Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soccer Radio?

• 11-08-2008 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭

when i go to work in the mornings i listen to talksport radio, (an english mw station) and it discusses everything football from the previous day, daily papers and prewviews upcoming matches.
    basically this station does what the title says it talks about sport all day....

in the evenings and weekends if there is a match on i'll tune into bbc radio 5 live for the commentary.....

i was just wondering why we dont have similar radio stations in ireland?

i would much prefer to wake up every morning listening to football talk, (all sports really), rather than the dribble provided by dempsey and colm and jim jim... wtf? :(....

i know in the evenings we have off the ball on newstalk which can be very good, but i'd like a proper drive time programme in the evenings, and some irish fm station who'd provide commentary on prem league, eircom league, champions league etc during the week and at weekends.

it could include lots of other sport as well.

am i the only one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

corban wrote: »
    when i go to work in the mornings i listen to talksport radio, (an english mw station) and it discusses everything football from the previous day, daily papers and prewviews upcoming matches.
    basically this station does what the title says it talks about sport all day....

in the evenings and weekends if there is a match on i'll tune into bbc radio 5 live for the commentary.....

i was just wondering why we dont have similar radio stations in ireland?

i would much prefer to wake up every morning listening to football talk, (all sports really), rather than the dribble provided by dempsey and colm and jim jim... wtf? :(....

i know in the evenings we have off the ball on newstalk which can be very good, but i'd like a proper drive time programme in the evenings, and some irish fm station who'd provide commentary on prem league, eircom league, champions league etc during the week and at weekends.

it could include lots of other sport as well.

am i the only one?

Yeah it'd be nice to get an Irish sports radio station but it isn't going to happen. We'll have to settle for the british MW channels I'm afraid. 5 Live is always good for the matches anyways and Fighting Talk is always a good laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Don't know if it's any good to you but be sure to get the Football Weekly podcasts from Guardian unlimited. James Richardson presents them.

They've finished up for the summer but I'd imagine they'll restart soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭atilladehun

The times (english) has a podcast too. Wasn't as good as the guardian but often did interviews that the guardian didn't. It was the second podcast I'd listen to each week. It has started back and has new personnel so might improve.

The BBC also do podcasts, if you go onto to iTunes store and select podcast you'll see the selection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

Can't stand listening to talk radio, can't watch SS news for more than 10 mins so no.

Advertisement