Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weed & Feed large quanities

Options
  • 11-08-2008 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭

Where can you purchase large , say commercial quantities of Weed & Feed. I have about 1300 sq meters of lawn to do and the packaging sizes in the likes of B&Q, Woodies etc usually cater for 100 and 50sq meters. The small garden style dispensers cover 100 sq meters and cost €15 approx. This would cost approx €200. I would imagine that commercial type bags could be got much at much more reasonable prices. But Where ??

Thanks in advance

Secman

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Yeah, I'd be interested in finding this out too as I have an acre to "weed and feed". I've tried a lot of garden centres and they too only seem to stock the smaller quantities that Woddies and the like have.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

500m bags of feed, weed and mosskiller should be readily available from a gardencentre

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭ShowAndGo

You could try these guys http://www.nad.ie.

Other than that you should be looking at picking up the larger bags in (400+ sqm) the in the DIY stores. These are starting to go on sale now as the retailers are trying to get rid of them before the end of the summer. So if you can, buy what ever you need for next year now. Shop around, prices do vary between the main retailers.

You might want to pick up a rotary spread (as opposed to a drop spreader). I got one in a Homevalue promotion for €25 a few weeks ago. It took a bit of trial and error to find the right setting to dispense the correct amount of feed but it does the job. I have seen similar spreaders in other place for about €40 - €80. It will make your life a lot easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

To start my dad does our garden, he done a deal with local garden centre last May €110-00 for four bags (three for ours - one for his) of 20kg weed, feed & moss killer, if bought indivudally would have cost €35-00 each.
    During the growing season, he uses Gouldings 7-6-17 + sulphur to feed and keep the grass green, he also sprays the lawn with some week killer (D 50) both of which he buys in the local agri shop.
    I have to say that the results are green grass, which makes the neighbours even greener with envy.;)

Advertisement