Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulation

Options
  • 11-08-2008 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

anyone recmmend a good way to insulate a kennel???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Funnily enough, just ordered a new larger kennel. Because its so big we need to insulate it. We were thinking of buying those mats you use for camping, they are about five Euro each and are extremely good. We are going to stick them to the inside walls and roof of the kennel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭AmyG

lightening wrote: »
    Funnily enough, just ordered a new larger kennel. Because its so big we need to insulate it. We were thinking of buying those mats you use for camping, they are about five Euro each and are extremely good. We are going to stick them to the inside walls and roof of the kennel.

same as myself!!! I tried it unfortunitly my pup teared them out in her last kennel!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

You could use regular foam insulation and then put marine plywood over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

Carpet can work quite well too if you have a spare bit hanging around anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Caroline B

The vet carpet stuff is good. just expensive, but at least you can chuck it in the washing machine and it can't get ripped!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭kitcatz

zooplus.ie sell kennel insulation, but I think they're made specifically for the kennels they sell so mightn't fit yours!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

AmyG wrote: »
    same as myself!!! I tried it unfortunitly my pup teared them out in her last kennel!!!

Yeah... thought that might happen, mine, although is an asshole, he isn't a pup. I don't think he will tear it out, he always has chewies out the back anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭whitser

foam board then covered with ply. even an air cap(leave about 1 inch gap then a sheet of ply) with a ply interior will give good insulation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭whitser

carpet holds fleas and mites i wouldnt use that. if you want to give them bedding use paper, change it regularly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭AmyG

she tends to prefer the taste and rips it off!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement