Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else sick of Rex's behavior?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ann22 wrote: »
    Rex picked the best picture. Rachel picked the worst cake. Different scenarios. Those are the facts. End of..... I didn't however agree with him picking Nicole for the lead in the Thriller task though someone said she's a dancer.

Different situations but the same scenario. Nicorex had the gum contest decided before it even happened. That was a disgrace and far worse than what Rachel did. She acted out of the goodness of her heart, he acted out of pure selfishness on two occasions.
    Ann22 wrote:
    I havedefended and criticized Rex in the past as had other people on this forum.You never see anything good in him at all-to me that's a tad biased. I can see unfairness and ignorant behaviour when its in front of me. I for one was mad with Rex on many occasions when Nicole was in the house, he stood up for her when he shouldn't, he let her badmouth other housemates as it made his life easier whereas up 'til that he definitely wasn't one of the bitches in the house,however he has made the series so watchable for me and many others. I can detach myself from a situation and judge people for what I see and I see a person that isn't acting for the cameras, is ignorant at times but so funny.
    I think we should just agree to differ.

I'm not biased. I actually was disgusted at how he was treated by the Whisper Club in the early weeks and I really liked it when he stood up to bullies like Alex and Jen. Then he became a bully himself and started picking on the likes of Rachel, Mikey, Mo, Sara, and well pretty much everyone. Then his hag of a girlfriend went in and he was even worse. The guy in my opinion is a waster and I will point out his hypocrisy and arrogance because it's the right thing to do. I wish others would do so more often and not defend every little thing he does (this isn't necessarily directed at you)
    zuroph wrote:
    last poll i saw, 35% of the public listed him as their most hated character. now that leaves 65% of the public who hate someone else more,

WTF?! Oh man that's priceless. :D
    zuroph wrote:
    Everyone iv talked to IRL likes him a lot.

Well then let's discount Paddy Power and William Hill and listen to zuroph and his pals. :pac:
    zuroph wrote:
    also, i said i WOULDNT like to hang out with him? I'm sure i said the opposite. he's quite like my mates.

Didn't you say before that he's not a guy you'd like to know in real life? Maybe it was someone else I can't remember.

With respect though, and I'm sure you're a good guy in real life, I doubt he'd give you the time of day as he doesn't seem to care about anyone but himself and his gf. In fact I think he's said he doesn't have many friends, only her.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TheBigFella

The situations are only different in the minds of those with skewed and biased views.

Pot Kettle Black

take your head out of Rachels rear end.

Ann22, 100% agree with you, pass no remarks of Mrs. Nice Guy, must be time of the month or something:eek::eek:

Pot Kettle Black

Ann22, 100% agree with you, pass no remarks of Mrs. Nice Guy, must be time of the month or something:eek::eek:

The search for a new George Carlin is over. Truly Oscar Wilde-like wit there my man! A time of the month gag coupled with 'Mrs Nice Guy'. You are a treasure indeed.

PS Nice avatar. Were you not able to be more original? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Pot Kettle Black

You're a brave lad starting a slagging match with MNG.You'll be up half the night.:D:D:D:D

Ann22 wrote: »
    You're a brave lad starting a slagging match with MNG.You'll be up half the night.:D:D:D:D

:eek:The cheek of you Ann! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

WTF?! Oh man that's priceless. :D
    why is that hilarious. 35% had him as most hated. 65% had someone else. thats the bit you quoted???

Rex is never going to win BB, i know this, and paddy power knows this. But the guy has been the best thing about this series, and without him, itd be d worst series yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

:eek:The cheek of you Ann! :P

I know what you're like Mr argue them all into submission with my sharp tongue Guy.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

zuroph wrote: »
    why is that hilarious. 35% had him as most hated. 65% had someone else. thats the bit you quoted???

Rex is never going to win BB, i know this, and paddy power knows this. But the guy has been the best thing about this series, and without him, itd be d worst series yet.

Without him the series would have gone along the same
    lines , just someone with a personality similar would have been in his place and we would be blissfully unaware of him and his GF , there are plenty of people out there that will cause controversy in BB , remember Victor and Jason , Achmed , Makosi and Jade.
    My point is if Rex was not in there someone equally controversial would be there in his place.

Come on man you are using that as the basis that the public accept Rex? The bookmakers don't rate his chances, the papers have been calling him all the names under the sun, the people who attend the evictions, admittedly I don't like these types, have been chanting for him to be evicted.

Face it, the Nicorex relationship and his inconsiderate ways have ruined his chances. I don't think he's been the best thing about the series, in fact I think his relationship was poisonous to the show as a whole. Hopefully things can now get back on track.
    Ann22 wrote:
    I know what you're like Mr argue them all into submission with my sharp tongue Guy.:D

Ann don't blame me if everyone else are wrong. LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Ann you have made some fantastic points there alot of what i wanted to say but couldnt think of at the time :D

• Advertisement

Come on man you are using that as the basis that the public accept Rex? 1)The bookmakers don't rate his chances, the papers have been calling him all the names under 2)the sun, the people who attend the evictions, admittedly I don't like these types, have been chanting for him to be evicted.

3)Face it, the Nicorex relationship and his inconsiderate ways have ruined his chances. I don't think he's been the best thing about the series, in fact I think his relationship was poisonous to the show as a whole. Hopefully things can now get back on track.
    1) Bookies are right, he wont win, but i think he's been villianated too much by......
    2) excuse the pun eh? ;) they have a target market to sell to, and who better to target than the bully who is rich. same paper carried a "proud to be chav" badge for 6 months.
    3) Re- read, I have accepted he wont win. but just cos he wont win doesnt mean i cant like the guy.

