Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw Thread (12/08/08) SPOILERS

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

to be honest i dont think a legend is needed to fill the JJ Dillon role as it was put because as Rovert says they are all decent on the mic, just that if someone was used i wouldent pic Flair (even if he did still work for the company) as it wanna emphasise this is a new group. The fact that Deuce has been off the air so long yet was drafted and unlike Domino not release is also what makes me think they are currently working on him before debuting a new character and the JS Jr role would make sense considering the rumoured next generation stable from a while back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

to be honest i dont think a legend is needed to fill the JJ Dillon role as it was put because as Rovert says they are all decent on the mic, just that if someone was used i wouldent pic Flair (even if he did still work for the company) as it wanna emphasise this is a new group.

Yeah, it wouldnt make sense for Priceless to be hanging around with an old foggey.

The only reasons you have manager is either talk or bump for a wrestler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

rovert wrote: »
    Bad.

Priceless, Orton & Batista can all talk for themselves.

I'll reserve judgement on Priceless as they haven't really cut that many promos yet, though they seem like they'll be decent in time. As for Orton, he's pretty poor on a live mic. In his last run as champion he was shown up numerous times, by HBK in particular. Batista as well is mediocre at best, hes NEVER cut a money promo in his life to my mind.

I think someone like Flair would be awesome to cut the fiery passionate promos as and when needed. I mean gong back to the Horsemen, they were ALL brilliant promo guys,some of the greatest ever, streets ahead of Orton/Batista/Priceless (the original group anyway) yet they still had Dillon as well.......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

flahavaj wrote: »
    I'll reserve judgement on Priceless as they haven't really cut that many promos yet, though they seem like they'll be decent in time. As for Orton, he's pretty poor on a live mic. In his last run as champion he was shown up numerous times, by HBK in particular

I disagree on all this.
    I think someone like Flair would be awesome to cut the fiery passionate promos as and when needed. I mean gong back to the Horsemen, they were ALL brilliant promo guys,some of the greatest ever, streets ahead of Orton/Batista/Priceless (the original group anyway) yet they still had Dillon as well.......

Flair lost that ability years ago, his rants arent coherent anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mrpobb

i'm so happy mr infinity bump flair is gone. debiase jr is already being refered to as the new orton. i didn't orton was old enough for that. if any faction formed it would need a leader. orton is not that guy. he's a loner and good at it. put jbl in there and you got money and priceless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Batista as well is mediocre at best, hes NEVER cut a money promo in his life to my mind.

The promo he gave when he had to relinquish the belt went down ridiculously well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

rovert wrote: »
    Rey is the only guy with a mask and has only recently has come to terms with WWE, in fairness.

Charlie Haas:).

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

I thought CM Punk and JBL's promo was brilliant, you can see CM Punk is getting better!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

mrpobb wrote: »
    Batista is working probably the best I have ever seen from him. Since the stretcher match at ONS, he has looked unstoppable.
    That stretcher match was diabolical. It proved to me that even Michaels can have bad matches.

I was surprised by the Jericho-Kane match. I found it quite enjoyable and well-paced. When you couple this with decent matches he had with Punk and Morrisson before leaving ECW, maybe the Big Red Monster isn't as washed up as I had previously thought.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

I defiently agree but the Straight Edge gimmick was a bit awkward when JBL offered the toast. I think felt they kinda had to cheer CM just for the sake of it and not for any other reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

That stretcher match was diabolical. It proved to me that even Michaels can have bad matches..

i totally agree! it was a snore fest! HBK tried so hard but just couldnt get a good match outta batista!

Advertisement