Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else sick of Rex's behavior?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

There is a poll a few threads down and if you view it Rex is top. Nearly double what Rachel has, with Mikey and Darnell pretty close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

There is a poll a few threads down and if you view it Rex is top. Nearly double what Rachel has, with Mikey and Darnell pretty close!

dont get me wrong, rex has been probably the best housemate to watch this series, for all different reasons.
    but he doesnt deserve to win the show, i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

theres a big difference between evicting people, and voteing for someone to win.
    my view is, i would have prefered to keep the entertaining characters in the show up until the end, of course there not going to win it, but the best few weeks of the show wer at the start of the series, when these controversial characters wer still in.

There was a thread here during Week1 when people asked how the prog could be improved, and I said that the single best change they could make would be positive 'who stays you decide?' voting from Week1 with a minimum 3 people up each week. It would remove the deadwood almost immediately.

I got shot down though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

and is that what trolling is?!:rolleyes:
    IM NOT ANTI-REX, HE WAS EXCELLENT FOR THE SHOW. BUT.........
    theres a big difference between evicting people, and voteing for someone to win.
    my view is, i would have prefered to keep the entertaining characters in the show up until the end, of course there not going to win it, but the best few weeks of the show wer at the start of the series, when these controversial characters wer still in.

Well in that case do ye not feel entertaining characters (again I stress, genuinely entertaining characters) deserve a vote to win as they have entertained you for the weeks and months?

Anyone can go in there and be nice if that is their goal, ye know?
    Being nice and working out problems in a perfectly calm manner at all times is great and all but if every house mate did that it would be the ****test show on earth.

dont get me wrong, rex has been probably the best housemate to watch this series, for all different reasons.
    but he doesnt deserve to win the show, i think.

That is one of the most crazy posts i have ever read. :eek: :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I totally agree with this and its why I am not topping up at 15/1. The people in charge would I think a) be very wary of having him as a winner and b) find him much more useful as an audience grabbing solo evictee somewhere down the line.
    Its not as if anyone is going to tune in especially for a Sara or Mo eviction on a Wednesday, so Rex would be perfect for the producers.

Hence my 'bold ifs' in my prev post.
    been thinking more about this. They say its going to be a surprise for the HMs. so there wont be nominations. which means they'll all be up.

I think BB has deliberately done this to get rid of rex and get him his own after show interview etc. if they are all up for eviction, and its who goes you decide, he'll go. :(

EDIT: think it might even be a double eviction, to make sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Here's the poll on the DS forum on their favourite housemate...

Darnell - 9.57% (121)
    Kathreya - 3.72% (47)
    Lisa - 10.83% (137)
    Michael - 9.33% (118)
    Mohamed - 4.03% (51)
    Rachel - 33.36% (422)
    Rex - 19.29% (244)
    Sara - 9.88% (125)

Rachel is nearly double what Rex is on that poll and there's far more members on that board.

Interesting isn't it how someone that's been accused of being boring by several people on this board can have so many fans!

Here's the poll on their least favourite housemate...

Darnell - 10.43% (125)
    Kathreya - 10.84% (130)
    Lisa - 10.59% (127)
    Michael - 18.27% (219)
    Mohamed - 7.09% (85)
    Rachel - 4.00% (48)
    Rex - 34.28% (411)
    Sara - 4.50% (54)

Rex is by far and away the most disliked and interestingly Rachel is the least disliked. Food for thought eh? :)

I suspect Rex is popular on this board because there's that many threads cheerleading him.

I look forward to tomorrow's thread...

Who would win in a round the world race?

Superman
    The Flash
    Rex

Vote now!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Rachel polls very well, she is leading here as well.
    http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/polls/index.php

Mikey polls very poorly for a short priced fav.
    But I think he might pick up the 'awww isnt he cute vote' on the final week.

Here's the poll on the DS forum on their favourite housemate...

