Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation 2: 35 euro Tesco Mahon Point

• 11-08-2008 7:23pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭

Was in Tesco Mahon Point earlier and they're selling selected PS2 games at 75% off. This also included the slimline PS2 which was 140 with 75% off which I think is about 35 euro.

Excellent price for a console with a huge library of excellent games, a DVD player, and it's backward compatible with PS1 games.
    There's still new titles being released so this really is a great deal.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Is it anywhere in Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

Any other Tesco have this promotion?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Couldn't tell ye.

Best bet is get on the blower to your local store, although staff aren't even aware of some of these promotions themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭freebee23

Hi All,

Saw this offer in Tesco a few weeks back.
    Checked out Clarehall and Clearwater but no PS2 consoles were in stock. Presumed that all the other stores were out of stock also. Never followed it up. Might be worth a call to a few of their stores.

Cheers,
    Freebee23

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Saw the 75% off on ps2 games in Tesco Stillorgan, didn't see anything about consoles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Just back from Tesco Dundrum, no console only a few PS2 games with 75% off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I'll be heading to MP this evening to get one so can grab one for ya if you want...

None Left in Mahon point :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

anyone spot them anywhere else in cork? sounded like a really sweet deal alright

• Advertisement

none in paul St either.
    Not sure about wilton....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

jayteecork wrote: »
    Was in Tesco Mahon Point earlier and they're selling selected PS2 games at 75% off. This also included the slimline PS2 which was 140 with 75% off which I think is about 35 euro.
    so you didnt actually buy one?

did anyone get one? or are they sold out?

blue-army wrote: »
    so you didnt actually buy one?

did anyone get one? or are they sold out?

I already own a PS2.
    I just saw them on sale in Mahon Point so I posted an alert.

It said "75% off - discount at checkout" It was on empty cases that they have the PS2 console on the front. That's how they sell them in Tesco. You bring the case to the checkout and they sell you the console.

And watch your tone, you seem to be implying I'm making the whole thing up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

jayteecork wrote: »
    I already own a PS2.
    I just saw them on sale in Mahon Point so I posted an alert.

It said "75% off - discount at checkout" It was on empty cases that they have the PS2 console on the front. That's how they sell them in Tesco. You bring the case to the checkout and they sell you the console.

And watch your tone, you seem to be implying I'm making the whole thing up.

no I wasn't.....I was simply implying that you could have maybe seen the offer wrong, since people in Dundrum and Stillorgan said that they were only a few PS2 games with 75% off.
    Nobody on here saw the same offer as you!

Milk the Man went out to Mahon point and stated they were all sold out - implying that they were being offered for sale at some point.

I didn't see the offer in any other Tesco so it looks like it was just Mahon Point.

Then again the only other Tesco I was in was Paul St and never checked the games stall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

They were defo on sale @ 75% off in Mahon point, just a pity they were all gone by the time I got there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭buckrodgers

They told me yesterday in Mahon Point that the offer isnt ending until the 25th of August and they would be getting more consoles in before then.

Hmmm... they never told me that
    Must keep an eye out for them over the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭buckrodgers

It was one of the fellas on the floor. He went away and checked if they had any in the store room first, when he couldnt find any he said he was told there were more coming in. He seemed very genuine, one of those unusual people that likes to help customers:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement