn't win? No.

I love how you justify his unfair behaviour yet again though tyler. Kudos. :cool:

That has nothing to do with it it was never decided before hand because he would never have gotten away with giving the win to an inferior picture!

Spin Spin Spin eh i would seriously like to live in that world!

Whos picture was the best?

Thats what the task was about answer that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Some people seem to think the show is Big Bully.
    Yea, sounds good.

Some people think the show is Big Bore.

That has nothing to do with it it was never decided before hand because he would never have gotten away with giving the win to an inferior picture!

Spin Spin Spin eh i would seriously like to live in that world!

Thats what the task was about answer that.

Watch the clip I posted again.

Sara: "He'll do it fairly."

Darnell: "Shut the f*ck up, I wouldn't expect him to."

Of course he would have gotten away with it. Rex and Nicole had way too much influence in that house. The rest of them were intimidated by the pair.

As I said before the contest was made a sham as his girlfriend and him had decided the result beforehand and no one else expected anything but a Nicole/Sara win.

• Advertisement

Watch the clip I posted again.

Sara: "He'll do it fairly."

Darnell: "Shut the f*ck up, I wouldn't expect him to."

Of course he would have gotten away with it. Rex and Nicole had way too much influence in that house. The rest of them were intimidated by the pair.

As I said before the contest was made a sham as his girlfriend and him had decided the result beforehand and no one else expected anything but a Nicole/Sara win.

Man your like Neo from the Matrix at dodgeing stuff!

Yeah one person said something different than the other, one said he will one said he wont.

For like the fourth time simple question answer this whos picture was the best?

Nicole had no influence in that house and to say that is laughable only with Rex maybe.

Man your like Neo from the Matrix at dodgeing stuff!

Yeah one person said something different than the other, one said he will one said he wont.

For like the fourth time simple question answer this whos picture was the best?

Nicole had no influence in that house and to say that is laughable only with Rex maybe.

Believe me your dodging skills are unequaled!

The issue of whose painting was the best is IRRELEVENT since the contest itself was a SHAM.

As I said before, you wouldn't put any effort into a contest you had no hope of winning so the Nicole/Sara win was a hollow victory.

And Nicorex had plenty of influence in that house. She was throwing her weight around like she'd been in there since the beginning. Darnell said as much when speaking to Mo.

Believe me your dodging skills are unequaled!

The issue of whose painting was the best is IRRELEVENT since the contest itself was a SHAM.

As I said before, you wouldn't put any effort into a contest you had no hope of winning so the Nicole/Sara win was a hollow victory.

And Nicorex had plenty of influence in that house. She was throwing her weight around like she'd been in there since the beginning. Darnell said as much when speaking to Mo.

You are officially a

You say people didnt put any effort into it well they did because everybody done the task if we wanna go by your skewed logic then Nicole/Sara shouldnt of even bothered as you said it was in the bag.

She had no influence because she shouted and screamed at people didnt give her control Mo stood up to her and Mikey stood up to her.

Why wont you answer my question really easy question! Whos picture was the best?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

I was of the understanding that the whole Rex fanboy thing was like: 'we know he's a cnut, but we love him for it'. I don't understand now how people are trying to rationalise his cnutish ways,as it's kinda a contradiction as to why he was suppose to be so uber cool.

At the end of the day, the chap's a mug. He has shown himself to be a bully, a coward, a liar, a control freak, an last but certainly not least, a massive hypocrite.

Look, we all thought faded denim was cool in the 80's. Most of us have realised how shocingly wrong we were. Rex was likable for about a day 6 weeks ago. People need to get over him at this stage.

You are officially a

I'm a what? A sexy beast? I know that. :D
    You say people didnt put any effort into it well they did because everybody done the task if we wanna go by your skewed logic then Nicole/Sara shouldnt of even bothered as you said it was in the bag.

My logic isn't skewed at all. Who out of the following are more than likely to try and put effort into a task...

A group which knows it's going to win and has something to look forward to

or...

A group which knows even if they produced a Michaelangelo-esque work of art they would still lose?

If you went with the second option you'd be wrong!
    She had no influence because she shouted and screamed at people didnt give her control Mo stood up to her and Mikey stood up to her.

Why wont you answer my question really easy question! Whos picture was the best?

She had influence as even Rex remarked how when she was told she was going no one went to hug her because they were all so scared of her!