Darnell - 9.57% (121)
    Kathreya - 3.72% (47)
    Lisa - 10.83% (137)
    Michael - 9.33% (118)
    Mohamed - 4.03% (51)
    Rachel - 33.36% (422)
    Rex - 19.29% (244)
    Sara - 9.88% (125)

Rachel is nearly double what Rex is on that poll and there's far more members on that board.

Interesting isn't it how someone that's been accused of being boring by several people on this board can have so many fans!

Here's the poll on their least favourite housemate...

Darnell - 10.43% (125)
    Kathreya - 10.84% (130)
    Lisa - 10.59% (127)
    Michael - 18.27% (219)
    Mohamed - 7.09% (85)
    Rachel - 4.00% (48)
    Rex - 34.28% (411)
    Sara - 4.50% (54)

Rex is by far and away the most disliked and interestingly Rachel is the least disliked. Food for thought eh? :)

I suspect Rex is popular on this board because there's that many threads cheerleading him.

I look forward to tomorrow's thread...

Superman
    The Flash
    Rex

Vote now!

Good for the Digital Spy forum! Rex would win that race easy!

Vote now![/I][/B]

Jesus, by that logic Rachel is the most exciting housemate by far which is just bull****. I wonder why Rachel has only 4% disapproval rating... maybe because she never does anything bad enough for people to vote her least favourite housemate. As long as there is someone else in there they will be more controversial and therefore get more of a hate-vote. If they do one bad thing that's one more than Rachel will ever do.

You seem to equate fans = exciting. In all walks of life people are liked based on many factors. For a lot of people, loyalty, dignity and strength of character are very high on the list of desirable traits. People can prefer someone who's a nice person but not very exciting over someone who is a bit of a bully. Wouldn't you agree?

• Advertisement

Jesus, by that logic Rachel is the most exciting housemate by far which is just bull****. I wonder why Rachel has only 4% disapproval rating... maybe because she never does anything bad enough for people to vote her least favourite housemate. As long as there is someone else in there they will be more controversial and therefore get more of a hate-vote.

I bet you wonder more why Rachel has 33% popularity and 422 votes when the impression you like to give is that she's dull and no one could possibly like her. ;)

Why do you think Rachel has so many supporters by the way out of interest?

PS I actually find Rachel VERY exciting. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

PS I actually find Rachel VERY exciting. :pac:

I wouldn't go that far but I find her interesting insofar as I genuinely think the girl doesn't have a bad bone in her body. Its also why Rex et al dislike her so much, they can't believe that she is just a nice person.

Rex strikes me as the kind of person that finds it very difficult getting on with people full stop.

See ye won't even answer when I ask ye. I don't dispute that anyone can possibly like her... I just said that in the post that you quoted (which you musn't have read). I said there are ways to explain why SO many people like her other than saying "she has most votes in the poll so she must be the most exciting housemate".

And who am I to say that some people for some reason find her to be an exciting person but I haven't seen any evidence of it. Que you flashing those poll figures again and ignoring what I've said.

Your logic is flawed because you have to argue that every year people are voted out in order of how exciting they are, starting with the least exciting (which you know is not the case).

See ye won't even answer when I ask ye. I don't dispute that anyone can possibly like her... I just said that in the post that you quoted (which you musn't have read). I said there are ways to explain why SO many people like her other than saying "she has most votes in the poll so she must be the most exciting housemate".

Have I argued that she was the most exciting housemate? I believe I've argued against the idea that she was boring. If you acknowledge that she has so many fans how can you still cling to this idea that she is boring?

Is being boring a charismatic trait in your view? Come on.
    And who am I to say that some people for some reason find her to be an exciting person but I haven't seen any evidence of it. Que you flashing those poll figures again and ignoring what I've said.

That's fair enough but up until now it's like you've been saying she's boring as if it's a matter of fact when the fact is a lot of people like myself are fans of hers.
    Your logic is flawed because you have to argue that every year people are voted out in order of how exciting they are, starting with the least exciting (which you know is not the case).

