Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASKING THE BIKE EXPERTS...

Options
  • 11-08-2008 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hello all,

I'm looking for advice on buying a bike. I live in Dublin and am primarily using it to get fit and as a mode of transport. I've read many threads about which bike is good and which is not, but I'm more confused now than I was before I started reading!

What I'd like is some sort of road bike that will give me a bit of speed but obviously still being comfortable to ride. I've had a look at some of the drop down handle bars and I have to say I'm liking that style, have not used them extensively before but from what I've read they'd be easy enough to get used to.

I've got up to 700euro to spend so naturally I'd like to not blow all that hard earned cash on a pile of s**te. Any advice would be great and also the best place to buy them would be very helpful.

A trip up North to get a bike is not beyond me either...

Many thank

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Al Wright

Have a look at CTC page
    http://www.ctc.org.uk/desktopdefault.aspx?tabid=3788
    you shall find outline descriptions of the various styles of cycling and associated bicycles. It might be worthwhile considering a low cost good secondhand option to start with, especially this time of year with shorter days and poorer cycling conditions on the horizon.
    I use a hybrid type (700 x 35 tyres, 21 speed, flat handlebars etc.) in the city and an audax style (dropped handlebars) bike for long weekend runs.

Advertisement