As I've said ad nauseum the picture contest was a sham as only one group put an effort into it - the one which knew they were going to win.

You know full well Rex wouldn't have given the victory to another group no matter what so your attempts to defend his behaviour seem a bit much.

• Advertisement

I'm a what? A sexy beast? I know that. :D

My logic isn't skewed at all. Who out of the following are more than likely to try and put effort into a task...

A group which knows it's going to win and has something to look forward to

or...

A group which knows even if they produced a Michaelangelo-esque work of art they would still lose?

If you went with the second option you'd be wrong!

She had influence as even Rex remarked how when she was told she was going no one went to hug her because they were all so scared of her!

As I've said ad nauseum the picture contest was a sham as only one group put an effort into it - the one which knew they were going to win.

You know full well Rex wouldn't have given the victory to another group no matter what so your attempts to defend his behaviour seem a bit much.

You can Spin Spin Spin all the way till the cows come home! :rolleyes:

You can Spin Spin Spin all the way till the cows come home! :rolleyes:

LOL. You love our banter really. ;)

No i hate you, you make baby jesus cry and make people smash monitors :P ;)

The argument got a little micro there so ye's can get bogged down in tiny things like that forever.

For me it boils down to this. I watch the show for entertainment. If someone is entertaining (without it being contrived like rebecca getting her tits out and jumping in the pool) then I want them there for the whole show. I couldn't give a toss if it's at the expense of anyone/everyone else's feelings etc.

As I've said before, Alex is the extreme of this where she just becomes completely annoying but Rex manages to be a dick and not annoy me.

Some people don't like him but I don't understand anyone who says he hasn't been entertaining throughout (least of all when his girlfriend was there, though).

Hell, if he was in my group of friends I'de ****in hate him, but Big Brother isn't real life so I judge him in the same way I'de judge any character on a TV show. He provides an ample amount of conflict and laughs to keep me interested so that's why I'm not sick of his behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

The argument got a little micro there so ye's can get bogged down in tiny things like that forever.

For me it boils down to this. I watch the show for entertainment. If someone is entertaining (without it being contrived like rebecca getting her tits out and jumping in the pool) then I want them there for the whole show. I couldn't give a toss if it's at the expense of anyone/everyone else's feelings etc.

As I've said before, Alex is the extreme of this where she just becomes completely annoying but Rex manages to be a dick and not annoy me.

Some people don't like him but I don't understand anyone who says he hasn't been entertaining throughout (least of all when his girlfriend was there, though).

Hell, if he was in my group of friends I'de ****in hate him, but Big Brother isn't real life so I judge him in the same way I'de judge any character on a TV show. He provides an ample amount of conflict and laughs to keep me interested so that's why I'm not sick of his behaviour.

l could never quite put my finger on who Rex reminded
    me of untill l read your post , about the TV character .
    Now l know.
    REX is JR.:eek::D

JR... it's on the tip of me brain but I can't think of who that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

JR EWING in DALLAS.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

at the end of the day, rex has had me laughing hard way more than anyone else on there, for sheer entertainment value, he's number one IMO. no1 else in there has been interesting in weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I loved JR - he was a likeable b*****d. 'Dallas' would've been nothing without him. :)

Clearly Nicole and Sara's picture was the best. It's pointless arguing about what he would've done if it wasn't..because we'll never know.Nicole may have been sure he'd let her win before they'd even started however I'd have been amazed if he'd picked it if it had've been crap after announcing he wouldn't do a 'Rachel'.
    When Rachel picked the cake that was clearly worse than the other one she made a mistake in fibbing about her reasons imo. She should've come clean and said 'Look at the f*uckin state of it,I'm sorry but I hadn't the heart to pick the other one.' I think she did what she did because she was too soft to pick the other one.
    People are saying 'Rex has a cheek for picking Nicole's picture after giving out to Rachel for her cake decision'. One was clearly better, and one very clearly the worst. The two situations are totally different.

• Advertisement

Ann22 wrote: »
    Clearly Nicole and Sara's picture was the best. It's pointless arguing about what he would've done if it wasn't..because we'll never know.Nicole may have been sure he'd let her win before they'd even started however I'd have been amazed if he'd picked it if it had've been crap after announcing he wouldn't do a 'Rachel'.