How is that my logic? :confused: My logic is that you're not going to be one of the most popular housemates in there if you are perceived as being boring. I put it to you and everyone else that the fact she is so well liked is evidence she is anything but boring and I think it's a pretty difficult point to refute.

Have I argued that she was the most exciting housemate? I believe I've argued against the idea that she was boring. If you acknowledge that she has so many fans how can you still cling to this idea that she is boring?
    No you haven't argued she is the most exciting housemate but she is number 1 in that poll, so she is the most exciting. Seeing as ye don't seem to consider the fact that other factors come into it such as other people's flaws and her other strengths (loyalty, dignity, honesty etc).
    Is being boring a charismatic trait in your view? Come on.

Course not, that's why I said it was her only flaw. And it's not as sensational a flaw as someone being a bully etc. Being boring should anger viewers more but it obviously doesn't, it isn't controversial enough for a witch-hunt.
    That's fair enough but up until now it's like you've been saying she's boring as if it's a matter of fact when the fact is a lot of people like myself are fans of hers.

Surely, by the mere fact that I said it, it is my opinion? :)
    How is that my logic? :confused: My logic is that you're not going to be one of the most popular housemates in there if you are perceived as being boring. I put it to you and everyone else that the fact she is so well liked is evidence she is anything but boring and I think it's a pretty difficult point to refute.

Yea, ok. You think that it isn't possible to be a boring person and do very well in (if not win) big brother. I just can't think of any times Rachel has said anything funny/witty/interesting. Sure she replies to people if they say something to her, but if she didn't she would be a mute. She does say stuff like "So how are you feeling?" and "Don't worry about it" in fairness :P

Superman
    The Flash
    Rex

Vote now!

Rex would have already done it, twice. and better than it could be done again.

No you haven't argued she is the most exciting housemate but she is number 1 in that poll, so she is the most exciting. Seeing as ye don't seem to consider the fact that other factors come into it such as other people's flaws and her other strengths (loyalty, dignity, honesty etc).

You don't seem to want to understand the point. She wouldn't finish top of a popularity contest due to other people's flaws. She topped it because she has fans and many people don't buy into the myths about her.
    Course not, that's why I said it was her only flaw. And it's not as sensational a flaw as someone being a bully etc. Being boring should anger viewers more but it obviously doesn't, it isn't controversial enough for a witch-hunt.

I can't believe you are still pushing this myth that she's boring when she has nearly double the fans that Rex had in the poll provided.

Surely if boring won you fans then Maysoon would have been the out-and-out winner? ;)
    Yea, ok. You think that it isn't possible to be a boring person and do very well in (if not win) big brother.

Correct. I don't see how you can be boring and yet be more liked than the likes of Kat and how you could survive a battle with the last of the eye-candy males Stu. There is a charm about her that many people enjoy and which her detractors refuse to acknowledge and/or recognise.
    I just can't think of any times Rachel has said anything funny/witty/interesting. Sure she replies to people if they say something to her, but if she didn't she would be a mute. She does say stuff like "So how are you feeling?" and "Don't worry about it" in fairness :P

That is a valid point if you only watch the highlights shows as they have chosen to leave out loads about her in recent weeks but if you watch the LF she has a lot of banter.

I'm sure there's still more to come from Rachel. :cool:

That is one of the most crazy posts i have ever read. :eek: :confused:

WHY? anyone can be a good entertaining housemate to watch! doesnt mean they deserve to win, ahgin il refer to john mc cirricrk on celeb bb few years ago, he was the most entertaining to watch, but not for a second did he deserve to win.
    jade goody inher time was one who everyone enjoyed watching, but again, not one that you would vote for to WIN the show, and prize money.

there was nothing crazy about my post at all.

