Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why can't we have an English Market like Cork? and other things in city centre??

Options
  • 11-08-2008 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

I have just come back from a weekend in Cork where we stayed in the city centre and could walk just about everywhere eg to the cinema. I loved the English Market and I wish we had something like that in Limerick, I like the one on Saturdays here but there is really no comparison. Can we not do something like that here? I am fed up of having to shop in the Dunnes and Tescos and even the Aldis and Lidls and would love to have an all day market open to me.

And why can't we have a cinema in town, why does going to see a film involve a car? This is a really sore point for me at the moment as I have to get rid of my car that I love - it has never once let me down and it is so easy to drive and change it for a 7 seater just so I can fit three car seats in.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Why is everyone lately trying to turn limerick into cork?
    Limerick is not Cork.
    And No market for you.
    Except on saturday. The way God intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I don't think its a case of people trying to turn Limerick into Cork, its just people pointing out Corks far superior shopping and entertainment facilities. Limerick has a lot of catching up to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Limerick is not Cork.
    And No market for you.
    Except on saturday. The way God intended.

Silence skinny man! Those of us with more bulk require greater market facilities.
    Imagine Cork, except with Limerick people, it would be heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

grenache wrote: »
    I don't think its a case of people trying to turn Limerick into Cork, its just people pointing out Corks far superior shopping and entertainment facilities. Limerick has a lot of catching up to do.
    Other than Patrick St I don't think corks all that great for shopping at all. Mahon Point sucks, we have better out of town shopping facilities by a long shot but ill admit when it comes to the city centre they win.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I have just come back from a weekend in Cork where we stayed in the city centre and could walk just about everywhere eg to the cinema. I loved the English Market and I wish we had something like that in Limerick, I like the one on Saturdays here but there is really no comparison. Can we not do something like that here? I am fed up of having to shop in the Dunnes and Tescos and even the Aldis and Lidls and would love to have an all day market open to me.

And why can't we have a cinema in town, why does going to see a film involve a car? This is a really sore point for me at the moment as I have to get rid of my car that I love - it has never once let me down and it is so easy to drive and change it for a 7 seater just so I can fit three car seats in.

Ever hear of a bus?

If you like this said market so much then drive to Cork to it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

There are plans to turn the Saturday market into a more permanent daily market. Currently with an bord pleanala afaik.

Don't think the overall shopping in Cork is any better, but then, shopping isn't my thing.

Advertisement