If you watch the clip I posted it's clear the contest was decided beforehand with his girlfriend saying they were going to party and him smiling and admitting as much.
    Ann22 wrote:
    When Rachel picked the cake that was clearly worse than the other one she made a mistake in fibbing about her reasons imo. She should've come clean and said 'Look at the f*uckin state of it,I'm sorry but I hadn't the heart to pick the other one.' I think she did what she did because she was too soft to pick the other one.
    People are saying 'Rex has a cheek for picking Nicole's picture after giving out to Rachel for her cake decision'. One was clearly better, and one very clearly the worst. The two situations are totally different.

The situations are only different in the minds of those with skewed and biased views.

He lambasted Rachel for apparent favouritism and went on to do the same on two separate occasions with his own girlfriend.

If Rachel had suggested she was going to pick the hell side before the task had begun there would have been uproar from Rex, and from his supporters too I bet. Clearly it's one rule for some and another rule for others eh?

He lambasted Rachel for apparent favouritism and went on to do the same on two separate occasions with his own girlfriend.
    again, so what, if he can get away with it, more power to him.

zuroph wrote: »
    again, so what, if he can get away with it, more power to him.

So what? LOL. It's called hypocrisy. Most people would object to this kind of thing.

So what? LOL. It's called hypocrisy. Most people would object to this kind of thing.
    its not, because its a game show!!!! theres a prize to outlast the others! so one rule for urself, and one rule for everyone else is fine!!!

its not, because its a game show!!!! theres a prize to outlast the others! so one rule for urself, and one rule for everyone else is fine!!!

Uh, wha? Yeah it's a game show but they all have to live in there together. Not only that, the ultimate point of the game is to gain acceptance from the public so whatever way you look at it, being a hypocrite is not only wrong but counter-productive.

Uh, wha? Yeah it's a game show but they all have to live in there together. Not only that, the ultimate point of the game is to gain acceptance from the public so whatever way you look at it, being a hypocrite is not only wrong but counter-productive.
    I know plenty of people accepting rex with open arms. I much prefer him to some fake nicey nicey in there.

I know plenty of people accepting rex with open arms. I much prefer him to some fake nicey nicey in there.

The public at large don't seem to be accepting him too well and according to you it's all about the game. Whoopsie! I don't know why you would like him when you said before he wasn't a guy you'd like to hang out with in real life.

I'd much rather root for someone that would actually be decent and respectful.

"Hey Rex I loved you in BB mind if I get a picture taken with you?"

"What? Uh no I have, like, a magazine deal with Nicole in The Daily Star so I'm not allowed to."

"Oh that's pretty sh*tty Rex."

"Well I'm a fairly sh*tty guy."

Still, I suppose you could add it to the Rexism thread. :pac:

The situations are only different in the minds of those with skewed and biased views.

Rex picked the best picture. Rachel picked the worst cake. Different scenarios. Those are the facts. End of..... I didn't however agree with him picking Nicole for the lead in the Thriller task though someone said she's a dancer.
    I havedefended and criticized Rex in the past as had other people on this forum.You never see anything good in him at all-to me that's a tad biased. I can see unfairness and ignorant behaviour when its in front of me. I for one was mad with Rex on many occasions when Nicole was in the house, he stood up for her when he shouldn't, he let her badmouth other housemates as it made his life easier whereas up 'til that he definitely wasn't one of the bitches in the house,however he has made the series so watchable for me and many others. I can detach myself from a situation and judge people for what I see and I see a person that isn't acting for the cameras, is ignorant at times but so funny.
    I think we should just agree to differ.

The public at large don't seem to be accepting him too well and according to you it's all about the game. Whoopsie! I don't know why you would like him when you said before he wasn't a guy you'd like to hang out with in real life.
    last poll i saw, 35% of the public listed him as their most hated character. now that leaves 65% of the public who hate someone else more, and IMO rex is a love him or hate him character. Everyone iv talked to IRL likes him a lot.

also, i said i WOULDNT like to hang out with him? I'm sure i said the opposite. he's quite like my mates.

• Advertisement

last poll i saw, 35% of the public listed him as their most hated character. now that leaves 65% of the public who hate someone else more, and IMO rex is a love him or hate him character. Everyone iv talked to IRL likes him a lot.

also, i said i WOULDNT like to hang out with him? I'm sure i said the opposite. he's quite like my mates.
    Don't think you did say that, it was Call me Jimmy on previous page.

Advertisement