WHY? anyone can be a good entertaining housemate to watch! doesnt mean they deserve to win, ahgin il refer to john mc cirricrk on celeb bb few years ago, he was the most entertaining to watch, but not for a second did he deserve to win.
    jade goody inher time was one who everyone enjoyed watching, but again, not one that you would vote for to WIN the show, and prize money.

there was nothing crazy about my post at all.

John Mc Crirrick was a horrible horrible man, jade was definately a good housemate but there was better people than her.

As for the most entertaining this year its been between Rex Darnell and Mikey so they should definately be in with a shot of the win.

John Mc Crirrick was a horrible horrible man, jade was definately a good housemate but there was better people than her.

As for the most entertaining this year its been between Rex Darnell and Mikey so they should definately be in with a shot of the win.

a horrible man maybe, jade was a horrible woman. still entertaining television.and good to watch,but that doesnt mean they deserve the win and prize money.

it should be mikey this year imo.
    why would you want to reward a bully like rex(who seems to be already rich enough, with 100,000 pounds or watever the prize is)

• Advertisement

TBH, i find Mikey revolting. he can be funny sometimes, but not in a witty way. I wish he'd stop messing with food, it makes my stomach turn. and he always has it all over his f#(king chin. its no excuse to be blind, I can eat in the dark!!

Id sooner hang out with rex than mikey, I dislike his loud shouting voice, his lack of participation in house tasks (he sabotaged nearly all of them), and his sense of humour.

a horrible man maybe, jade was a horrible woman. still entertaining television.and good to watch,but that doesnt mean they deserve the win and prize money.

it should be mikey this year imo.
    why would you want to reward a bully like rex(who seems to be already rich enough, with 100,000 pounds or watever the prize is)

I dont think Jade is a horrible person has she made mistakes yes but i dont think she is the worse in the world.

Darnell made a good point that he doesnt need the money but that doesnt mean he doesnt deserve the chance to win.

I think the bully word is used to much, it was that much of a bully as people say he is people would avoid him in the house and the fact that they dont and the majority like him should prove that, is he other things of coarse egotistical arrogant.

zuroph wrote: »
    TBH, i find Mikey revolting. he can be funny sometimes, but not in a witty way. I wish he'd stop messing with food, it makes my stomach turn. and he always has it all over his f#(king chin. its no excuse to be blind, I can eat in the dark!!

Id sooner hang out with rex than mikey, I dislike his loud shouting voice, his lack of participation in house tasks (he sabotaged nearly all of them), and his sense of humour.

ever tried eating your dinner with ur eyes closed??! i really dont think it would be all over his chin if he had his sight, do you? so yes, i think him being blind IS an excuse.you sound like nicole when you say that.

ever tried eating your dinner with ur eyes closed??! i really dont think it would be all over his chin if he had his sight, do you? so yes, i think him being blind IS an excuse.
    yes, i had this discussion with my girlfriend a few weeks back, and i can do it. besides, if i getg a little on my chin, i feel its there, and wipe it clean with a napkin or whatever, he's got hands, he can do the same. so NO excuse.

You don't seem to want to understand the point. She wouldn't finish top of a popularity contest due to other people's flaws. She topped it because she has fans and many people don't buy into the myths about her.
    I never said she doesn't have fans. I think this popularity contest so far has been based around people hating people, not loving them. So if you don't do anything to piss anyone off, you'll end up top easy.
    I can't believe you are still pushing this myth that she's boring when she has nearly double the fans that Rex had in the poll provided.

So you think this year's big brother would have lost more from not having Rex than not having Rachel? You think she's more entertaining than Rex? I don't like Rex as a person, but as a housemate he has definately brought more than she has to the show. If you are going to argue that she has, then I definately give up.
    Surely if boring won you fans then Maysoon would have been the out-and-out winner? ;)
    I had maysoon written into my post but left it out. You twist my words to imply I said "being boring is the reason rachel has fans"... I said that she has fans in spite of it.
    Maysoon was too good-looking. She wasn't nice and fluffy the way rachel is. Maysoon is not someone you can feel sorry for. As I've said, people having a go at Rachel helps her a lot because she turns into an actual puppy dog. These things play a bigger role than you give credit for.

Correct. I don't see how you can be boring and yet be more liked than the likes of Kat and how you could survive a battle with the last of the eye-candy males Stu. There is a charm about her that many people enjoy and which her detractors refuse to acknowledge and/or recognise.
    Kat has a very annoying quality to her and Stu was moaning for weeks before he went. I think the fact that he was associated with Silvia and that he was the one Sara went running to (leaving poor Darnell) meant he would have pissed people off. Plus, he was on the wrong side in the spitting incident. All these things count towards it and yet you still seem to see it as "if someone stays they are automatically exciting".
    That is a valid point if you only watch the highlights shows as they have chosen to leave out loads about her in recent weeks but if you watch the LF she has a lot of banter.
    You'll never guess what I watch! The highlights :)
    I'm sure there's still more to come from Rachel. :cool:

Probably more ass-sweat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Paddo81

I Skyplus BigBro and i tell ya every time Rachel comes into the diary room, i hit fast forward. Even when shes tryin to be honest about her problems with people, she still comes across as very twee. I dont think shes boring but just too nice. Rex baits her all the time like recently when she said to him "Oh im glad you told me to my face" The he said he had been talking behind her back as well. She still didnt get angry and just batted it away. I think the thing that pisses me off most is when Rex is on her case she wont tell him to Fcuk the hell up!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Paddo81 wrote: »
    I Skyplus BigBro and i tell ya every time Rachel comes into the diary room, i hit fast forward. Even when shes tryin to be honest about her problems with people, she still comes across as very twee. I dont think shes boring but just too nice. R

I don't understand? If you ff, how can you know what she is like?
    Rex baits her all the time like recently when she said to him "Oh im glad you told me to my face" The he said he had been talking behind her back as well. She still didnt get angry and just batted it away. I think the thing that pisses me off most is when Rex is on her case she wont tell him to Fcuk the hell up!

It's called having restraint, and realising when someone s trying to mind you up to get a reaction from you. How well did mouthing off routine work for the likes of Bex, Alex and Sylvia when rex provoked them?

Bottomline, the numbers are there and they are difficult to argue with. I was a massive Mario fan, but even I could see the writing was on the wall with the numbers that were coming up in polls on DS.

This forum seems to have a horrible tendency of mixing fact with opinion and failing to comprehend what they actually mean.

I don't understand?

Course ye do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Paddo81

I don't understand? If you ff, how can you know what she is like?

Ive seen more than enough of her over the summer to know her schtick. I dont always FF, just when she starts makin me cringe!

It's called having restraint, and realising when someone s trying to mind you up to get a reaction from you. How well did mouthing off routine work for the likes of Bex, Alex and Sylvia when rex provoked them?

Well I think she lets him treat her like a doormat. And you dont have to be a complete nutjob like Alex to put someone in their place. Rex only keeps it up cos she wont draw a line for him which he shouldnt cross. If she just gave as good as she got once, and in a cool "i dont give a sh1t what you think of me" manner then she'd win alotta of respect, from the public and her housemates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Well I think she lets him treat her like a doormat. And you dont have to be a complete nutjob like Alex to put someone in their place. Rex only keeps it up cos she wont draw a line for him which he shouldnt cross. If she had done that weeks ago, he'd respect her more and leave her be.

If it doesn't bother her, why make a big deal about it. Just because it annoys you doesn't mean Rachel has to mouth off to him. Different strokes ad all that.

How do you know that Rachel isn't let Rex dig a hole for himself, knowing that he looks like a complete twat, repeatedly picking on a girl who has done nothing wrong to him. It's a dam good tactic if she is, as it is working to a T so far.

Advertisement