Ann i think it was made a good point earlier, in that clip you posted he even said himself in front of everyone that he wouldnt do a Rachel so if he was gonna go back on that he would of been ripped to pieces in the house and he wasnt!

Mr Nice Guy you say people have been chanting for Rex to go yes they have but they have also been bad for Rachel when she was up she got some savage boos and that is fact!

No spin no nothing you cant argue that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Tyler,
    its not impossible for Rex to win - he obviously has no chance in a Negative (who goes you decide?) poll against almost anyone, with his 35% hate rating, so if he is up this week he is fcuked. Hence his 15/1 odds on Betfair.

However if he isn't up this Friday and if next Fridays is the last negative eviction, then the situation changes dramatically.

On a positive (who wins you decide?) vote he has strong support (MNG might think its misguided), but you only have to read a few threads here to see how many people support him.

Come the final week the 'nice people' vote may be split enough between Mikey, Rachel, Lisa and Kat to allow Rex to win it with a very low overall %, something in the mid to high 20% may well be enough.

He's by no means the worst 15/1 shot I've seen (I got on at 35/1 myself during the Nicorex weeks).

Tyler,
    its not impossible for Rex to win - he obviously has no chance in a Negative (who goes you decide?) poll against almost anyone, with his 35% hate rating, so if he is up this week he is fcuked. Hence his 15/1 odds on Betfair.

However if he isn't up this Friday and if next Fridays is the last negative eviction, then the situation changes dramatically.

On a positive (who wins you decide?) vote he has strong support (MNG might think its misguided), but you only have to read a few threads here to see how many people support him.

Come the final week the 'nice people' vote may be split enough between Mikey, Rachel, Lisa and Kat to allow Rex to win it with a very low overall %, something in the mid to high 20% may well be enough.

He's by no means the worst 15/1 shot I've seen (I got on at 35/1 myself during the Nicorex weeks).
    nice post, something id thought about but too complicated to put down! vote saturation is great. the one thing i wonder about is a mid week surprise eviction the week of the final. rex could quite likely end up in this. guess we'll see what BB has in mind. the thing with this is ;

If Rex wins, its going to piss off a lot of BBs target audience, and could be the nail in the coffin for the show. there'd be claims of rigging etc. when in reality, itd be down to what you described above. he'd be the most hated winner of all time, great stuff!! :D

interesting, kat has fallen to 8-1 on PP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

well if an arrogant, stuck up, ginger, bully of a control freak chef takes the prize home ahead of a blind honest entertaining man, then it says it all about the voteing public.

forgot- cheating chef.............

the one thing i wonder about is a mid week surprise eviction the week of the final. rex could quite likely end up in this. guess we'll see what BB has in mind. the thing with this is ;

If Rex wins, its going to piss off a lot of BBs target audience, and could be the nail in the coffin for the show. there'd be claims of rigging etc. when in reality, itd be down to what you described above. he'd be the most hated winner of all time, great stuff!! :D

I totally agree with this and its why I am not topping up at 15/1. The people in charge would I think a) be very wary of having him as a winner and b) find him much more useful as an audience grabbing solo evictee somewhere down the line.
    Its not as if anyone is going to tune in especially for a Sara or Mo eviction on a Wednesday, so Rex would be perfect for the producers.

Hence my 'bold ifs' in my prev post.

what has hair colour got to do with it?
    or being blind?!
    or someones profession?
    :rolleyes:

or being blind?!
    or someones profession?

ginger people are more agressive then others, blind because hes at a disadvantage to everyone else,and chef becuase he likes to think he can control the food buget and kitchen.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

or being blind?!
    or someones profession?

ignore nbp, I think he is trolling if you look at his post on the "worst BB ever" thread?

• Advertisement

ignore nbp, I think he is trolling if you look at his post on the "worst BB ever" thread?

why does everyone presume your 'trolling' just because you dont agree with what i say?!
    how am i trolling id like to know? i serously dont know what im doin wrong here.

ginger people are more agressive then others, blind because hes at a disadvantage to everyone else,and chef becuase he likes to think he can control the food buget and kitchen.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    why does everyone presume your 'trolling' just because you dont agree with what i say?!
    how am i trolling id like to know? i serously dont know what im doin wrong here.

ridiculous hearsay and borderline hairism!

well its in my opinion that hes more agressive then others.....and hes ginger! so.....................

Tyler,

You obviously put alot of work into that and it shows, nice post.

well if an arrogant, stuck up, ginger, bully of a control freak chef takes the prize home ahead of a blind honest entertaining man, then it says it all about the voteing public.

forgot- cheating chef.............

Racist :p

IL TELL YOU WHAT THE PROBLEM IS...... the public are evicting the ones who may stirr up some trouble, or provide entertainment in the form of a fight!!

and whats wrong ith that post? how is it trolling???

You obviously put alot of work into that and it shows, nice post.

Cheers, and playing 5x$16 turbo STTs on Stars whilst I wrote it, degeneracy rocks :pac:

NewBalls, apols, I'm prob wrong about you trolling.

and whats wrong ith that post? how is it trolling???
    just seems a bit hypocritical to ur anti-rex stance...

• Advertisement

just seems a bit hypocritical to ur anti-rex stance...

and is that what trolling is?!:rolleyes:
    IM NOT ANTI-REX, HE WAS EXCELLENT FOR THE SHOW. BUT.........
    theres a big difference between evicting people, and voteing for someone to win.
    my view is, i would have prefered to keep the entertaining characters in the show up until the end, of course there not going to win it, but the best few weeks of the show wer at the start of the series, when these controversial characters wer still in.

Advertisement